Author Topic: The Clone Wars - Season Four Discussion Thread  (Read 106947 times)

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
Re: The Clone Wars - Season Four Discussion Thread
« Reply #165 on: November 18, 2011, 08:45 PM »
WAXER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :o

Damn, war IS hell. What will Boil do now?!?!

Was kinda hoping to see Anakin ride in on his white horse and have an epic throwdown with Krell, but I guess it was all about the clones in this arc, really.

I love how like 50 clones were shooting directly at Krell from like 5 feet away and could not even graze him but in ROTS they have no problem shooting down all the Jedi with deadly accuracy using fewer guys from farther away. I guess their aim got better.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: November 18, 2011, 08:49 PM »
At the end of the Umbara story arc I can't say that I'm surprised about Krell's turn.  Last week's shot of him with the flames reflected in his eyes was a big bit of foreshadowing.  I was a little surprised by just how much he explained in the final scene.  But that may be because of the nature of the show.  Some things need to be explained to the potential wide ranging audience.

I'll also admit that I'm surprised to see that the opportunity wasn't taken for Anakin to play the hero.  But given the way things turned out, it seems that the Clones had to handle this on their own.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: November 18, 2011, 10:37 PM »
I thought it was cool that he had the clones fighting each other, playing both sides. I guess I was kind of right about him working both sides, too. But my big thing is that the clones trap him in the command tower and start to move in on him. Big mistake.

Offline Greedo The Green Menace

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: November 19, 2011, 12:52 AM »
This was a phenomenal series of episodes and the ending did not disappoint me. Did anyone else get goosebumps  with Krells "it's treason then" line? Nice throwback to ol Palps. I was very pleased that Krell wasn't some double agent or something, just a horribly arrogant and disillusioned jedi who wanted to change sides. I also think that Krell surviving well makes sense in the context of order 66. He saw them coming after all, he was on the defensive, while the Jedi in ROTS had no reason to suspect that the clones would start shooting them at any given time, especially in the middle of a battle. I suspect they would not have gone down so easily if they hadn't been surprised.

Great set of eps though, I love the clones, clone centric eps rarely disappoint. They managed to take these faceless armored guys from the prequels and make each one unique in their own way, they have a lot of depth for being "identical" and it's great. It just further makes me want this show to eventually do an order 66 episode. See whats going through their minds while their blowing away their former comrades, wee them wrestle with it. My only let down was the sort of abrupt ending, it would have been nice to have the jedi discussing what the hell went wrong with this guy and how they didn't notice that this guy was such a maniac. But other than that, great. A+
« Last Edit: November 19, 2011, 12:55 AM by Greedo The Green Menace »

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: November 19, 2011, 11:36 AM »
 This was a very A+ episode, I think it's hands-down the best episode of the series yet.

I agree with Greedo above, I was pleased he wasn't a double agent, but another Jedi who's gone wrong... usually we see the baddies as they are (Asajj, Dooku), but we don't see the point in which they go wrong.

I love the ROTS references in this episode.
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: November 19, 2011, 12:26 PM »
Plus, Krell showed off the arrogance that Yoda refers to. He never once thought that one of the clones would execute him. And I was worried that, despite being manacled, he'd force grab the blaster from the clones and escape.

Offline Greedo The Green Menace

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: November 19, 2011, 12:43 PM »
Yeah, I was actually really shocked when the shot was fired, kind of did a double take there. I didn't think they'd do it either.

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #172 on: November 19, 2011, 02:13 PM »
I agree, it's been the best run the show has had.  I was pleased with the direction they took with Krell also.  I'm glad he wasn't already a double agent or a lackey of Sidious as it would have stretched credibility - though one wonders how nice and easy it was that Palpatine pulled Anakin for Krell in this particular situation. 

Most interesting is the place they have put Rex in.  He seems to now be in a place where he will question the Order 66; my takeaway from last night isn't that he and the clones now have at least the concept of killing a Jedi/superior, but that Rex will not be able to when it comes down to it.  At least that's my hope.  It presents a lot of dramatic potential between him and Anakin and Ahsoka.

Let's hope Krell is one of those 19 figures next year.

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: November 19, 2011, 06:20 PM »
Why the heck didn't they stun Krell immediately.  You can stun first and ask questions later! A lot of clone died taking him down.

The odd thing was the remaining Umbarrans heading to the airbase, yet, at the end...it was like they never came, so the execution seemed unneeded (but deserved).

Krell acted like he hadn't officially hooked up with the Sith, but there's that matter of him being put in command...so Sidious must've been aware of Krell's leanings.

Good arc, arguably an episode too long. Arguably. I mean, really, the Mon Cal arc seemed longer and it was 3 episodes.

One thing, they keep killing off antagonists in their debuts. In some cases that's good, in some others...untapped potential wasted.

Offline Matt R.

• Jedi Padawan
  • I got nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: November 19, 2011, 06:34 PM »
This was favorite arc of the entire CW.  Shame Waxer had to go out way he did.  I am convinced that Rex will refuse Order 66.

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: November 19, 2011, 06:44 PM »
The odd thing was the remaining Umbarrans heading to the airbase, yet, at the end...it was like they never came, so the execution seemed unneeded (but deserved).

I think Krell was using the Umbarrans 'imminent attack with large forces' as plotting fear in the clones' minds. Trying to make the situation dire and that he'd end up being free. In some ways, it reminded me of the Jedi Mind Trick. Clones have to be weak-minded since Stormtroopers are ("these aren't the droids you're looking for.")

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: November 19, 2011, 09:02 PM »
This was probably the best CW toon I've seen to date.  I could actually feel the clones going through their emotions....Even the ones with helmets on with the various ways they were nodding their heads.

Oh and Krell is Panthro on Thundercats, no?  Sure sounds like him and I really dig that show - never a fan when I was a kid though, but this is a good toon as well.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #177 on: November 20, 2011, 11:55 AM »
Krell annoyed me.  At first he was very un-jedi like with his way of sacrificing the clones...but I could overlook it.

I'm still not sure how he gave orders to the 212th for his little get the clones to kill eachother..it can be explained away easy enough,but it just didn't seem right to me.

Then the whole "I want to be a sith" revelation seemed pretty weak.

I know a lot of you liked the arc, and it did have some good points, but the show is just not quite there yet IMO.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #178 on: November 20, 2011, 01:02 PM »
Good little story arc...

It had lots of warring/death/fighting, and with Clones.  That's nice considering the friggin' series name.

It had a nice sentient Separatist military, something kind of glossed over otherwise.

It had a pretty involved storyline showing Jedi are clearly flawed, and some are turning on their order for one reason or another.

It showed Clones are flawed, from either point of view you may have, and leaves you wondering about the fate of some, possibly because they're too thoughtful or the war's long toll on them has made them at least a little too independant.  On the other hand, they prove they can all turn on their commander relatively easily if they feel threatened.

I want a Clone Mortar but don't expect we'll get it.

It proved AT-RT's are the Ugo of Star Wars.

My only gripe is we don't see anything from Obi's perspective and that would've been cool to watch too since they took the capital.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline TheSon

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: November 20, 2011, 05:58 PM »
Since they are not following a ordered timeline in the series it is possible for them to add in an arc of obi an his clones taking the capital. I would be all in on that. Now, will Krell be a figure or not? He looks costly to manufacture, unlike Piel who was much cheeper. (both one arc and dead). I hope that's not how they decide. I would love to have that figure.