Author Topic: The Clone Wars - Season Four Discussion Thread  (Read 106944 times)

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: The Clone Wars - Season Four Discussion Thread
« Reply #300 on: February 26, 2012, 04:39 AM »
Was Talzin dead/dying or did she turn to gas and survive completely. I wasn't sure.

Next week, back to bounty hunters and boy, does the Republic have a revolving door prison system.

Nope, she survived.

I agree with you on the second part. It's starting to get old, seeing all these key bounty hunters escape all the time.
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: February 26, 2012, 07:38 PM »
I might be wrong...the next episode could take place before the Rako Hardeen 4-parter. But I was under the impression it's been straight continuity since the middle of season 3.

Offline TheSon

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: February 26, 2012, 08:43 PM »
I need to watch the teaser again, because the only bounty hunter I saw from previous episodes was Bossk. One character kind of looked like Hardeen, but I thought the color was different. It looked like a ton of new characters that will wallow in my wish list for years.

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: February 27, 2012, 07:34 AM »
Embo's there at the beginning.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #304 on: February 29, 2012, 01:23 PM »
Who are they bringing back for Season 5?  Han Solo and Baby Boba Fett?  Yoda's parents?  Dengar, Zuckuss and 4-LOM?  99?

Looks like a couple of those guys you listed don't have to wait for Season 5:P
« Last Edit: February 29, 2012, 01:27 PM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #305 on: February 29, 2012, 01:47 PM »
I like how 20 years later, Dengar hasn't really seemed to age despite some scarring.  He's like the old guy that still goes to nightclubs.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: March 2, 2012, 09:01 AM »
Simon Pegg as Dengar? Nerdgasm!

There was a time when you could bet your bottom dollar this would be a sure fire action figure choice for the line.

Now, I honestly doubt we'll ever see this. By the time they find an open slot for another figure this season will be over a year old.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: March 2, 2012, 01:16 PM »
This Asajj storyline really does seem to fly in the face of what had been established in the Dark Horse comics REPUBLIC title.  But I guess the CW animated series will serve as the new canon for Asajj.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: March 2, 2012, 11:32 PM »
We see Boba get his butt humiliated at a young age. Him and those pale skinned bald women....(Yes, Aurra isn't entirely bald).

Bossk threatening to turn Ventress over to the authorities...like she couldn't gut him and the chick hunter within 2 seconds.

Strange aliens who contracted the hunters, a bit trite, really...seemingly chosen for their repulsiveness compared to the more human looking ninja folks.

It was an okay episode. For some reason I expected these past two episodes to tie into the Maul ones.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: March 2, 2012, 11:39 PM »
So I think they've found their winning formula: no Jedi + no Clones = awesomeness  :D

Seriously, where was this kind of quality last year? This season has been really strong, all the more frustrating given the state of the toy line. Tonight was no exception, great story, great characters, and a goldmine of potential toy fodder. (Cantina aliens? bounty hunters? Asajj and Boba in new outfits? Duh!)

I loved the robot and the crazy alien chick. How cool would that grappling feature be in an action figure? Dengar was good as expected. The marauders were all pretty awesome too, like Star Wars ninjas. Just all around good stuff.

Was that Asajj riding off into the sunset at the end there? Have we seen the last of her? After the past few episodes I hope not.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: March 3, 2012, 12:27 PM »
The marauders definitely had a ninja thing going on.  And when the helmets came off the lead marauder reminded me of a character from Hellboy - The Golden Army, and interestingly enough those characters were also subterranean.

I think the Cantina scene was cool but not overdone.  But just how many things of note have gone down at Chalmuns over the years?  Didn't we see something there with Baron Papanoida in there from last season?

The character examination of Asajj was subtle but worthwhile.  It showed some depth to her and her motivations.  Now she seems prepared to move on.  That seemed to be how things wound up in the REPUBLIC comic series, but via different means.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #311 on: March 3, 2012, 02:05 PM »
Really like this and I agree, any time we focus on Assajj or anyone really besides the main characters, it wins.  The Assaj story throughout has been very good.  Look forward to her coming back to the light side.

Offline Greedo The Green Menace

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: March 3, 2012, 03:56 PM »
I agree that these episodes that stay away from the Jedi and Clones are quite stellar. The best thing about an episode like this is the shades of grey, neither side is particularly good. I think they have a winning formula here though, episodes involving characters whose fates are unknown are largely more interesting than ones involving Mr I end up a Sith Lord. It was fun seeing the bounty hunters together working as a team, and I dig the new designs. Hasbro should lay off the Jedi and Clones and droids for a while and do up more bounty hunters. Animated, realistic, I don't care, just get some of these guys out there in some form or another.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: March 7, 2012, 03:34 PM »
That seemed to be how things wound up in the REPUBLIC comic series, but via different means.

Well - unfortunately, the REPUBLIC comic books at this point are completely out the window. I think we're supposed to even forget that Durge even existed at this point - and his story was integral to the storying you're referring to that also gave Asajj a "off into the sunset" type exit...

Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: March 9, 2012, 08:37 PM »
Wow. They totally ripped-off the movie Soldier.

Sucked to be the freighter guy. His ship seemed a bit more ALIEN universe like than Star Wars.

Planet was a hellacious place complete with dragons and a serpent.

Maul was Gollum and Shelob rolled into one. Dooku's something "sinister is rising" reminded me of Saruman's "a new power is arising" from The Two Towers.

Lots of good and bad players appeared, so I wonder what role they'll play, if any, in part 2.