Author Topic: Best Vintage Figure Stands?  (Read 5267 times)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Best Vintage Figure Stands?
« on: April 10, 2018, 02:00 PM »
Apologies if this topic exists here somewhere, I didn't see it on a quick glance. I was just curious if anyone had specific recommendations for figure stands for vintage figures. I am finally getting close to my long delayed goal of having a complete loose run from Star Wars to ROTJ (hopefully the POTF stuff someday), and have started thinking about display. Anyways, I know there are plenty of options out there, but I just thought I'd check to see if any were better than the rest. I've seen lots of the plain circular stands in eBay, and also some rectangular ones with the Kenner logo as well. It may not make any difference, but I was wondering if some were a better fit than others.

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
Re: Best Vintage Figure Stands?
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2018, 02:58 PM »
I've used these.  http://www.theearthtoymall.com/acfigstan.html

They work on pretty much every figure.   My only complaint is that I wished they had a clear option.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 7, 2019, 04:43 PM »
I am in the middle of redoing my Transformers and Marvel displays and just picked up some awesome stands from SmallJoes.com.  They are a little bigger than I'd like and I don't really understand the peg placement, but they're sturdy, clear, and crazy cheap.  Most places I found wanted $.50 to a $1.00 per stand, even in bulk.  I picked up 100 of the clear ones for about $25 shipped, and they arrived in two days.  Just wanted to share in case anyone is looking for these.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 7, 2019, 05:48 PM »
Says they work on modern Star Wars figures... I might have to go with them since EE doesn’t know if or when they’ll restock theirs (and I talked to Adam).  My OCD might have issues with two different types of stands.  :D. Thanks for the info, Justin.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 9, 2019, 01:45 PM »
Says they work on modern Star Wars figures... I might have to go with them since EE doesn’t know if or when they’ll restock theirs (and I talked to Adam).  My OCD might have issues with two different types of stands.  :D. Thanks for the info, Justin.

No problem.  If you're up this way in the near future and want to see them in person just let me know.  I probably have 50+ leftover, so I'm planning to use them for some SW figs too.  It was just too cheap to go with anything less than 100.
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 9, 2019, 08:30 PM »

No problem.  If you're up this way in the near future and want to see them in person just let me know.  I probably have 50+ leftover, so I'm planning to use them for some SW figs too.  It was just too cheap to go with anything less than 100.

If you try it out on the SW figures (any of the newer TVC, old Black Series) let me know how they work.  I've got a ton of figures that need to be displayed.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2019, 12:24 PM »
Just tried one with the Qi'ra basi figure and it works great.  Nice snug fit.

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2019, 10:58 AM »
I am in the middle of redoing my Transformers and Marvel displays and just picked up some awesome stands from SmallJoes.com.  They are a little bigger than I'd like and I don't really understand the peg placement, but they're sturdy, clear, and crazy cheap.  Most places I found wanted $.50 to a $1.00 per stand, even in bulk.  I picked up 100 of the clear ones for about $25 shipped, and they arrived in two days.  Just wanted to share in case anyone is looking for these.

Thanks for the recommendation, Jman.  I finally bit and bought these after waiting on EE to say if they were getting any more of their stands in since I'm a little OCD in wanting uniform stands.  They finally posted that a preorder with a price spike of $5 to make it about $15 a pack of 25 so that got me not to worry about my OCD and go the cheaper route.  They are located not too far from me, so I wonder if they would meet up somewhere to buy them to avoid shipping (I see it's only an internet store, but figure it's worth a shot).

Now to get figures put away.