Author Topic: The Clone Wars - Season Four Discussion Thread  (Read 106960 times)

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
Re: The Clone Wars - Season Four Discussion Thread
« Reply #90 on: October 10, 2011, 07:07 PM »
Some ok elements, but kind of dumb.

LIked Wolfe's duds though.  He'd make a slick new Clone.

For sure. A simple helmet swap and recolor of the existing figure's deco would be a pretty easy double-dip for Hasbro.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2011, 07:08 PM by Jayson »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: October 10, 2011, 09:07 PM »
I liked this episode pretty well, and I can't say that I've thought any of this season's episodes have been bad or anything, but I do have a hard time getting too jazzed about them anymore.  I still like the show and everything, but I can't say that there have been a lot of episodes lately that were "man, that was awesome" type of shows.  It is nice having weekly Star Wars though.  I know they had originally planned 5 seasons, but since it has been successful there may be more, but I hope they don't hang on too long either.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: October 10, 2011, 10:37 PM »
I think what's lacking in the series is any kind of emotional investment from the audience.  We know where the main characters have come from, and we know where most of them are going.  Anakin, Obi-Wan, Padme, Yoda, Dooku, etc all have to hang in there in order to maintain the continuity that brings the characters to Episode III. 

The only key characters who could face that kind of jeopardy are Ahsoka, Rex, Asajj Ventress and Savage Opress.  We saw something like that with Captain Tarpals a couple of weeks ago.  But until someone like Ashoka or Rex starts getting killed, I think the series is going to be lacking in drama.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #93 on: October 10, 2011, 10:50 PM »
To me, the formula's simple...  Warrin' and whorin' but never borrin'.  Landing at Point Rain is, for me, the benchmark that they've never really reached with anything since.  Close at times, but not quite.  It's a massive galactic war, and they avoid it too much. 

I want to see Clones...  at war... 

And since Star Wars is in the title, I'd like to see more of this take place in space too. 

Starfighters, **** blowing up, Clones dying, Clones killing droids, Clones going crazy with their skills, Seppie leaders destroying Clones (Playing up the "heroes on both sides" thing is always fun to see when the heroes are the seppie leaders), planets being devastated by the war.

3PO/R2 in an Alice in Wonderland type thing, meh...
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: October 12, 2011, 09:29 AM »
Saw this on EW today:

Darth Maul Returns Spring 2012
« Last Edit: October 12, 2011, 09:29 AM by Brian »

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: October 12, 2011, 11:26 AM »
If only they can get Peter Serafinowicz to voice him again.  His one funny bastard!
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #96 on: October 12, 2011, 11:29 AM »
Hmm...  so Savage is searching for Maul... and Maul is ending up on the CW 2012 packaging.  Anyone else think that's pretty much a guarantee that Savage is going to be finding Darth Maul in Season 4 of the animated series?  Or an animated series Maul finding his way into the line?  :D

Can I say "I told you so" now?  :P
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: October 12, 2011, 12:02 PM »
A good old fashioned Marvel Universe style resurrection makes it's way to Star Wars!
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: October 12, 2011, 12:07 PM »
So putting Vader in a black suit is how Palpy cheated death?  I don't buy that, but whatever.  Hope Maul's reintroduction doesn't suck as bad as this season has been so far.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #99 on: October 12, 2011, 01:07 PM »
I had always took that line that way...Palpy cheated Anakin's death by keeping him alive with the Dark Side...there is no way he survives otherwise

Which begs the question...why didn't he just off himself?  What did he have to live for other than pure hate of killing any remaining Jedi

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: October 12, 2011, 04:59 PM »
I think Anakin explained that to Padme. He wanted to reinvent the Republic so it wasn't so corrupt. It would be lead by a wise ruler.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #101 on: October 12, 2011, 05:06 PM »
I kind of figured that too...  Remember Palps coming up to Ani and touching him for some reason?  I always figured he was doing something all Sithy with him.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: October 12, 2011, 06:10 PM »
I blame the EU for all of this. (It started with the Emperor coming back in Dark Empire...NO ONE REMIND LUCAS OF THAT...)

All we need is for a post ROTS resurrection of Grievous and we can right off anything that Obi-Wan ever did. Failed to Maul, failed to kill Anakin, failed to stop Luke from getting maimed by Vader, EVEN IN DEATH YOU FAIL, KENOBI.  (Or at least, from a certain point of  view).

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: October 12, 2011, 09:37 PM »
Found this - http://www.usatoday.com/life/comics/story/2011-10-11/darth-maul-returns/50736578/1 - on Scum, too... sorry for the untidy appearance of the link, I'm still trying to figure out how to properly post links on these new forums.

AAAH, HE'S BACK!! ;D I know there's that risk that his backstory will be totally effed-up, but I, for one, am totally excited!

Based on the picture, I'm guessing Filoni used Maul's appearance in the 'Visionaries' comic where he's a cyborg as the basis for the character model.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2011, 09:39 PM by Jabba the Slug »
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #104 on: October 12, 2011, 09:41 PM »
I had always took that line that way...Palpy cheated Anakin's death by keeping him alive with the Dark Side...there is no way he survives otherwise

Which begs the question...why didn't he just off himself?  What did he have to live for other than pure hate of killing any remaining Jedi

Isn't the cheating death ("a power only one has achieved") line a reference to Qui-Gon communicating to Yoda through the Force?
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird