Community > Hall of Justice

Mattel Batman

<< < (2/21) > >>

Morgbug:
I hate to consistently say this, but Canada sucks for toys.  If I get to see these, it will probably be in October.  That's if they come here.  

I'll be in Cincinnati then too, so I'll probably find some stuff, but the first waves are likely to be gone.  And it's nice seeing pics, but I can never really tell if I want something by the pics.  I like to have the sense of scale and see how the paint it and all that sort of stuff.  Droid Factory R2 is my case in point.  I really liked the pictures, but once I had him in my hands, the paint was dull, it didn't look quite "right".  I don't even really want to keep this guy.  

Sigh.  Such is the life of being a toy collector in the wrong country.  Thanks for letting me whine.

DSJ™:

--- Quote from: Morgbug on August  4, 2003, 11:36 AM ---I hate to consistently say this, but Canada sucks for toys.

Sigh.  Such is the life of being a toy collector in the wrong country.  Thanks for letting me whine.

--- End quote ---

Really! I didn't notice!  ;D  I'm with ya on the whining part!  ;)  :'(

Nicklab:
I saw the new Batmobile today.  I can't believe they're already putting out vehicles!

MisterPL:
And a Batcycle with a dedicated figure! Yippee!

Mattel has actually found a way to fit more Suck into this toy line than Hasbro. There is exactly ONE Batman figure worth getting. Nothing against the Four Horsemen of course, they're just guns for hire. They do a great job of polishing a turd. It's Mattel's lame concepts that need to be scrapped.

This line needs diversity. Batman has a rich history of costumes and characters. USE IT. Make two or three AUTHENTIC Batman figures with oodles of articulation and instead of retiring them in six months, reissue them in new assortments with other characters.

Gimme a modern Batman figure with characters from "Hush" like Catwoman and Huntress. Gimme a Frank Miller Batman with a Carrie Kelly Robin and Mutant Leader. Heck, gimme a Batman Returns Batman with a movie accurate Penguin and Catwoman.

Are good ideas so hard to come up with at the Mattel offices? Are their heads so deeply entrenched between Barbie's™ perfect butt cheeks that they can't possibly watch a TV or read a comic? (Or visit the DC message boards?)

Ben:
What pisses me off is that I've found these at three different stores, and have yet to find a Zipline Batman. I don't hold much hope of finding a Joker (or any villain for that matter) so I'm not to worried about this line. I just wish they could pull their heads out of their collective a$$es there at Mattel and just distribute the products evenly. But, if they did that, places like he-man.org would actually be a pleasure to visit.

OK, that was my rant for the day.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version