Author Topic: Original Trilogy Class I Sets You'd Like?  (Read 10650 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Original Trilogy Class I Sets You'd Like?
« on: May 27, 2011, 03:43 PM »
So I was thinking the other day about this...

The Deluxe Figure w/Vehicle line is neat, and they are doing the Yavin Tech w/Sled...  Not a bad choice since people are into the set, but what about other "Original Trilogy" based ideas?

I was thinking about this more in the context of the "just off screen" designs rather than things that were actually in the movie, but really either one would be cool I think.

One I'd really dig seeing, from the movie, is the Hoth Speeder/Gun Platform thing from the cut footage...  It's just about the size for a Deluxe Figure w/Vehicle format I think, and a Hoth Trooper variation with it would be ideal (or Luke I guess, with maybe a more weathered deco?).

I was also thinking it'd be really neat to see an MLC-3 update though...  A modern sculpt of the cool tank design.  It's something I still pick up to use with modern figures, actually.  I just love the MLC-3 though, as a small gun carriage.  It reminds me of a Bren Carrier from World War II or something like it.  Rolling along with Fleet Troopers, giving some supressing fire when they need it.  A mini-tank.

I could also see Hasbro whip up a Rebel Speederbike with a unique Rebel Scout...  Not the McQuarrie design, something a bit more traditional and like the Imperial bike, or a Swoop perhaps.  Even a repainted Swoop sculpt they have like the Pirate Speederbike Bane came with?  With a cool Rebel Scout figure on there, it could really do well I think as an army builder.

I was thinking also that little "pod" type speeder from Mos Eisley would possibly work as a Deluxe Fig w/Vehicle...  Not sure who you'd sneak in with it, but it's OT based, unmade, and maybe could include some kind of Bounty Hunter character?

I just really would like to see the Deluxe line expand from the Clone Wars a bit and look at the Original Trilogy more...  the upcoming original designs from Hasbro are neat, and have inspired me a little bit to hope for some expansion of the line.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2013, 11:11 AM by Jeff »
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jimree

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Re: Original Trilogy Deluxe Fig W/Vehicle (Mini-Rigs) You'd Like?
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2011, 05:12 PM »
I like this idea alot

For Episode 4, A little pod or speeder is a great idea, some sort of cantina alien thats never been produced

Episode 5, I'd love to see all sorts of Bespin craft

For episode 6, some Jabba's visitors transportation, I always thought with the sail barge, kinda like a hover windboard with a sail haha

anyways,
thats my 2 cents

Jim
Member of PA Star Wars Collecting Society
Twitter - @Jawa_Jim
Instagram - Jawa_Jim

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2011, 11:11 PM »
The CAP-2 redone...that was the best vintage mini-rig. Gave the non-Fett bounty hunters something they could use.

I would mind some Imperial scout thingies, anything to use with Imperial troopers would be fun in theory (droopy speeder bikes aside).

In terms of designs, I prefered the rigs that were more original designs more than the kiddie ride versions of larger vehicles. The ISP didn't work. The Sail Skiff was kind of neat, but also a reminder that the actual skiff should've been released first.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2011, 02:03 AM »
I agree completely scockery, and liked the CAP, the MLC-3...  That stuff was way cooler.

That's what I like about the Clone Wars ones they're doing now...  That Clone one is pretty wicked looking as a small enclosed speederbike of sorts.

I could see something like that...  An Endor Forrest Ranger update?  I'd be into it.  Some new speederbike type designs would really get my interest.

I'd also dig maybe seeing something like teh Hoth Troop Transport, the Hoth Tank...  Maybe an update on the Accessory Pack Tank Droid even?  I'd be interested in it.

An Aquatic Rebel Vehicle would be neat too...  Like a Devilfish (GI Joe fans) for the Rebel Soldiers, with an aquatic Rebel Soldier?  A contrasting Imperial thing would be interesting too, with an Aquatic Imperial Trooper (very similar to a Scout Trooper, in the EU).
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2011, 01:37 PM »
I'd actually really like the Imperial speederbike put into this wave...the resculpt we've all been waiting for.

Other than that, I would love that little laser cannon sled from the cut Hoth footage, and the pod spaceship parked outside the cantina.
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2011, 09:34 PM »
Oh without a doubt on the Speederbike getting a resculpt... A retooled Scout that can ride it, a clear stand so it's "hovering"...  I'd buy probably a dozen of those over time.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2011, 09:05 AM »
I'd actually really like the Imperial speederbike put into this wave...the resculpt we've all been waiting for.

Yes, priority one.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2011, 09:15 AM »
 - Imp Speederbike
 - Hoth Power Converter
 - Rebel Tech & Sled (Yavin supply crew)
 - Cruisemissile Trooper (POTF2): I actually liked the look of this, but would like to see it redone with a removeable figure instead of the built in head and arms
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2011, 11:50 AM »
I'd actually like a reissue of the Hoth radar laser cannon from the Defense of Hoth set (which I never found), with the Hoth trooper.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2011, 05:54 PM »
Not a bad idea there...  right in line with the size of deluxe too.

Offline EpicGon

• Jedi Padawan
  • The life so short, the craft so large to learn.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2011, 07:11 PM »
Would like to see an update of the pdt-8 if the re-release isnīt possible
Pdt is the basis for an evolution onto Hoth Sledges, is how Hasbro Kenner interpret them.

The new speeder bike is also on schedule, hope to see how they will depict the hoover motion. Is a challenge for sculptors as they probably dispense with the clasic speeder bike legs.

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2011, 11:15 AM »
For the hover action on the speederbikes, I think a clear plastic stand would do the job nicely, similar to the ones that used to come with the various Micromachines spaceships.

Here's a Wookiepedia page on the speeder from outside the Cantina, the Ubrikkian 9000 Z001 landspeeder. I'd love to have this thing, but I'm not sure who the pilot would be...still, it would be a great chance to get one of the Cantina patrons that may be too boring for a regular carded release. And hey, if the only way to get it is to have some little flip-up gun, then knock yourself out Hasbro.

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2011, 12:16 PM »
Dude...years ago I said that they should do the three little Mos Eisly speeders (The round one, the spidery looking one, and the blue one in the speeder lot) and pack them with aliens.  Hell, pack one with Blue Snaggletooth.  Pack one with Cz-3 and pack one with Greedo.

I'd go nutso for them.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2011, 11:52 PM by speedermike »
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2011, 02:35 PM »
Blue Snag would be my first choice too...  Preferably a new figure though, and a more Takeel-like headsculpt.

On the issue of the "hover" stand, they did basically one of those with the STAP, so I'd like something similar to that.

The legs of a Speederbike are actually very stubby/small, and are nothing more than foot pedals.  They really shouldn't be able to hold the bike's weight ultimately.  I'd really love to see them do those properly, and a reworked Scout that fits on the bike perfectly, crouched with his feet on the pedals like in the film.  Double-hinge the knees and elbows even, whatever it takes for the scout to sit properly (they should be able to do it without double-hinging though).
« Last Edit: May 31, 2011, 02:37 PM by Jesse James »

Offline darth broem 2

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 3, 2011, 12:12 AM »
I would personally like the Hoth Turret they included in that Target battle pack not to long ago.  Throw in another Hoth Soldier variant or that one that was not released on a cardback.  Of coures I would take the Speeder Bike.  The Hoth deleted scene tank or whatever it is called. I am not really into the "just off the screen" stuff but maybe I would be depending on what they would come up with?