Author Topic: Do You Display Your Vintage Figures?  (Read 29465 times)

Offline bobafett14

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Pennsylvania Star Wars Collectors Society
Re: Do You Display Your Vintage Figures?
« Reply #30 on: September 26, 2012, 03:11 PM »
Here's some pics of my vintage...should link to the vintage loose shelf, but you can scroll through various pics...

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v212/bobafett14/?action=view&current=vintagesaga.jpg

Bob
Star Wars and toy Collector since 1978(age 7).  currently over 6,500 SW items in my personal collection. Collect modern/vintage and everything in-between ;^)

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 28, 2012, 09:06 AM »
Very nice pics, an impressive array of SW swag there!

I have an early X-Mas photo just like that one in your gallery, except I am opening the Cantina playset, not the Falcon. Good times.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 28, 2012, 10:09 AM »
Great pictures. I have one of those R2-D2 coolers. Unfortunately the head and legs dissolved from being exposed to sunlight. Someday I have to find a new set.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 8, 2012, 11:20 PM »
I think the best pic is the one of you as a kid opening that Falcon.  I love old photos like that.  The magazine covers and photos leading up the stairs look great too.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 27, 2018, 10:39 PM »
So...after living in my current house for 5+ years now, I finally decided to do something about those 3 giant plastic bins that have been sitting in my man cave since we moved in here.  :P

It's a bit tricky trying to figure out how much shelf space it is going to take to display a complete collection of everything loose, but I am committed now. Already put together the Ewok village and Death Star, and dug out the Shuttle, Rebel Transport and AT-AT. Aside from the Falcon I think those are all the largest pieces. Although some of those Rebel ships are pretty hefty too.

Just figured it was time, stuff was bringing me no joy locked away. Will try to post pics when done.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 7, 2018, 05:17 PM »
Please share pics when you get it displayed.  I put most of my stuff behind glass, but it takes up more space than you'd think.  My Falcon, B-Wing, Rebel Transport, Ewok Village, and most of my Hoth stuff is all on a separate shelf.  Maybe this will give you some ideas.  I put the figures along with variations and a few customs all along the top, but my hope is to eventually seed the ships with more figures, so they look kind of like the old school pictures on the vintage boxes.

From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 9, 2018, 08:28 AM »
That looks fantastic! I see holes in my own collection that you have like your foreign stuff. Very cool.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 9, 2018, 09:15 AM »
Don't look at Justin's collection/display too hard. It'll make you ashamed of your own
« Last Edit: November 9, 2018, 09:15 AM by GrandMoffNick »
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 9, 2018, 09:29 AM »
That looks superb!

I did finally get everything out, realized the Death Star, AT-AT and Imperial Shuttle are too tall for my shelves so they are lounging in front now, but everything else I was able to get squared away and it looks ok. Now I just have to put all my figures out...

Photos are on the way!

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 9, 2018, 02:33 PM »
Thanks guys.  Still have some work to do on those displays, but I'm getting there.  Can't wait to see some other pictures.  I always get good ideas from other people's layouts.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 17, 2018, 12:49 PM »
Gorgeous... really, that's beautiful!

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 15, 2019, 12:39 PM »
Sadly, my vintage figures are all being store in acid-free bags in SW figure cases under my bed. I'd like to build a custom display case with some UV protection glass before breaking them out for display again.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."