Author Topic: Target "Search for Luke" Taun-Taun Battle Pack(s)  (Read 56815 times)

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
Re: Target "Search for Luke" Taun-Taun Battle Pack(s)
« Reply #45 on: July 11, 2011, 09:31 PM »
I think that the stop motion prop was more upright, and the live action prop had more of a horizontal back for sitting.  This looks like the studio prop, with a longer torso.
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 14, 2011, 01:46 PM »
From Wookiepedia:

Compare that to the image we've seen and it looks like the head might be a little underscaled.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 14, 2011, 05:09 PM »
Compare that to the image we've seen and it looks like the head might be a little underscaled.

No, not underscaled...Hasbro would say they are just using "heroic proportions".  :P

Offline darth broem 2

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 15, 2011, 01:13 AM »
Does Han ever actually wear that thing on his head?  I know the hood is up or down but I can't remember him in that cap thing?  Not that it matters much.  I will go after this set and plus it's another chance for the shaved rebel soldier.  I would probably always go for an improved Tauntan. 

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #49 on: July 15, 2011, 01:41 AM »
I'm really excited for this set. I think I'd have preferred the brown coat Han with his hood up, but I've got extras so it's no problem there.

I'm stoked they are including the shaved Rebel again. I missed the battle pack he debuted in and I have been holding off on the three pack, I didn't want to pay $20 for one figure. It'll be nice to get him just as a toss in.

The Tauntaun looks pretty nice, the head looks a bit off, especially in the picture Diddly provided. But I'll live with it. Overall I'm quite pleased. :)
"This is the way."

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #50 on: July 15, 2011, 11:38 AM »

You can really see it in the original prototype pic, which is at almost the same angle:

"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #51 on: July 15, 2011, 12:18 PM »
The head doesn't bother me nearly as much as the arms.  All the modern Taun-Tauns have the "stop-motion TaunTaun" arms, which are down on his belly, instead of the "life-size prop TaunTaun" arms, which are up on the shoulder blade.

The smaller head I can live with, it's the fact that his arms are down where his boobs should be that bothers me...
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #52 on: July 15, 2011, 01:35 PM »
I like it in general, but like I said I'm being more forgiving on beasts.  You really can see a head and arm difference there though...  That's odd.

Ryan, I too hoped for a brown coat, and I am still hoping we get a shot at Brown Coat Han with a hood up now, using what I assume is improved leg articulation on that Han figure.  I'm hoping a basic release in a wave...  I'd gladly buy that.

Easy money Hasbro...  come on...  come on...  You know it's your favorite thing.  I'm waving a $10 around here. 
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Sybeck1

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 15, 2011, 01:52 PM »
I am wondering if the BlueRay release might provide an answer for the Blue, Brown, Brue debate.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #54 on: July 16, 2011, 07:05 PM »
I don't even know how there still is a debate

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 16, 2011, 07:16 PM »
It is pretty silly after all this time.  The prop coat was on display at Celebration 4 in LA, and it was pretty clear that it was brown.  But people hang onto the nostalgia of the Kenner vintage figure with the blue coat and they superimpose that onto their memories of the movie.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #56 on: July 16, 2011, 10:32 PM »
I am wondering if the BlueRay release might provide an answer for the Blue, Brown, Brue debate.

Man, you should've been here some years ago Sybeck. :)

Seriously this is one of the things that wound up making me come hang out more at Jedi Defender, much less working here, so it's a pretty old and deep debate, but Scott's put up scads of proof to the brown argument...  I'm not even sure where it is, but I'm sure someone can drag it to the surface for this thread now.

I think most people hanging onto blue recognize it's probably brown but simply don't care and prefer the blue because of what they had as a kid.  I think (though I shouldn't speak for him) the boss here feels that way.  I can't argue with people on that then. 

I just hope Hasbro gives us a brown coated Han able to ride the friggin' Taun Taun.  I'll buy it gladly, single carded.  Easy money Hasbro...  Easy money.  Though you're kind of prickish if you don't put a hood up head in either as the main one or an extra head.  Seriously, he wears the hood on the beast for the most part...  I'd like the hood then.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 16, 2011, 11:59 PM »

I think most people hanging onto blue recognize it's probably brown but simply don't care and prefer the blue because of what they had as a kid.  I think (though I shouldn't speak for him) the boss here feels that way.  I can't argue with people on that then. 

Bingo.

I know in person and on screen it is brown, but the one I had as a kid was Blue.  I will buy both colors and not complain.  Hoth Han was a top 2 figure for me back in the day, hence the strong Nostalgia factor.  Others I like more screen accurate/authentic.

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #58 on: July 17, 2011, 09:09 AM »
Seriously this is one of the things that wound up making me come hang out more at Jedi Defender, much less working here, so it's a pretty old and deep debate, but Scott's put up scads of proof to the brown argument...  I'm not even sure where it is, but I'm sure someone can drag it to the surface for this thread now.

I'm eternally grateful to Scott for introducing me to the wonderful world of Pantone.
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #59 on: July 18, 2011, 02:33 AM »
It's everyone's friend for figuring out WTF they're looking at, and how to replicate it.