Collectibles > Collect All 92!

Lando Calrissian (Skiff Guard Disguise)

<< < (2/3) > >>

Scockery:
The vintage had a better helmet, or better fitting one, than the POTF2 one.

Never got the Saga version.

Lando's role in Han's rescue was a let down. Struggles with one guard and nearly falls in the sarlacc, to be saved by blind Han Solo. Redemption reasons aside, Lando almost might as well have not been there at all.

Brian:
Same as others have already posted, but this was one of my favorite figures as a kid as well.  Although I did have the ESB "smilin" Lando version as well, this one seemed to be my go to Lando more often than not.  Like Jesse mentioned, I just thought the removable helmet was so cool back then, and the figure itself was pretty well done.  Definitely one of my vinty favorites.

As for the modern one, it really is a nice figure and still holds up reasonably well today.  I wouldn't mind seeing an upgrade, just with the improvements in articulation we've seen lately, but honestly the sculpt and everything holds up pretty well otherwise.  I do hope we see a new version at some point though, because it seems like the type of figure Hasbro could really "ultimate" up on.

Matt_Fury:

--- Quote from: scockery on March 23, 2011, 08:46 AM ---Lando's role in Han's rescue was a let down. Struggles with one guard and nearly falls in the sarlacc, to be saved by blind Han Solo. Redemption reasons aside, Lando almost might as well have not been there at all.

--- End quote ---

I always thought Lando went in first to do recon.  He was also trying to get Leia out before Jabba got all hot n bothered.

EpicGon:
vinty Skiff Lando has a very nice silver paintjob for shoulder plates, in saga version these parts seem to fade out.
But I recognize the improvement in helmet design, more coloured.

Potf2 was more muscular than saga version, but depicted a better paintjob on armor and belts.

Scott:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version