Author Topic: Target "Search for Luke" Taun-Taun Battle Pack(s)  (Read 56822 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Target "Search for Luke" Taun-Taun Battle Pack(s)
« on: May 11, 2011, 02:55 AM »
Sandtroopers got another early proto image, this time it's the rumored Taun-Taun... 

Clicky to see it.

The beast appears to have added ball/socket shoulders, and ankles, as well as a new removable saddle.  check out the stirrups.  Pretty slick that those are done that way IMO. :) 

The left horn's broke, which is what Luke's had, so that's further confirmation that this is the rumored Luke's Taun-Taun, which I believe also turned up in Euro TRU computers if i'm not mistaken.

The figure should be pretty interesting.

Also of note...  That left horn's a separately sculpted/molded piece.  Leaves it open for them to do a new horn rather than resculpting the entire head, to do Han's more generic Taun-Taun...  Doesn't bode well for a split-belly feature though.   :'(

I really like the details to the saddle now though.  Much nicer.  I expect the figure to be pretty flawless too...  it's been way too long for Hoth Luke to get a decent figure.

When they do Han's less distinct ride, I'd really dig seeing them do a Hoth Rebel scout then, using Han's taun-taun sculpt.  I've always wanted a Hoth Scout for some reason, have some of the wranglers holding its reigns and stuff.
« Last Edit: July 6, 2011, 03:49 PM by Jeff »
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Blaster under the pillow

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Re: New Taun-Taun (w/Luke) Rumor
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2011, 06:55 AM »
That looks excellent to me.  I would love if they did a pre special edition Wampa to go with it. One of the things I still can't stand about the special ed's is how the Wampa goes from having ears on top to none at all when he's chewing on that Taun-Taun bone.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2011, 08:58 AM »
Yeah, a new, nicely done Hoth Luke will be the real prize of this set.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2011, 09:11 AM »
Finally! I've been hoping for a new Tauntaun (and Hoth Luke, while they're at it) for some time.
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2011, 10:00 AM »
Hoth is by far my favorite battle in the entire OT.  Anything from that little corner of the Galaxy is major win to me.

I love the Stirrups this time around  on that sculpt.  Bodes well for ball socket hips on the New Luke Figure.  I wonder if they will make us a Han Solo (in Blue coat ;)) with that added piece of articulation as well.

JJ, what makes the Scouts different from a regular Echo Base/Hoth Trooper?

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2011, 10:05 AM »
Looks really nice so far, and I'm really happy that we are (hopefully) getting this soon.  Honestly, after the upcoming Bespin Han, this was one of my most-wanted redos from the OT.  I've been a big fan of the Taun Tauns since I was a kid, and I'm glad that it appears we'll be getting a new "ultimate" version (hopefully this year).  I wonder if the Luke will be "all new" as well.  In a way, it seems like it would have to be, but at the same time you would think they'd want to put the Luke in the basic line first.  I wonder if this will be an exclusive in the same vein as the new Dewback from a couple years ago.

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2011, 03:42 PM »
This looks really nice.  Hopefully there will be a Luke and Han version.  I agree that there should be a "Rebel Scout" version.  They should take the Echo Base Soldier and paint him in the vintage brown vest. 
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2011, 03:54 PM »
Paul,

Not much really, he's basically just the regular Hoth Soldier with ball-jointed hips to ride the Taun-Taun is all.  The Hoth scouts can be seen briefly getting ready with Echo Base Troopers handling the Taun-Tauns before they're going out...  I believe maybe you see them when Han comes back to the base near the beginning of the movie?  I'm forgetting now exactly.

Basically though it'd just be a tweaked Hoth Rebel Soldier like we have now, to have ball-jointed hips to ride the Taun-Taun is all.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2011, 05:57 PM »
Nice! It will look good on my Hoth shelf!
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2011, 10:02 PM »
They could make Han Solo's and be really quirky and have the "Then I'll see you in hell!"* version of Solo without gloves and a removable hat (to carry in his hand).

*How does a galaxy far, far away have "hell" in its mythology? "Then I'll see you in Mustafar!"...doesn't work.  :P
« Last Edit: May 11, 2011, 10:03 PM by scockery »

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2011, 10:22 PM »
I would have preferred a Wampa. I still think the vintage one is the best version of it we have gotten.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2011, 11:21 PM »
The thread at Rebelscum officially ruined this Taun-Taun for me when someone pointed out the arm placement is based on the maquette not the life sized puppet.  :P

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2011, 08:50 AM »
The thread at Rebelscum officially ruined this Taun-Taun for me when someone pointed out the arm placement is based on the maquette not the life sized puppet.  :P

That's it. I'm quitting collecting!

;)

Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline EpicGon

• Jedi Padawan
  • The life so short, the craft so large to learn.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2011, 10:36 AM »
This superb sculpt of the upcoming taun taun deserves a superior paintjob: Not only the shades of grey, brown or beige on the fur, but colour for the nails (on hands and feet), the eyes with iris and the interior of the ears pink.

We´re dreaming on a definitive Hoth Luke, with removable hat, binoculars, lightsaber, working holster: Perhaps he will be the wide stance version (unless his articulation resembles the balljoints for tvc Bespin Luke or tlc Dewback sandtrooper)
and later we could buy the figure with more natural stance on retail.

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2011, 10:39 AM »
My only disappointment it that this is not assorted with a Han version. I hope it is also shown. I love this!!!!
This is one of my top rated wants, I cannot wait to see what else is coming this year!
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/