Author Topic: New JD Review: Vintage Wave 7 Rebel Fleet Trooper  (Read 5469 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
New JD Review: Vintage Wave 7 Rebel Fleet Trooper
« on: April 23, 2011, 11:32 PM »
I posted a review of the new Vintage Collection Rebel Fleet Trooper to JediDefender.com's front page (my first front page review in ages).

Clicky To Read The Review!

Basically it's just as I imagined...  A couple things annoyed me, but nothing soured me on this figure.  He is what I expected, and I was pretty satisfied.

The sculpt is really detailed, the likeness is a mystery (It's like the sharp Pello Scrambas features were sort of worn down, almost rounded off) but cool and neutral enough, the accessories are small yet they all appear to be new, the deco is on-par for what it should be (the blue is correct CHEWIE, fear not!), and the articulation is what it should be.

Other than the vest, and holster, I'm pretty much completely happy... other than the hat not arriving *ahem*, haha.

I can't tell if the hat is grey or tan by the early photos of the figure, but it's a cool accessory regardless.

I can't wait to buy, well, another 100 of these guys? :)  Maybe not that many...  or maybe I will over time, I don't know.  Depends on how long I'm still collecting.  Either way I'm in on an army of these Fleet Troopers.  I waited too long to not buy them now that they're here, regardless.  Even if I quit tomorrow I'd still army build him.

I just hope he's really easy to pick up in quantity.  :-\
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
Re: New JD Review: Vintage Wave 7 Rebel Fleet Trooper
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2011, 12:22 AM »
Nice review, Jesse.  Hopefuly, we'll see this bad boy on the pegs soon!
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline 501ST

• Jedi Initiate
  • Deus Ex Machina
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2011, 12:36 AM »
Dan Curto would be proud of this review.
A bank is a place that will lend you money if you can prove that you don't need it.

Bob Hope

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2011, 03:12 AM »
It was nice to go back and touch on this for a front page review.  If I ever get a decent camera, and do a nice set-up at home, I'd like to get my front page reviews rolling again.  It's rough with all the other front page stuff though, and then actual life, but reviews are the thing I actually miss doing.

This one I couldn't resist.  Be damned the camera quality, which all in all didn't turn out too bad actually, if I may say. 

Thanks for the comments...  I'd waited too long for this guy to not review him, so I had to.  I'm still really weirded out by the belt/holster.  And honestly it's the only thing that really bummed me about the figure.  The vest I can live with, though that's a major corner cut by Hasbro to save a buck.  Kind of meh to that.  The holster though...  EVERY character has a holster anymore, and they cheaped out on an army builder?  For shame.  Cut it on the female X-Wing pilot, not this guy!  Yeesh.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline EpicGon

• Jedi Padawan
  • The life so short, the craft so large to learn.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2011, 10:45 AM »
Nice Review: highly detailed

It is a new figure with accurate depiction of clothes, character and weapons.

The separate piece of leg strap for charges is a revolutionary tool, applicable in the near future for rebel pilots figures.

The poseability of the figure is also very enjoyable.

Offline Jimree

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2011, 01:39 AM »
Nice review buddy,

Now I'm hoping we get to see him in the wild
Member of PA Star Wars Collecting Society
Twitter - @Jawa_Jim
Instagram - Jawa_Jim