Author Topic: 2011/2012 Marvel Legends  (Read 8087 times)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: 2011/2012 Marvel Legends
« Reply #75 on: July 15, 2012, 09:03 PM »
So, what did everyone think of the Legends showing at SDCC?  One of the few lines that I follow that actually had some new stuff and info to show, so that was nice.  I'm glad to see it appears Hasbro is dedicated to continuing the line now, after putting it on hiatus at the start of Marvel Universe.  Also curious to see that the upcoming animated Ultimate Spider-Man line (which I would assume is for kids) is also in the 6" scale.  Of the figures shown, I'm glad to see that we're getting the rest of the Wrecking Crew, the new costume Iron Fist, a new Jean Grey, and others.  Sounds like they'll continue the three waves per year thing, which is about right.  Also, for 2013, a switch to small build a figures (with Wave 1 being Hit Monkey, and a hint at Rocket Raccoon possibly coming later).

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I'm a dude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 15, 2012, 11:47 PM »
I really like the US Agent figure - can't believe how long it has taken to get Walker in the lineup.  Moonstar, Red She-Hulk, White Iron Fist, and Protector were all pleasant surprises.  I will pick up all of those if I can, which is beyond my usual allotment of ML figs.  New Jean Grey and X-Men Deadpool look nice too.  I rarely get the BAF, so not too worried about thcnages there either way.
"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason. " -Jack Handey

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #77 on: July 18, 2012, 12:47 PM »
Got the X-Force set (and Masters of Evil) on HTS  ;D
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 18, 2012, 08:46 PM »
I wasn't near a computer when these went up, so pretty much missed out on everything.  I wasn't sure I even wanted the Carbon Freeze set, so no big deal, but would have liked to have gotten the X-Force set (or the Masters of Evil set).  Oh well, I'll keep watching just in case.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 25, 2012, 09:14 PM »
Just got notice today that BBTS has the Wave 3 figures in stock (at least my preorder is now available), so those should be hitting fairly soon (hopefully).

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 13, 2012, 08:55 PM »
I did "ship my loot" last week, and received Wave 3 from BBTS.  Another nice wave overall, especially for what amounts to a "fill in" wave from what I've read from Hasbro (no BAF, some repaints).  The Dr. Doom in this wave seems to be just a repaint of the earlier FF wave Doom, although the paint makes it look better I think.  The Deadpool I received was the X-Force version, so I'm not sure if that means that is the first one shipping or not (I still haven't ever seen a normal Deadpool through the Toy Biz or Hasbro lines, hopefully soon).  I also got Punisher (instead of Blade), and Mystique (instead of Moonstar).  I have both from the Toy Biz lines, but these are both nice figures as well.  I actually like the Mystique more I think, and Punisher isn't bad either (has a trenchcoat this time).  Nice to get a USAgent as well.  Oh, and there's another Iron Man, which isn't bad either.

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 14, 2012, 09:42 AM »
Not really a Legend, but I did just get the Marvel Select Anti-Venom.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #82 on: September 16, 2012, 12:45 PM »
Very cool, it is an awesome figure.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: October 11, 2012, 01:15 PM »
New figures shown at NYCC were Black Panther, Hawkeye and Phoenix (white version).

Pretty lackluster...
Common sense isn't so common

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: October 11, 2012, 02:46 PM »
To say the least. What is their aversion to showing new single carded figures?
Slice you open like a tauntaun, faster than the Autobahn,
Or a motorbike in Tron, do the deed and then I'm gone.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: October 11, 2012, 08:53 PM »
Yeah, nothing super exciting yet I guess, although I'm sort of glad they are doing (re-doing) Hawkeye and Phoenix, since I never got those from the Toy Biz Legends line and they are fairly pricey these days.  The Hawkeye sort of looks like the Dark Avengers color scheme, and I'd rather have the regular version (maybe it is a variant).  Nothing new really shown for MU that I've seen yet, still curious about the future of that line.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I'm a dude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: October 12, 2012, 12:30 AM »
I don't know - I'm pretty happy with the lineup.  I'll be picking up a lot of these if I can find them for under $20 unlike current waves.  Hawkeye is a must, as is the Protector and Black Panther.  I'll probably get Red She-Hulk, Iron Fist, and White Phoenix as well.  I'm not sure I need another Sentry or Cap, maybe Moonstone though.  That's more than I would typically buy from a Legends or Universe wave.  And if there's some way to get a giant Iron Monger, I amgoing to be all over that.
"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason. " -Jack Handey

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #87 on: October 16, 2012, 03:30 AM »
OK, I know jack on super heroes, but is there a giant Sentinel figure for this line?

If so I guess it's showing up at Ross for cheap.

I could stop in sometime and look if people needed it.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: October 16, 2012, 08:47 AM »
that is for the Marvel Universe line

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #89 on: October 18, 2012, 01:47 AM »
Thanks Smash, figured I'd offer to help out if I saw them.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77