Collectibles > Discover the Force / Movie Heroes

New Packaging for 3D Re-Releases

<< < (2/8) > >>

Jayson:
I think it'll be the same set up as we've had for a while. Vintage. Legends. Clone Wars. Clone Wars and non-vintage packaging stuff will all sport the "Maul look" just like the blue/red packaging with clones from 2008-2009 and blue/black "SOTDS" packaging with Rex for 2010-2011.

McMetal:
That looks like an awful lot of plastic, I wonder if it will be trimmed down for production.

That motif is going to look kind of silly for the Clone Wars line though, IMHO. (Oppress arc or not)

Jesse James:
You have to imagine too what the focus is for the year...  Clone Wars will be taking a backseat to the theatrical release.  The line's look will lean more on what's being pushed the most by Lucasfilm more than anything.

Clone Wars will ultimately sort of fall secondary then, I'd imagine.

I don't mind the card...  It looks like maybe bigger/cooler accessories could return.  I like that, if it happens.

Scockery:

--- Quote from: Morgbug on February 25, 2011, 02:53 PM --- Ok, maybe not him but surely Jabba did, especially after the SEs came out.  Get the fat blob on a card.   ;)

--- End quote ---

Ha! If only I had the resources to make a mock Jabba Collection card.

I dislike any character-theme packaging. Not even Vader makes it look good.

I bet vintage packaging ends by early next year. It's been a "treat" for fans, but I suspect the suits really want  a more unified brand look.

JACKOFTRADZE:
They should have went with Sio-Bibble instead of Darth Maul. He represents EP1 so much better...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version