Author Topic: JediDefender Fantasy Football 2011  (Read 50723 times)

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
Re: JediDefender Fantasy Football 2011
« Reply #90 on: September 12, 2011, 07:24 PM »
I'm the same way.  I have  a few other leagues, but JD is always the one I want to do best in.  Probably because it's the first one I ever played in.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: September 12, 2011, 10:32 PM »
Stop ******* around and kick the field goal you clam chowder-eating sons of bitches!!!
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: September 12, 2011, 10:36 PM »
If I had a dollar for every fantasy football game I've lost by one point I could buy the NFL.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: September 12, 2011, 10:39 PM »
Well give me the dollar.  ******* Chad Henne!  >:( >:( >:( >:(

That was infuriating.  Seriously, after all that I can't believe I lost on a throw-away nonsense pass on the last play of the game.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2011, 10:41 PM by Rob »

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: September 12, 2011, 10:43 PM »
Holy crap, I actually had good luck?  That was thrilling.

I will take it.

And I scored 200 points in the other league to boot having Brady, Hernandez and Welker.

Amazing.

Wife's having a fit with all the football I've been absorbed in the last 2 days, if I don't go to bed now I might not live to see Week 2 despite the "W".

Good fight.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: September 12, 2011, 10:44 PM »
Yep - congrats.  After the miracle comeback, it was pretty heartbreaking to lose like that.  And to think if I'd just picked pretty much any other kicker I'd have come out ahead.

Such is fantasy football. 
« Last Edit: September 12, 2011, 10:47 PM by Rob »

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: September 13, 2011, 12:16 AM »
Cripes.  Thought I had my locked up until I checked in on the Raiders game.  Janikowski has 3 FGs already, including a 63er.  What?  HE gets a few more and I'm done.   :-\
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: September 14, 2011, 09:53 AM »
No, I don't know why the waivers haven't been processed yet.  My assumption was that it should happen after Tuesday midnight and I presumed it would be PST.  So I had been expecting them around 2 A.M. CST. 

I do recall reading a note on yahoo (that I can no longer find) indicating it could take 4-8 hours for the waiver claims to be processed.  At the long end of that it means they should be processed by 10 A.M. CST so within the next hour and change.  I'll be away from the computer for several hours so I'm hoping they're done by the time I come back. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: September 14, 2011, 10:52 AM »
Any idea why this league note appears at the top of the players page?

"Waiver Note: All Free Agents will be placed on Waivers Sunday, Sep 18 at 12:00pm CDT."

Is that an accident?  Surely we don't want ALL players going back on waivers do we?  Or are the waiver rules we've been going over applying on a weekly basis?  If so, I'd have to vote against that.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2011, 10:53 AM by Rob »

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: September 14, 2011, 04:45 PM »
If I understand it correctly it means that once the games start (i.e. first game) at noon, all players are locked and you can again only pick up according to waiver priority just as it worked this week.  The waiver order of the teams in the league don't change. 

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: September 14, 2011, 05:08 PM »
New note on the Yahoo league pages:

"We are aware of an issue where Weekly Waivers may have not yet been processed for leagues that use the First game of the week through Tuesday setting. We are currently updating Weekly Waivers and we expect to complete the update by 10:00 AM PDT. We thank you for your patience."

I still don't get the waiver vs. free agent distinction.  I picked up N. folk and R. Cobb, which apparently counts as a waiver selection, even though I don't think these guys were on anyone else's teams yet this year.  Why is D. Ward a Free Agent, but R. Cobb is a waiver wire pickup?  Is this dependent on WHEN a player is picked up?  In other words, if I had waited until Friday to grab Cobb, would that have gone thru as a FA pickup and I would have kept my lower waiver priority?  If so, when does the waiver period end and the FA period begin?  No wonder I'm always at the end of the waiver priorities.
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: September 14, 2011, 05:13 PM »
I still don't get the waiver vs. free agent distinction.  I picked up N. folk and R. Cobb, which apparently counts as a waiver selection, even though I don't think these guys were on anyone else's teams yet this year.  Why is D. Ward a Free Agent, but R. Cobb is a waiver wire pickup?  Is this dependent on WHEN a player is picked up?  In other words, if I had waited until Friday to grab Cobb, would that have gone thru as a FA pickup and I would have kept my lower waiver priority?  If so, when does the waiver period end and the FA period begin?  No wonder I'm always at the end of the waiver priorities.

Generally waivers have only applied to a player who is cut by a given team.  That player goes on waivers and everyone gets a shot to file a claim for him for a few days.  ALL players were on waivers only for the few days after the draft, then everyone was a free agent for the rest of the season.

I suspect that guys like Cobb are still listed as Waiver pick ups right now, because they were claimed by people and the Yahoo glitch has delayed the processing of those waiver claims.  I think that'll be cleared up at some point.

That said, if we get to vote on it, I think I'd prefer free agency be set up to work how it always has.  Waivers only for guys who are cut.  Maybe this style brings a little more competitive balance, but it entirely negates the value of paying attention to what's going on in the NFL and being quick on your toes.

If I understand it correctly it means that once the games start (i.e. first game) at noon, all players are locked and you can again only pick up according to waiver priority just as it worked this week.  The waiver order of the teams in the league don't change.

Can that be turned off?  That's now how we've done it in the past and I'm not a big fan of it beyond the first few days after the initial draft.  Sort of clogs up free agency and I wasn't anticipating waivers being an issue for 3 days a week except for players that were cut by someone.  If this was a conversation we had and I misunderstood it, my apologies.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2011, 05:14 PM by Rob »

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: September 14, 2011, 05:22 PM »
That still doesn't make sense to me.  I was awarded Cobb today at 10:30.  It's listed as a waiver pickup and I'm now in 12th for waiver priority.  Shaun Suisham was added by the Cranes at 11:05, but counts as a free agent, not a waiver wire pickup.  Likewise, Ruiner grabbed Jermaine Gresham at 9:13 today and he was a free agent pickup as well. 

If you go to the current available players list, now everyone is listed as a FA unless they were dropped from another team.  Seems like anyone this week who picked up players and was charged with a waiver selection should actually have been counted as a FA selection. 

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: September 14, 2011, 05:24 PM »
Everyone is on waivers from the start of the first game of the week until the time when Yahoo processes the waivers, or basically Wednesday A.M.  If you make a claim during that time period it is a waiver claim.  It doesn't matter if they're on another players team at any point, everyone goes on waivers during the weekly period described. 

Rob, Patrick and Ruiner all made pickups this morning of players and they were all free agents.  The difference is when they made the request which is the whole point of the waiver process.  The waivers are there to help the teams that have a higher waiver priority.  They have this because they drafted later in the draft process.  For example, Taco's team got Cadillac even though I also tried to pick him up - he got him because of the lower waiver priority. 

From Wednesday morning until the first game, whenever it occurs, all players are free agents.  I assume there is an exception with players that were recently dropped as they have a two day waiver period as well.  So everyone that got dropped today, whether through a free agent claim or a waiver claim is on waivers for two days.  All other players are free agents and you can pick them up right now without it affecting waivers.  So if you want Earl Bennett right now, he's a free agent.  If you want Danny Amendola, it's a waiver claim. 

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: September 14, 2011, 05:27 PM »
That said, if we get to vote on it, I think I'd prefer free agency be set up to work how it always has.  Waivers only for guys who are cut.  Maybe this style brings a little more competitive balance, but it entirely negates the value of paying attention to what's going on in the NFL and being quick on your toes.

Can that be turned off?  That's now how we've done it in the past and I'm not a big fan of it beyond the first few days after the initial draft.  Sort of clogs up free agency and I wasn't anticipating waivers being an issue for 3 days a week except for players that were cut by someone.  If this was a conversation we had and I misunderstood it, my apologies.

Indeed this was a conversation we have had.  This is exactly why I asked for people's opinions on it. 

You are correct, this is not how we've done it.  Ruiner brought it up, I exercised executive power and made the switch.  I informed folks and asked them to vote on it and comment.   ::)

Now I'll ask again.  Vote on it and comment on it.  Thus far Rob is against.  From what I can tell Diddly, Ruiner, myself and Taco are for it.