Author Topic: Clone Wave Wave 21 (Spring 2011 Wave 2)  (Read 14658 times)

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Clone Wave Wave 21 (Spring 2011 Wave 2)
« Reply #30 on: March 22, 2011, 05:23 PM »
got these today minus Anakin.  Wolfe has a little sloppy paint apps, and his helmet looks a little yellow too - gonna hold off on opening him for now in favor of a better one.  Ahsoka is pretty good too, though there was a little over spray on her cheeks to the white things on her head, making it look like she has chunky cheeks.  El Les, and the Droid look great.  

edit:  forgot to mention that these and SL figures were priced at $6.50, when did that happen?
« Last Edit: March 22, 2011, 07:01 PM by shmashwitdaclub »

Offline 501ST

• Jedi Initiate
  • Deus Ex Machina
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 27, 2011, 10:22 PM »
Got a Tunghori Wolffe and Ahsoka and just received an Anakin from an e-tailer.

The Anakin figure is no abomination - lol
A bank is a place that will lend you money if you can prove that you don't need it.

Bob Hope

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #32 on: April 9, 2011, 01:42 AM »
I picked up the Aqua Droid tonight...  This was probably the only wave I was heavily interested in for a while out of the Clone Wars line, between this and El Las.

Anyway, Aqua Droid...  It's really quite nice.  Tons of articulation, the feet "transform", and it's got a nice paintjob and sculpt.  All in all, quite nice.  It's been a bitch to find locally.  It's the only figure from this wave I haven't now seen multiple times over...  Ahsoka was a little tricky at first too but I now am seeing her pegwarm slightly.

But the AD, it's non-existant.  I've got to get someone one, and then I'm hoping to pick up maybe 5 total for myself as time goes on...  i'll live if this is the only one I wind up with, but it's a good figure.  Heard people complain on his standing, but so far I've not seen any reason that will be an issue.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 10, 2011, 03:07 AM »
But the AD, it's non-existant.  I've got to get someone one, and then I'm hoping to pick up maybe 5 total for myself as time goes on...  i'll live if this is the only one I wind up with, but it's a good figure.  Heard people complain on his standing, but so far I've not seen any reason that will be an issue.

I've had the same experience locally - the AD was really only available that first day when those trays hit our local WalMarts - once they were snatched up, the AquaDroids were all gone and they haven't been restocked since.

So far I have my MOC one and three open. I have the same attitude as Jesse - I'd love to eventually have six open, but if I'm limited to just these three I'll live.

I'm kinda hoping at this point that the AquaDroid will find its way into some future Clone Wars waves. I was pretty disappointed of course, when the 2011 Wave 3 case was revealed and once again the all-white ARF Trooper is in there (as well as Cody and Rex for the umpteenth time) and the only 2011 Wave 2 figure carried forward into this wave is the new Anakin. That's fine I suppose, but really - did we need another case with Hevy in it? It's not like you can army build that figure. Sure some customizers might want to make the entire squad, but for most folks that's a one-and-out figure.

Seriously though - did we need ANOTHER case with the ARF Trooper?  ::)

Here's hoping the 2011 Wave 4 case assortment includes the Aqua Droid.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #34 on: April 10, 2011, 05:17 AM »
Funny thing for me about those endcap trays WM got...  I've seen them at 4 WM's now, and they were always picked through.  I found them with every figure BUT the Aqua Droid. :)  Ahsoka seems to be the only other one in any demand then, with Wolfe 3rd.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 11, 2011, 02:37 PM »
Aqua Droid and Magna Guards were scene in the Season 4 preview, so it's a safe bet that Hasbro will ignore that and keep shipping ARFS.  :P

Funny thing, their main character reshipping policy makes sense, but there's a Target near me with a solid peg of the new Obi-Wan, the new, second-half of season 3 version. (But no other newer figure from recent cases...maybe one Cade Bane with Todo).

Offline 77Skywalker

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 4, 2011, 09:59 PM »
I just picked up Anakin tonight at my local Toys R Us