Author Topic: The Clone Wars - Season Four Discussion Thread  (Read 106983 times)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: The Clone Wars - Season Four Discussion Thread
« Reply #345 on: March 22, 2012, 12:03 PM »
A pretty nice interview with Dave Filoni is up over at IGN:

http://tv.ign.com/articles/122/1221285p1.html

He goes over the past season, and offers a few teases for Season 5.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: March 22, 2012, 10:36 PM »
That's a pretty exhaustive interview.  It definitely covered all of season 4, and Filoni didn't really duck anything.  I think we all expected the big reveals to come at Celebration 6, and he pretty much confirmed that.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: March 23, 2012, 08:50 PM »
We once again discover most of the far out ideas, for better or worse, were from  Lucas.

I'd forgot Hondo Ohnaka  existed...so many characters on the show.

Offline darth broem 2

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: March 24, 2012, 01:32 AM »
I actually liked the last 2 episodes myself.  Actually the past 4 or 5.  I was getting a bit bored there until they started hyping up Maul's return.  I know it's the Clone Wars but I got a bit tired of the clones, clones, clones, and quit watching this show for quite awhile.  I liked the break from the clones to.  I don't mind a bad character like Asajj turning good for once either.  I hope the show sticks around at least 2 more season.  Then they can get that live-action TV series going hopefully sooner rather than later.  But with Lucas at the helm it will probably be 10 more years at least.   

Offline TheSon

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: March 24, 2012, 08:11 AM »
From the way Filoni was talking, it does not sound like season 5 will be the final season. He seems to have some very broad ideas that he want's to pursue. It seems he knows what will happen to Rex and Ahsoka. I would think if season five was it, he would be pimping the tie ins more.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #350 on: March 24, 2012, 07:11 PM »
Could the show go into the time of ROTS, and beyond it?  Think it could handle that?
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #351 on: March 24, 2012, 10:08 PM »
I say go for it...bring in Vader and how Clones either turn into or are phased out by Stormtroopers

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #352 on: March 25, 2012, 01:51 AM »
Exactly what I was thinking Scott...  It's still, sort of, The Clone Wars even though the wars end...  The Clones just now shift from killing separatists, to subjucating worlds that have gotten caught up in the war on either side, and/or aided Jedi during Order 66 ala the Wookiees...

A cartoon about Vader, and post-Order 66 survivors?  I could handle that.  The budding rebellion and all...

Maybe stepping on the toes of the live-action show some, but why not try incorporating the two a little bit?  Maybe set up the live-action show some?
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Jimree

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: March 28, 2012, 04:30 AM »
It would be pretty interesting to move the show forward in time like that.
IF they did something like that, I hope it wouldn't be a "vader hunting down jedi of the week" type of thing
Could show vader spiraling downwards into darkness learning to cope with his suit, sort of like the book that was set right after ROTS. and more evil Palpatine.

Could be interesting
Member of PA Star Wars Collecting Society
Twitter - @Jawa_Jim
Instagram - Jawa_Jim

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: March 28, 2012, 08:46 PM »
I think that they would go into some ROTS-related territoy, I agree that the galaxy was still in the Clone Wars phase even after Palpatine declared the Republic the new Empire.

If Filoni was going to go into the ROTS timeline, and the season ended there, I wouldn't be surprised if a tie-in announcement was made regarding the live-action show.
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: April 2, 2012, 08:57 PM »
This isn't Season 4 specific necessarily, but I find it surprising (or telling) that since the finale aired, CW hasn't been on the air since.  I know it has only been a couple weeks, and I'm sure it is on its way back, but it seems so different than in the 1st (and even 2nd) seasons where they were playing it a replaying it several times a week.  With the backlog of episodes built up now, I'm surprised they don't play it on weekdays or something (like they do Ben 10 and some of their other shows).  It really does make you wonder if it is a drop in interest, or maybe just a period of trying out some new things.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: October 24, 2012, 02:57 PM »
JUSt FYI for anyone looking to pick up the newly released Season 4 set on blu-ray..I did some quick comparative shopping and noted the following:

Target: $49.99

Walmart: $39.99

Best Buy: $34.99

No extras, bonuses or any difference between the releases that I could see...I guess those frills have gone the way of the super articulated Clone Wars action figures.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #357 on: October 24, 2012, 07:48 PM »
Wow, Target's a rip on this one.  Best Buy you can get reward points I guess and enjoy the notion of not going into Wal-Mart.  :D

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: October 25, 2012, 02:58 PM »
Target and WalMart in my area both have the Season 4 set marked down to match the BestBuy price.

The shelf tag at Target says $49.99 but there's a "this week's sale" sticker in front of it and while WalMart had $39.96 on their shelf tag, it rang up for $34.96 when I went to check out.

So I think they are all about the same this week.

(for what it's worth).

But to echo what McMetal said - the Season 1 and 2 BluRay sets were MUCH NICER than the Season 3 or 4 ones. When people question where people get the idea that the Clone Wars is on its way out, it's things like that and time-slot moving that, to me at least, stink of the show winding down....

Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: January 15, 2013, 09:43 PM »
I got the Blu-Ray for Christmas again this year and finally finished it last week. Not bad, much better than Season 3, but you can tell the writers/producers don't care as much anymore as they did back in Seasons 1 and 2.

Maul storyline was super lame, as expected, but I liked the Asajj "loner" aspect. The Obi-Wan Assassination storyline had some good parts too but could have been better. Liked the Pong Krell arc. And honestly that's pretty much all I remember. Gonna rewatch the entire series from scratch soon though.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks