Author Topic: Mattel Batman  (Read 51518 times)

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
Re: Mattel Batman
« Reply #45 on: September 20, 2004, 06:07 PM »
I'm willing to bet the idiots who decided the MOTU/Batman casepacks are now back at Hasbro, and were solely responsible for the ******-up OTC and VOTC casepacks.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 27, 2004, 09:32 AM »
Although I know many people aren't a fan of the new "the Batman" cartoon and/or toyline, but I've been watching and although it isn't "Batman: The Animated Series", it isn't too bad.  Maybe its the fact that I'm just enjoying seeing Bats in a solo cartoon again.  I've always been a big Batman fan, so I decided to check out the toy line, since I've always managed to get in kind of late on the other ones.  So far, I've picked up the "zipline" Bats (which is a good figure, aside from the "action feature"), and the new look Joker.  So far...it looks like Mattel is doing a better job with the line this time.  The Bat-variants make a little more sense in some cases (actually used/going to be used in the cartoon I guess), and the "basic" figures like Bruce Wayne, Batman, and Joker are the more heavily packed figures.  Also, in the next two waves, there are two villains each (Penguin, Man Bat, Bane, and Firefly).  Anyways, not too bad of line so far at least...if you like the animated look of the characters.  Definitely a different take on them.  Does make me miss the days of B:TAS being on tv though, I think I might go pick up that DVD set that is out sometime this week.

Edit:  Oh, by the way, here's what the next couple waves look like (they are re-releasing the "normal" Bats, without the action feature, and with a removable blue vest instead, so that's good news.  Upcoming The Batman Figures
« Last Edit: September 27, 2004, 09:34 AM by mosnab »

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 30, 2004, 10:38 AM »
Again, not sure if anyone is interested, but some more figures were announced for "The Batman" animated line.  Could it be possible that Mattel is actually starting to "get it"?  These are the case assortments:

Wave "N" - November:

2x Man Bat
2x Bane
1x Zip Batman
1x Bruce Wayne to Batman

Wave "P" - December:

2x Penguin
2x Firefly
2x Power Disc Batman (which is a normal Batman, with a strapped on cannon of some sort)

You can see this info (and pics) over at Action-Figure.com.  Although some of the character designs are a little different than what we are used to, I have picked up a couple from this line, and I'm thinking about continuing.  I've always been a Bat-fan, but seem to get into the lines fairly late in the game.  Figured I could start fresh here, and see what happens.  If Mattel continues case assortments like this, it should make some people happier as well.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #48 on: September 30, 2004, 10:50 AM »
Hmm, they look like nice figures, I don't care for the stylized renditions though :-\

Offline John C

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 4, 2004, 11:24 PM »
The comic line is supposed to have a Bane and a Scarecrow come out next year sometime.   I have seen the pictures around the web.  I would kill for a 4H Catwoman.
« Last Edit: October 4, 2004, 11:25 PM by Jack »

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 5, 2004, 09:07 AM »
Yeah, I've seen the pics of the Bane and Scarecrow too, and they don't look too bad.  It would be nice to see Mattel turn things around in the comic line, and offer more villains over more Bat-variants.  Also a super-poseable type Batman coming up next year sometime I believe.  I agree with you, I'd like to see the 4H tackle Catwoman, as well as the Penguin and Riddler.

Offline John C

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 14, 2004, 04:45 PM »
Mattel has made a two pack of Arctic Bats and Mr Freeze.  I saw them at a Target today.  The Freeze was the goggled version.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #52 on: October 14, 2004, 05:00 PM »
Never have seen Freeze or Croc on the pegs...not sure if I want them anymore anyway.   :-\

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #53 on: November 6, 2004, 10:43 PM »
While not made by Mattel I thought these Japanese Microman Bats and BatGirl were always pretty spiffy

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/toystan.asp?Queryid=af680

$15 is a pretty good deal

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 7, 2004, 01:42 PM »
I wanted to obtain a Toyfair Hush figure, with no luck. :(

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #55 on: November 7, 2004, 04:37 PM »
OCB, I have a no goggles Freeze carded if you want him.  LMK.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #56 on: November 8, 2004, 08:30 AM »
I am not into this line, but I really want the new Bane figure, it looks amazing.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 10, 2004, 09:53 AM »
I know many people don't care about this line anymore, but from what I've been reading at various sites around the web, it sounds like the Batman comic line might be Going the Way of MOTU.  From what I have read, it is sounding like by the time the "new" figs of Bane and Scarecrow (as shown at ToyFair/Comic Con), will be sold not at retail, but overseas and possibly through Diamond somehow.  Probably not real surprising news, but I'm still kind of bummed to see it.  It sounds like Target might continue to get the 2 packs.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #58 on: November 10, 2004, 11:34 AM »
Thats crazy, i am just waiting for MAttel to go out of business. They suck.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #59 on: January 13, 2005, 01:48 AM »
Behold! The lameness that is the Batman Begins toyline!!!!

It just proves Mattel hasn't learned a ******* thing. More stupid variations on the Bat theme. It might be alright if the villains aren't nonexistant.

However, the links DO have small pics which include the VILLIANS!!!
From what I can tell, they look pretty damn cool. I'd just post the pics, but I'm looking out for the spoiler-wary and I'm just too damn lazy.

don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk