Author Topic: Mattel Batman  (Read 51513 times)

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
Re: Mattel Batman
« Reply #90 on: June 29, 2011, 10:08 AM »

Batman Legacy wave 2 - Batgirl, GA Bats with Bat-mite and the best one, Catman!

Grabbing all three but getting GA Bats just for the Bat-mite.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: July 5, 2011, 12:02 PM »
Really glad they're getting a Barbara Batgirl out there again in some capacity.  I've been looking for one for our daughter, and they are just so overpriced on ebay and elsewhere these days.  Not too bad of a lineup there, I'll likely pick up the wave as well.  I see that this line is only planned to go until the Dark Knight Returns is here (similar to Green Lantern Classics), and that is really too bad.  There is so much stuff, particularly villains-wise, they could get into in Batman instead of having to fill up so much of the DCUC waves with it - but maybe they want to spread that out.

I did get the Batman and Joker from Wave 1 via BBTS last week, and I thought both were pretty nicely done.  Although I don't keep any of that type of stuff carded, the packaging was kind of nice too.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #92 on: July 6, 2011, 05:19 PM »
I want Bat-Mite so i will probably pick him up and Catman.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: July 30, 2011, 08:28 PM »
Saw Wave 1 of the Legacy Batman figs at a local Wal-Mart today on an endcap with a bunch of other WM exclusive stuff (Young Justice figures). $16 each, and I don't really need to start collecting a new line at a different scale so I passed, but they did look nice.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: September 2, 2011, 09:00 PM »
I got Batman Legacy Wave 2 via BBTS today, and I was surprised that the GA Bats didn't include Bat Mite.  I thought he was supposed to be a pack-in, but my figure didn't have him.  Batgirl and Catman are cool figures though, and the Batman (although we all have several) is pretty well done too.  A little disappointed in the lack of Bat-Mite though.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #95 on: September 2, 2011, 10:10 PM »
Brian, I think the version of GA Batman with Bat-Mite is a K-Mart exclusive...
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #96 on: September 13, 2011, 07:53 PM »
Was driving today and saw a Kmart, figured I'd stop. Found Batman with Batmite and Catman  ;D
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: December 21, 2012, 01:30 PM »
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Qui-Gon Jim

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: December 21, 2012, 02:33 PM »
Reading that, I found out that Romero had a mustache, painted over...  NEVER noticed that before today.  Can't unsee now.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: December 21, 2012, 05:04 PM »
That's pretty cool news.  As silly as that show is, I have to admit that I watched the reruns after school all the time when I was a kid and loved them.  I would guess this means that a DVD release is around the corner as well, which has been held up for awhile.  Not sure if I'll pick up any of the figures or not, maybe Batman and Robin at least.  Having an Adam West Batman at least would be kind of neat.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: February 10, 2013, 10:48 AM »
I have to admit, part of me wants some of these toys from the Adam West Batman line that's coming up:

http://toynewsi.com/ig.php?mode=view&album=Mattel%2F60s_Batman&pic=00_Mattel_Adam_West_Batman.jpg&dispsize=600&start=0&sl=19932

At least a Batman and Robin.  I remember watching these after school growing up, even as goofy as it was.

EDIT:  Looking at some of the showroom pics at AFI.com, and it looks like Robin is only available in a 2 pack (with Batman) that appears to be packaged like they are climbing the side of a building like in the show.  That one may pull me in for at least that set.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2013, 04:23 PM by Brian »

Offline John C

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: February 14, 2013, 06:06 PM »
I want the Batmobile.  I wish they'd make one for the Batman Unlimited line

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: August 5, 2013, 02:35 PM »
I was just watching the video review for the '66 Batmobile over at TNI, and it sounds like it is made kind of cheaply, with one solid piece if lightweight plastic. It seems like it still looks pretty nice, but I think it is supposed to run around $50 at TRU.  I have the Batman/Robin 2 pack on the way this week, and had thought about getting the Batmobile (always wanted a 6" scaled one), but I'm not sure now.  Watched the 2 pack review as well, those look pretty good.  Not sure if I will get any others yet.