Author Topic: The Clone Wars - Season Four Discussion Thread  (Read 106970 times)

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: The Clone Wars - Season Four Discussion Thread
« Reply #15 on: April 4, 2011, 11:49 AM »
Mon Calamari battle revisisted. They made the old Scuba Clones obsolete, too.

Adi Gallia is back, maybe to die?

Phase 2 helmets don't seem as off movie model as animated phase 1 helmets were. And the belts are movie style now, too, at least in some shots.

Various clones
Deluxe Fisto with aqua jet thingie.
Scuba-Clone
Ackbar
Quarren
Scuba Ahsoka
Jettster Jedi

And if Hasbro doesn't reissue the Clone Wars Magna Guard after seeing that trailer, they have no souls.

Offline 501ST

• Jedi Initiate
  • Deus Ex Machina
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 4, 2011, 11:53 AM »
I also caught a sleeker Republic fighter like an ARC-170/Z95/Xwing cross.

Stills from the trailer:

A bank is a place that will lend you money if you can prove that you don't need it.

Bob Hope

Offline Adrian

• Jedi Initiate
  • Follow me you will
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 4, 2011, 01:09 PM »
 ;D awesome stuff, cant wait

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2011, 01:55 AM »
Incase you missed it on the front page earlier, the Official Site put up a nice extended Season 4 Preview Video...  You really need to check it out.

http://www.starwars.com/video/view/001261.html
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2011, 11:25 AM »
Unbelievable...this is the best one yet. Although it kind of sickens me that Filoni is treading all over the Tartakovsky rendition of that battle. Sorry Dave, he did it better. He did EVERYTHING better.

That aside though, pure awesomeness. Someone please confirm that those were the sticky Felucian things I saw talking to C-3PO...I love how bizarre and un-Star Warsy those things are.

They gotta make that Matrix-esque tunneling droid ship too. 
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2011, 04:07 PM »
Is he trashing the 2-D toon, or will they fit together?

I always saw the 2-D toon as perhaps coming from the onset of the war...  As the war opens, small civil wars that were just simmering begin to boil over, and they inevitably take sides in the greater conflict...  I can see these as being two separate battles then.  Seps driven out once, but decide to open up that front again later in the war, for one strategic reason or another.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 17, 2011, 09:04 AM »
Maybe. it is my recollection that the Mon Calamari were fighting the Quarren, not the Separatists per se.

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 17, 2011, 02:00 PM »
To be honest I was kind of expecting more from the new trailer, but I'd gander that Filoni's waiting to show more at SDCC. I wonder if this season will have a central theme.

I'm starting to wonder if Filoni is trying to re-do many previously done battles. He did it with Kamino in Season 3 (that battle had previously shown up in a comic) and he's doing it again with Mon Calamari. By the looks of Ahoska's presence in the battle, it makes sense that he's trying to slip her into previously established lore so that it doesn't look like she's been absent in more than half the stuff created before she was.
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 17, 2011, 07:43 PM »
Tartakovsky's stuff isn't "canon" and TCW is, or that's the perception. I fully expect the series to end (?) with a redo of the Battle of Coruscant that won't be the exact same take as Tartakovsky's.

I noticed Padme at the Mon Calamari battle. Ummm...yeah, whatever. Ms. Aggressive Negotiations sure likes the action. Also, another Padme outfit that'll never be made into a toy.  ;)

I liked the line "Great, it's gonna be another one of those planets." Self-mockery of the frequent, irritatingly cutesy aspects of Star Wars, or maybe it was edited to seem that way.

In that vein, seeing Grievous get beat by Gungans will be amusing, if only because Grievous is an overrated menace who was haphazardly thrown into ROTS for what had to be at least 50% marketing/lincensing reasons (basically Old Man Dooku wasn't a sellable fun character).
« Last Edit: June 20, 2011, 06:02 PM by scockery »

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #24 on: June 18, 2011, 12:12 AM »
Maybe. it is my recollection that the Mon Calamari were fighting the Quarren, not the Separatists per se.

The Quarren Isolationist League (or whatever the f it is) are Separatists...  In the 2-D toon, they've got the support of the Seppies, including battledroids on freaky skiffs, and the big lobster cannon thing.

Basically, like I said, I'm kinda looking at them as possibly two separate offensives in the war...  One early in the war, the other later, in an attempt to grasp a strategic planet...  Mon Cal's always described as such throughout the saga, so I like that idea...  For me, a lot of it will depend on what the Clones ultimately look like.  If they've got a more ROTS look than the AOTC look of the 2-D aquatic Clones, I think that'll lend some credence to that...  Or it could be a reimagining.

Either way though, there's lots of room to cram the two together as not cancelling one another out...  Maybe one is the offensive in one area, the other is an offensive in another part of the planet.  Perhaps different points in the war all together as I was theorizing.  Also could be they're two offensives in rapid succession...  There's a ton of "It could be...." type scenarios.  I loved the 2-D incarnation, but I'm open to what the 3-D toon is going to deliver.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 21, 2011, 09:42 AM »
Katee Sackhoff as a female Mando?

Oh, hell yes.  8)

I expect Hasbro will probably have to violate their own "He Man Woman Hater's Club" mentality and actually make a figure of her too. The horrors!

I hate that they are bringing that idiotic kid Lux back though. "Hey, I don't want to be a Separatist anymore so I will run away and join a terrorist group that is backed by those same Separatists." Brilliant.

Hopefully they will just kill him off outright. Jedis don't need love interests.

Offline TheSon

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 21, 2011, 06:42 PM »
With the Mando armor there will not be cleavage. That should be enough for one to be bought out of the back room at Target before it ever makes it to a peg, and then is never re ordered in favor of 24 arf troopers that were shipped from a warehouse overstock. Maybe she will shoot Lux and save us the trouble of finding him in a store as wel.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 21, 2011, 09:14 PM »
Followed the live blog of the Clone Wars TV presentation that just wrapped. Not a whole lot of interest there.

Some tidbits for the upcoming season:

Boba and Bossk will be back, along with Dengar.

Confirmed "Captain Ackbar" will be making an appearance, along with some kind of shark-Separatist villain.

Talked about some 4 armed Jedi General, Krell (sp?) Adi Gallia will be back too.

Said Pre and the Death  Watch will be back, confirmed Katee's appearance, did not deny Lux would be a possible love interest for Ahsoka.  ::)

Also confirmed Nightsisters and Savage will be back, along with Asajj.

Filoni has written 8 different possible endings for Ahsoka, ultimate decision will come down from St George.

No new trailer shown.  :(

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 21, 2011, 10:53 PM »
Female Mando, Dengar and anthropromorphic shark man. Seems like the show has more recurring baddies than it can use, actually. Especially when 3 episode long arcs eat away at the 22 episode seasons.

Though, I doubt shark dude will be recurring.

Dengar...there's a make or break character. Will they make him, the least cool of the classic six ESB hunters, more appealling...or will we see some teen Dengar loser?

Lux Interiour as a Ahsoka's love interest. A dead rocker? Wrong guy.  ;)

It's better they don't reveal too much. Because we get these previews and wait 6 months for some episodes to air, having been partially spoiled already. What should be new is old news.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #29 on: July 21, 2011, 11:10 PM »
I hope they premiere the shark guy on Shark Week.  It's coming up.

Matt would want it that way.  :'(