Author Topic: TRU Vintage Collection Y-Wing  (Read 29201 times)

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
Re: Vintage Collection Y-Wing
« Reply #30 on: May 24, 2011, 09:05 AM »
Maybe a little underwhelming, but it might be just enough for me to pick up an opener.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 24, 2011, 11:09 AM »
It looks like there's an exclusive seal in the upper right hand corner.  I saw one of those on the B-Wing, too.  But in this case I can't make out the retailer on this one.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #32 on: May 24, 2011, 12:28 PM »
I am actually happy it's not a 100% new tool that would render the previous versions obsolete. I will buy a couple of these to upgrade the cockpits and other parts on my previous ones. It's nice to see the return of the droid socket!
Great package too! Demand for Ackbar will be through the roof when this hits! ;)
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #33 on: May 24, 2011, 12:35 PM »
It looks like there's an exclusive seal in the upper right hand corner.  I saw one of those on the B-Wing, too.  But in this case I can't make out the retailer on this one.

It's one of those TRU embossed foil stickers.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline EpicGon

• Jedi Padawan
  • The life so short, the craft so large to learn.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 7, 2011, 09:55 AM »
Hi guys

Just look at sandtroopers news on the Y wing

Cool evolution of the vehicle! No matter is the same 1999 mold
Nice paintjob ever, the metal bronze parts of the structure, enhance the appreciation of its volume.
Very well done application of diferent shades of gray for the body, landing gears and missile bomb.

The cockpit shows the best updates: the movable radio with its extension, the steer and some panels with buttons

I hope this interior will serve  to an update of the X wing interior cockpit, on a new biggest X wing of course.

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #35 on: June 7, 2011, 10:17 AM »
I really like this a lot, I like to get a couple to upgrade the cockpits of my other Y-Wings. I just hope they fixed the limp landing gear issue with this versions. I am glad it's not in a new scale to make the past 3 versions obsolete.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #36 on: June 7, 2011, 02:25 PM »
Personally I'm highly disappointed that it's not a new ship.  That thing's tiny...  Y-Wings are a big rugged fighter, and that mold just shows its age tremendously, even with updates as nice as they are, for what they are.

The Clone Wars Y-Wing is right around the scale an OT Y-Wing should be...  It stings pretty bad comparing it to the old one though.  I'm glad I'll be passing on this item.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 7, 2011, 03:11 PM »
Hopefully this is the last round for this mold - tweaks n all.  That stupid box is drawing me in though...    ::)
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #38 on: June 7, 2011, 05:02 PM »
Yeah, I'm underwhelmed. I really want a better sculpt of this ship.
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #39 on: June 7, 2011, 05:07 PM »
Normally I would agree with JJ sentiment on this not being new but for some reason I am not feeling a void on this not being new.(I was supporting this either way) I think it was hard to justify a new tool with the more sluggish sales the line is currently going through (i have a good friend over there who confirmed this). I think we would have seen a new tool if the CW Y-Wing/Arc SKU performed better at retail. I strongly believe since they flopped the entirely new one was scrapped. It would need to be $70+ to make it happen, people are just not shelling that out these days as loosely as before and the track record of that price point put a nail in it.

I still like what they did with the old tool.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #40 on: June 7, 2011, 05:18 PM »
I think we would have seen a new tool if the CW Y-Wing/Arc SKU performed better at retail. I strongly believe since they flopped the entirely new one was scrapped. It would need to be $70+ to make it happen, people are just not shelling that out these days as loosely as before and the track record of that price point put a nail in it.

Yeah, I have heard the same - the flop of the $70 ARC/Y-Wing (no matter who you want to blame it on) sort of killed their plans for the CW Slave I, OT Slave I, and a new Y-Wing in that price line.  They ended up salvaging the CW Slave I by sticking it a TRU megaBP, but the others, are lost for now...

I'm sort of undecided on this one.  I think if it's not too expensive and there is a nice promo/sale going on, I may pick one up and 'retire' one of my old PotF2 versions to make room for it.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 8, 2011, 08:48 AM »
Because it's in the vintage packaging they got me for two.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline darth broem 2

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 9, 2011, 11:06 PM »
That Nien Nunb figure on the box almost counts as a real vintage figure now  ::)

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 20, 2011, 05:09 PM »
These have appeared in Australia already. And someone said a U.S. Toys R Us computer listing is $43.99.

I recall passing up prior releases for $30, and those had figures. Gotta love an almost 50% mark-up since 2008.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 20, 2011, 05:33 PM »
I'm really glad they added the droid socket for this release - I think they had nothing else left to do with this mold besides return the droid socket that had been present in the original Kenner release. Combine that with the fact that this one is in packaging reminiscent of that release as well and you have a winner in my book.

I'm definitely down for one to open and one to keep MIB.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!