Author Topic: Hey  (Read 4144 times)

Offline Rob Gailor

• Youngling
    • View Profile
Hey
« on: July 31, 2003, 09:58 AM »
Hey everyone....Just wanted to say "hello", I have been a collector for nearly 20 years. I mainly live for the "hunt", strolling down the aisle, finding the new stuff. I mostly buy at retail or on ebay(dispite all the scalpers, they do have some good deals) I am mostly into the newer stuff basically because of the detail and the likeness aspects. My name is Rob and I will try to become a part of the group, as I enjoy talking about Star Wars. Talk care.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: Hey
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2003, 10:24 AM »
Welcome to JediDefender Rob.  We are very glad you have decided to join our community and let us know if we can be of any service!

Scott

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2003, 10:36 AM »
to JediDefender Rob. We look forward to seeing you around the forum. Enjoy!  :)

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2003, 10:44 AM »
Welcome to JediDefender Rob!  Glad to have you here, and hope you enjoy your stay.  MTFBWY!
dustrho

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2003, 02:28 PM »
Welcome to the JD party train Rob!  OK, so we're not really a train, and we try to limit the hard core partying to Friday nights mostly, but you've still managed to find the friendliest and coziest place on the net to talk Star Wars, here at JediDefender!  So welcome aboard, and we look forward to chatting with you around here.  Drop us a line if you've got any questions or comments about anything.  Enjoy!   8)

- Matt

Offline Reconsgt

• Jedi Apprentice
  • De Oppresso Liber
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2003, 02:29 PM »
Welcome to defender Rob. Relaxe and enjoy the atmosphere here.
Wayne Roberts or you can call me Sarge

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2003, 05:16 PM »
Welcome, Rob.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2003, 11:38 PM »
Greetings sir, ignore the Ewoks please. ;)
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Rob Gailor

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2003, 11:45 PM »
Wow...what a welcome!!! Thanks to everyone for making the effort to make me feel comfortable. This is great, normally, when you say your new, they ignore you...but this is excellent. So, when or where is the next big convention that some of you will be attending, just missed the Mexico one..., I wanted a Silver Fett too, but I was at DisneyLand and picked up all 9 of the Star Tours figs. Take care.

Jango Fettish

« Reply #9 on: August 1, 2003, 05:00 PM »
One more for ya. WELCOME!  :-*

Offline roguestormtrooper

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 2, 2003, 01:08 PM »
Welcome! ;D

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #11 on: August 5, 2003, 02:45 PM »
So, when or where is the next big convention that some of you will be attending, just missed the Mexico one..., I wanted a Silver Fett too, but I was at DisneyLand and picked up all 9 of the Star Tours figs...

Well KJ, looks like next up is the Wizard World Convention in Chicago.  Sounds like a few of the JD'ers here will be in attendance at that one, so stop by this thread to get the scoop on it.  There should be plenty of the Silver Boba Fett figures to go around, and the Fan Club will be distributing even more in the near future, so I wouldn't worry too much about that one!  So were you just vacationing out here in Southern California?  Or do you live out here?  I live in L.A. and am down at Disneyland every few weeks...

Thanks again for checking out JD, and yes - we are an unusually friendly and welcoming bunch here!   ;)

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 5, 2003, 04:03 PM »
Must be nice to have the cash to go to disneyland...ever few weeks! lol.

Welcome, Im a bit of a n00b here myself, but, hey, this place is alot more fun than Rebel Scum, and friendly too!

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #13 on: August 5, 2003, 06:19 PM »
Must be nice to have the cash to go to disneyland...ever few weeks! lol.

Not exactly Kevin (but I wish!)...  I get in for free for one hour each visit with their "Shopper's Pass", so I can scrounge up more Star Tours loot for the masses here!   8)  I drive right by the park on my way down to see my family every few weeks, so I'll often stop in for a visit when my JD comrades are in need of their Star Tours fix...

But, my sister fortunately still knows a few people who work there (she worked there a few years back), so she usually gets the wife and I in for free once or twice a year.   8)  Still very little cash on my end though!   ;)

Nice (and expensive) score on all 9 droids at once there KJ!

Offline Rob Gailor

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 5, 2003, 07:05 PM »
I live right outside of Philly, it was a nice vacation. I did grab all 9 of the Satr Tours figs, but passed on the Speeder. Gettting them home was a whole other adventure, you would think I had a dozen eggs or something...The figs probably had a better flight than me..lol...anyways, yep I will continue to check in and if anyone does happen to grab any extra Silver Boba Fetts, please let me know, as I will pay you for your time as well. Thanks.

Rob