Author Topic: Mattel Batman  (Read 51509 times)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Mattel Batman
« Reply #75 on: April 4, 2005, 09:11 AM »
Although it was taking a major back seat this weekend, it looked as if the Batman Begins product must have rolled out as well.  I noticed at Target at least, they had a fairly large section on BB stuff, and saw stuff at Wal-Mart as well.  I'm not planning on buying anymore of this, but did take a look at the Batmobile.  I think they wanted like $30 for it though, no thanks.

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 6, 2005, 07:04 PM »
Is it the Tumbler? If so, it's mine. :-*

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline John C

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 16, 2005, 01:08 PM »
I found a 10 inch Hawkgirl today at Target.  It's the first JLU 10 incher I picked up and I'm pleased with her.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 27, 2005, 03:08 PM »
Honestly, I wish I wouldn't have bought the Scarecrow.

It just looks like a piece of crap once you get it off the card.

It doesn't look like a modern figure at all. It looks like something that was made in 1994, aesthetically.
The action feature spins his head around, for what, I don't yet know.
And there's a stupid water-squirting gun that will likely not work too well.

Just a couple of random thoughts after re-arranging some shelves/figures last week.  I should have heeded Ben's advice and passed on the Scarecrow figure.  Part of me thought that in the future years, if/when there was Joker, etc. movie figure, I'd regret not picking up the "bad guys" from the first movie.  So, I decided to pick up the Scarecrow.  For the sake of having each of Batman's movie villains, ok...he serves that purpose...but otherwise, echoing what Ben said earlier...this figure is all sorts of suck.  I don't mind the Batman figure I have, but I guess after picking up the Fantastic Four movie figures it just doubly makes me realize how Mattel's stuff really can't compare.  With them having the rights to two of the biggest superheroes (Superman and Batman), they really need to step it up.  I don't think I've seen collectors or kids even looking at these figures.  In fact, just glancing at the display when I'm out looking for Star Wars/Marvel stuff, I always seem to see plenty of all the figures..."bloody" Scarecrows and all.  Anyways, I guess I don't have anything else to add, I was just noticing the shortcomings of Mattel's product I guess.  They've had some good stuff throughout the years, but I really think it is time to step things up a bit in the action figure department.  After seeing the Batman Begins movie, I wanted to go out and get a Batmobile/tumbler, but I've held off for now just seeing some of the product they are putting out for this movie.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #79 on: June 27, 2005, 03:40 PM »
I should have saved the money for a Batmobile. I loathe that Scarecrow figure.
I found a Ra's al Ghul a bunch of times, and he looks like a terrible figure too. So I've passed on him. He looks like he's in a different scale than the rest of the line, and that's sad.

I haven't found Ducard yet, but I expect he's going to be a ****** figure too. This stuff looks worse than Kenner's work in the 90s for the Batman line, and it's inexcusable the supposed #1 toy company puts out **** like the BB line.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #80 on: June 27, 2005, 05:18 PM »
Has anyone found the Hot Wheels Batman Begins stuff? I'm looking for all four, and none of my local retail outlets are stocking them (or they sold out.)

I'm just curious if they're even out yet.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline John C

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 27, 2005, 05:57 PM »
I just found the cars last night at a Wal-Mart.  They weren't in the regular Hot Wheels aisle.  They were on one of those side of the endcap metal rack hangar things.  Too bad the figures are crap from the BB line.  Mattel is my least favorite toy company. 

Offline Spectre

• Jedi Initiate
  • Spirit Of Wrath
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: February 28, 2006, 06:29 PM »
Which Ducard figure is the "rare" variant? Green tunic or brown?
Looking for EXCELLENT 1/18 scale weapons? Check out Marauder, Inc.
www.marauderinc.com/servlet/StoreFront

1 Stop Shopping For all Your Customs Needs:
www.goodtogocustoms.com

Offline Victor_Von_Doom

• Jedi Initiate
  • Curse Richards
    • View Profile
    • Wampa's Cave
« Reply #83 on: March 1, 2006, 11:53 AM »
Which Ducard figure is the "rare" variant? Green tunic or brown?

The green version is the variant.
WTB Autographs and loose vintage, PM me!
"The Dude abides" - The Big Lebowski

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 6, 2010, 02:31 PM »
Figured I'd bump this since it looks like the Batman figure thread. Anyway, I heard from Famine a few months back that Mattel was creating a new 3.75 inch Batman the Animated Series line, and I got pumped. The original Batman TAS toyline from the 90's was awesome, and that along with the show got me into superheros. Earlier today I stumbled upon Wave 1 at EntertainmentEarth and I have to say I'm pretty disappointed. Looks like basic 5 point articulation, and in the case of the villains, not even staying true to the source material. I guess the wait for a decent 3.75 inch Batman line will continue.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #85 on: July 6, 2010, 02:56 PM »
I don't think that is the new rumored 3.75" line...   those appear to be the latest round of 5" scale figures sold at "the cheap stores".  I've seen all five of those at the Family Dollar near my house($4 each) and they are all over on ebay as well.  So, either the pic doesn't match the solicit or that solicit isn't for the new rumored 3.75" line...

Of course, I could be wrong.  And if I am, then I'll say that the decision to take those horrible Family Dollar repaint waves and turn them into 3.75" scale line is the worst Mattel decision ever... and that's saying something.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 6, 2010, 05:22 PM »
Yeah, I've seen all those at stores like Big Lots and such locally as well - and I hope Jeff is right and these aren't a new line.  I may have missed it or been out of the loop, is there a new TAS line rumored - or a new 3 3/4" Batman line?  If they did go back to TAS stuff, I'd be all over it (and maybe with a regular 3 3/4" line as well).  I've often thought about going back and picking up some of those on ebay anyways, love that show (and pretty much all of the DCAU stuff).

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #87 on: July 6, 2010, 05:39 PM »
There are all sorts of 3.75" rumors -
- rumors of a GL line to prep for the new movie
- rumors of a new Batman line (and rumors of what the source would be - comics, animated, brave and bold, from upcoming DVD movie, etc)
- rumors of a new DCIH: Blackest Night line to replace the current DCIH: CoIE line that has been running
- rumors of a all-new DCUC-like 3.75" line, etc

SDCC is supposed to offer clarity, but right now rumors are all over the place when it comes to the future of DC 3.75" stuff...  :-\
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: July 6, 2010, 05:51 PM »
The cheaper store idea does explain that lower price... Also sorry if my post caused any confusion, I don't really keep track of DC figure news. I do know that I'd kill for a decent Batman 3.75" line. Hopefully we get some answers at SDCC!
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: June 4, 2011, 08:38 PM »
The Fwoosh has some pics up of the first Series (carded) of the upcoming Batman Legacy series.  Although I don't collect for the packaging, I have to say that I think it looks sort of spiffy.  Plus, it seems about time that Batman has his own line (collector's line that is) at retail again, I hope it does well.  Hopefully it won't get too "wacky" like previous Bat-lines have, but we'll have to see.  I know that the Mr. Freeze is a day-glo repaint, but at least it has a basis.  The Batman and Joker look pretty nice though.