Aside from the fact that JediJMan is tossing away his first round pick for a late 2nd rounder, all before a single game is played, I think we need to respect the rules and the regular trade waiting period.
There is no precedent for forcing through a trade just because one owner had to autodraft, whatever the reason, not being home, computer frozen etc. etc. That's no reason to give Scott an extra first round player, without giving all of the owners time to review the trade as per the normal protocols.
Those are all valid points, and I get that you value MJD higher than S. Jackson. I have him ranked higher as well, but not by much, and I am improving my TE situation, so the trade is worth it to me. True, there is no precedent for forcing a trade early, but I don't think we've run into circumstances like this previously.
#1 Brent can correct me if I'm wrong here, but I believe the 2-day waiting period is only in play to make sure that wildly unfair trades are blocked. A trade has never been blocked since I've been playing and I don't think anyone considers this switch wildly unfair. The 2-day waiting period seems like more of a technicality, which isn't a very good reason to screw up week 1 for two teams.
#2 Consider the circumstances. I tested my system with yahoo and it very quickly told me I was set for the draft. The draft room opened at 7:30 CST and I sat there for 40min with two PCs trying to get in. Ended up rebooting both and trying with both Explorer and Firefox. Not sure how I could have done anything differently to get in. I ended up on autodraft for picks 1, 2, and 7 and got three players I never would have taken. Not sure what else I could have done here. This isn't a "normal trade" by any means - this is trying to fix my team following an unforeseeable issue with the drafting process. I'm not asking to trade anyone that I drafted on my own.
#3 This is the perfect storm of timing. We held the draft one day before the start of the season and one of the guys involved in the trade plays less than 24 hours from when we drafted. If we had drafted at an earlier date or the Packers were playing Sunday, this wouldn't be an issue. Again, I'm asking you to overlook protocol to help a brother out after some unfortunate circumstances.
I commission two leagues and play in 4 others besides this one. In all six I know that we would just make the move if this happened to any of the drafters. That said, this is supposed to be a fun league, so I'll shut up about it after this and abide by whatever Brent says. It sure would be nice though if we could find a way to make it work. As seasoned FFL drafters, I'm sure most of you can imagine the disgust in not being able to pick for your 1st, 2nd, or 7th round picks.
Here are a couple of new ideas I had...
#1 - if I can get everyone to post that they are okay with the trade before 5pm, would that be sufficient for getting the trade processed in time? I'll do the legwork in contacting everyone if this is what you guys need.
#2 - Since I Can't see anyone blocking the trade, can I just confirm that I want to play Finley tonight and have Brent auto-correct my score at the end of the week? All of the other players will move in time for us to get them into lineups.
Thanks for hearing me out.