Author Topic: What Would Be "The End" For You?  (Read 2158 times)

Offline Master_Phruby

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
Re: What Would Be "The End" For You?
« Reply #30 on: April 26, 2011, 02:36 PM »
It's definately perceived value. The legends and CW come with stuff while the vintage is just the figure and a dollar or two more. All I see around my stores is sandtroopers and clone troopers that I have before. I don't see them any different from the legends version except on a card I don't care about. I can get both of these figure x5 from our favorite ebay seller for the price of one in retail.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 26, 2011, 03:58 PM »
I've been done since w4/w5/w6 hit a few months back with the exception of the Jedi Turbo Taxi (I'm a sucker for vehicles)  Just bought my first home and finally unloaded my storage unit after 6 years and frankly I'm disgusted by all of the stuff I have so I plan on dumping 80-90% of my SW collection in the coming months to have a somewhat manageable collection to go along side with my TF/Joe stuff. 

Its been very easy to collect all these years by just throwing everything into storage thinking I'd have room for everything someday, but that's not the case now that this is reality.  Not to mention I've been getting burnt out on this hobby as of the past couple years - oh and the price hike made this decision much easier to swallow.

It was fun while it lasted though...   :)
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #32 on: April 27, 2011, 10:23 PM »
I'll tell you what would be the "end" for me...not finding anything again.  Nothing at all.  I was in Las Vegas for a week on business, and I had plenty of driving around to do.  I stopped at every Target, TRU and Wal-mart I saw.  At least 2-3 a day, many in the morning. Nothing new at all.

As it is now, I have 1 wave 5 figure, 1 wave 4 figure, and the Sith Yoda.  That's all I've seen since early Dec when I complted wave 3.

This is almost as bad as spring 2002...at least this time the figures we're waiting on don't suck.
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Master_Phruby

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 28, 2011, 09:24 AM »
Just too many sand and clone troopers. Too bad they are too expensive to army build.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline darth broem 2

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 29, 2011, 12:21 AM »
Well I'm off work tomorrow.  I may go on a toy run to about 4 stores.  I'll be pissed off if I find nothing...again.  At this point I'd take an R5-D4.  Anything from wave 5 or more.  I may just resort to focusing on some Clone Wars figures.  They always seem to rotate those figures pretty well.