Author Topic: Target "Search for Luke" Taun-Taun Battle Pack(s)  (Read 56820 times)

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
Re: New Taun-Taun (w/Luke) Rumor
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2011, 08:37 AM »
I'll bet this is more of a deluxe item since it shouldn't fit into the skinny BP packaging.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline ysalamir

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2011, 12:02 AM »
Cool! Most likely It'll be released with an updated Hoth Luke. I mean that's his ride as shown with the broken horn soo..Maybe a Walmart exclusive like the Dewback and Sandtrooper I'm guessing?

We can still keep our old one with the guts this one probably won't have.

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2011, 08:47 AM »
I'd love it if it fit in to the deluxe assortment at $18-20 or so. But if it is $30 something like the dewback, I probably won't get it until clearance/aftermarket.

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2011, 11:15 PM »
Maybe just maybe Han's will have a different belly to stuff Luke in. What would be sweet if that set included a battle damaged Luke along with the revises TT and Han. After all it was Han'sthat got split open. Lukes was for lunch.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline darth broem 2

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2011, 11:23 AM »
I am kind of happy to see a Tauntaun get trotted out again.  However, I really just want this for a new Luke Hoth.  If they would throw in a nicer Spirit of Kenobi that would be just fine.  Of course this would lead us to wanting a new Han Tauntaun with open belly and guts.  Then another Wompa version.  If they do the Wompa I would like some sort of cave set to go with it with some accessories like a bloody, meat bone (I know there are several bad jokes in there somewhere).  They kind of did this with that last Wompa release, but of course I'm looking for something a tad bit better than that. I know that is wishing for the stars and planets to align but as long as we're going to be paying most likely $20-$25 for a new Wompa throw in some extras!  8)

Offline ysalamir

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 16, 2011, 11:38 AM »
The Saga Wampa is not too bad. You get part of the cave with some sort of ice structure with a bloody bone. I like the upside down Luke and ice structure that attaches to it for display, even though it's not a definitive SA Hoth Luke like we want it's still cool and worth having if just for the ice structure.

I had forgotten it was Han's Tauntaun that got the guts spilled out (duh) Maybe we'll get one later. That would be cool. Other than the overwhelming plastic fumes it probably won't "smell bad on the outside."  :D

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 19, 2011, 10:32 AM »
I'll likely get it because it is an improvement, but as Hasbro resculpts the better and/or more recent releases, I find myself less excited to get them.   ;)
Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #22 on: May 26, 2011, 11:13 AM »
New pics over at Sandtroopers, it looks like this will have an open belly feature in the nurture....

http://www.sandtroopers.com//sandwatch/hasbro/20110526/index.html

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 26, 2011, 01:43 PM »
Nice to see that Hasbro is thinking ahead on this.  This is a clear indication that this must be Luke's tauntaun, since this one doesn't feature the opening belly.  And I think it's pretty obvious that we'll get a new Hoth Luke Skywalker with this release, and a Hoth Han Solo with the opening belly release.  I'm just wondering how far Hasbro will space the two releases apart.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #24 on: May 26, 2011, 02:35 PM »
Nice to see that Hasbro is thinking ahead on this.  This is a clear indication that this must be Luke's tauntaun, since this one doesn't feature the opening belly.  And I think it's pretty obvious that we'll get a new Hoth Luke Skywalker with this release, and a Hoth Han Solo with the opening belly release.  I'm just wondering how far Hasbro will space the two releases apart.

I hope not long, in fact I would love if another retailer got it at the same time. I want to get rid of the old Taun-Tauns and would love 1 ultimate SA Han Hoth. I currently have 2 Blue coat and Brown coat with the hoodless optional head. there have been way too many Han Hoths in last few years.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #25 on: July 6, 2011, 03:47 PM »
Oooh...  looky, looky:

« Last Edit: July 6, 2011, 03:49 PM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Target "Search for Luke" Taun-Taun Battle Pack(s)
« Reply #26 on: July 6, 2011, 03:55 PM »
Insta-buy!  nice.  So this means we are probably getting Luke in the main line I would think - unless there is another one of these packs with him in it.  New Luke with New Wamap?!@?!?!  that would rock
« Last Edit: July 6, 2011, 03:56 PM by shmashwitdaclub »

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #27 on: July 6, 2011, 03:59 PM »
Based on the fact that there was a Luke Tauntaun proto floating out there (cracked horn) and the fact that Target likes to double-up on sets (like last year's 2x Hoth sets), I would not be surprised if there is a Hoth Luke/Tauntaun/Figure 2 set that will also make it out at the same time... 
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline EpicGon

• Jedi Padawan
  • The life so short, the craft so large to learn.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 6, 2011, 04:03 PM »
Nice: the cannon concept for Hanīs taun taun which was the belly opened animal. An interesting variation on vintage style Hoth Han, hope the figure sits on the mount ok. The rider will need a system of articulation similar to the dewback sandtrooper from tvc.

Now we wait for a cool tvc evolution of Hoth Luke, the character deserves a taller figure, with ultimate detail on clothes sculpt and removable hat.

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 6, 2011, 04:08 PM »
Blue Coat for the WIN!!