Princess Leia Organa (Boushh Disguise)

(1/2) > >>

Scott:
Source Images:

Data

Vintage

Modern

darth broem 2:
I loved this vintage figure as a kid.  I thought it was so cool the helmet came off.  I think this was one of the first SW figures to have a removable helmet right?  I also like the vintage cardback.  I think this was one of the better costumes in all of the Star Wars films.  It would be nice to  get an update on the modern figure with the SA treatment.  Yeah, I am one of those collectors that likes SA on just about every figure even if they just stand in the background.    The modern one pictured is ok but I don't really care for her arms that much.  They could do a better job on that pike to.  I know they have to meet safety standards with the gummy plastic but it's just too gummy IMO.   

Jedi Learner:
Yes, this was one of the few figures in the vintage line to have a removable helmet (as I recall, the only others were Lando as Skiff Guard, Leia in Endor Poncho, and POTF Luke Stormtrooper).  I always thought it was a very nifty figure, and its detailing was reasonably screen-accurate.

The 2006 update is nice.  On the plus side, the likeness to Carrie Fisher is very good, and the figure is in the proper scale to represent her shorter stature.  The removable thermal detonator is also nice touch.  On the minus side, the bronze color of the pike does not appear to be correct--it looks black to me in the source image--and the plastic is WAY too flexible.

I always loved the vintage cardback and think it is one of the most striking of the line (gotta love that Kenner airbrushing that really makes the image pop.)  It would be awesome to see Hasbro release a brand new resculpt of this figure in the Vintage collection on this card.

Matt_Fury:
One of my favorite vintage Leias.  Mainly because I did not lose the blaster!

Scockery:
Vintage Kenner one was an early release, a spoiler really. They should've released her in 1984.

Never got the most recent version...helmet looks like it sets too low compared to the movie.

Also, who is that behind Boushh in the photo?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version