Author Topic: SDCC "Revenge of the Jedi" Death Star Mega-Box Set  (Read 61721 times)

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Re: Revenge of the Jedi Set
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2011, 06:41 PM »
Well HTS did have Galactus after the show so i am hoping a few make it on there. Or else ebay it is.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2011, 06:50 PM »
did they specifically say it will NOT be available online like previous SDCC exclusives have been or are you just speculating?

They pretty much said, currently the plan is that this thing will be limited in number and they are not expecting to have any to sell after the show.  Of course, things could change before SDCC.  Maybe they'll see the reaction on-line and adjust the plan a bit.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2011, 07:28 PM »
I'm assuming like all repacks they're not really going to be limited once out at retail...  The others aren't tough buys.  It's the big single pack with the mini-guys that suck if you want them then...  The regular Revenge figures that are repacks may not (or may?) wind up being rare.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2011, 07:38 PM »
Umm... this sucks. Sorry. Easy pass.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2011, 07:41 PM »
This thing is absurd...do they think everyone drives to SDCC? Good luck fitting the f-ing thing in the overhead compartment on your flight home!

Why not just release it in a 75 lb solid steel collectible garbage can?  ::)

That is just crazy. Worst...packaging...ever!
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2011, 07:42 PM »
Maybe this is the Death Star playset?  :-X
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline EpicGon

• Jedi Padawan
  • The life so short, the craft so large to learn.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2011, 07:48 PM »
It would be a chance to buy separately the tie fighter pilot from Endor pilots pack.

Perhaps a corrected Leia slave would be the one from sandstrorm scene. Tlc version has got some v shape torso.

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #22 on: February 12, 2011, 08:11 PM »
I'll be pretty disappointed if this doesn't end up on HTS.  But to be honest, the only thing I really want is Slave Leia, who I'm sure will be the challenge to find at retail.

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 12, 2011, 08:15 PM »
easy pass for me.  there, I just freed up one for you guys.   ;D

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #24 on: February 12, 2011, 11:43 PM »
Yup, I've looked it over and unless the individual figure prices are right, I doubt I buy any Revenge carded figures at all.  Extra TIE Pilots would rock, but I'd rather order from other sources than pay $8.99 a piece for them here.

I'll live without Salacious and Mousedroid.  Cool, cute, and if individually sold I'd buy them.  As it stands now, I'm out.  Not even considering trying the SDCC set.  No way I'd pay what they'll inevitably want.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 13, 2011, 01:08 AM »
It looks like the Endor Rebel Commando that's coming on the "Revenge of the Jedi" cardback will be a head-swap from the recent release.

If they were going to use this as an opportunity to make little tweaks, why not also give us the second Darth Vader and Boba Fett Kenner card-back images? Why keep using the first release images, especially when for both of them, it was during the ROTJ line that the pictures were changed.

I really hope that releases of the B-Wing Pilot, TIE Pilot and Slave Leia with the "Revenge of the Jedi" logo aren't the only way we're ever going to get those figures released in the Vintage Collection.

Everytime I think about this pack, I just hate it more and more.

I hope they decide to also make a mini-version of the 4-LOM/Zuckass name-switch pack from last summer and put in it the vintage carded Salacious Crumb and Mouse Droid, this way, if you really just want those two characters on vintage-style cardbacks, you can make the smaller purchase. I know that takes away the exclusivity of the DS2 set in terms of content, but if they thing that oversized DS2 packaging is so great, why not let the packaging sell the set. The 12 other figures are already going to be released individually in cases shipped in the fall, so the only draw really should be that you get all 14 at once.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 13, 2011, 06:24 AM »
Well, I don't have any problem with it being available.  I'm not personally going to go for it.  Collectors have shown that you can fill the death star carrying case with jelly beans, make it an overpriced exclusive, and you'll still have a mob of people willing to kill the person in front of them and behind them in line for the opportunity to pay $100 for it.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 13, 2011, 08:27 AM »
Hey, get out of the way!

I'm a sucker for stuff like this. Cool idea.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 13, 2011, 01:10 PM »
Figures, I recently got the dark-skinned Rebel Endor Soldier from Saga. Hopefully it's not the same head.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #29 on: February 13, 2011, 03:24 PM »
The heads don't swap (I tried), so I wouldn't worry that they're just slipping that one into there.  Could be the bespin guard, it would fit.  I didn't look at the image everyone's talking about because this item isn't huge to me (I'm more interested in the individual figures so I can pick and choose).

I'm kind of surprised after the 3-packs fiasco at Target that they're considering this at all for anyone.  But hey, more power.  I'm kind of happy it's an exclusive.  I'm going to be disappointed if the Mousedroid is A) New, B) Small, and C) Only ever available in this thing.  Not that a scale one doesn't exist, it's just not been made in the regular line ever and it's the kind of thing I'd dig having.  I'm guessing it'll be the POTF2 thing.