Author Topic: JediDefender Fantasy Football 2011  (Read 50753 times)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Re: JediDefender Fantasy Football 2011
« Reply #135 on: September 22, 2011, 10:47 PM »
Now Dressel... I would like to know what secret relationship you've struck up with Marin and Patrick that has similarly biased you.   >:(

Now that's some funny **** right there.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: September 23, 2011, 05:47 AM »

Now Dressel... I would like to know what secret relationship you've struck up with Marin and Patrick that has similarly biased you.   >:(

Does this mean that I am uninvited to Thanksgiving?
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: September 23, 2011, 10:42 AM »
And this trade is SOOOOO out of whack that you need to veto it?

I do not see anyone else in this league going along with you on this one.

Looks like there was enough interest to VETO it. 
(Rob, that means people "voted against" it in case you're concerned about the usage of the word).

I guess it wasn't such a non-issue after all, was it?  Hope you two can still get together at Thanksgiving to eat some delicious crow.   ;)

Looking forward to our game this week Matt.  I hope you get Vick back, so we can keep it close.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: September 23, 2011, 11:19 AM »
I guess it wasn't such a non-issue after all, was it?

Actually, that the voting system worked proves unequivocally that it was a non-issue.  But nice try.  If it had gone through it still would have been a non-issue.

Looks like there was enough interest to VETO it. 
(Rob, that means people "voted against" it in case you're concerned about the usage of the word).

Nope, that's not what it means at all:  "A veto, Latin for "I forbid", is the power of an officer of the state to unilaterally stop an official action"

So, it wasn't vetoed in any sense of the word, unless Brent single-handedly put the kibosh on it.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2011, 11:22 AM by Rob »

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: September 23, 2011, 11:32 AM »
Okay, so who are the 3 musketeers that went along with crazy scalper boy?

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: September 23, 2011, 11:35 AM »
Well, maybe you should read the wording in the picture and stop embarrassing yourself.  It's a done issue, but you just can't let it go...
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: September 23, 2011, 11:35 AM »

Does this mean that I am uninvited to Thanksgiving?

You're always invited to our liberal, vegetarian, Thanksgivings. 

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: September 23, 2011, 11:37 AM »
Well, maybe you should read the wording in the picture and stop embarrassing yourself.  It's a done issue, but you just can't let it go...

Sorry if I happen to know better than Yahoo! Sports when it comes to word meanings. 

What would constitute "letting it go" for you?  Do you need the last word or something?  If so, have at it.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: September 23, 2011, 11:37 AM »

I know who some of them were from PMs.  I really don't blame them for not speaking up publicly given your ridiculous reaction and attacks on here, "boy."   ::)

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: September 23, 2011, 11:41 AM »

I know who some of them were from PMs.  I really don't blame them for not speaking up publicly given your ridiculous reaction and attacks on here, "boy."   ::)

Well I just want to know who they are so that we can hold their attempted trades to the same extraordinarily high standard of scrutiny.

Especially considering the ringleader is the biggest hypocrite of all for trying to avoid the league's trade review process for the only trade he attempted so far.

Unbelievable.

And this trade doesn't have anything to do with me, I just find it to be an abuse of the trade review process.

I literally never saw anything like this in a decade of fantasy sports.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2011, 11:42 AM by Dressel Rebel »

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: September 23, 2011, 11:48 AM »
Sorry if I happen to know better than Yahoo! Sports when it comes to word meanings. 
What would constitute "letting it go" for you?  Do you need the last word or something?  If so, have at it.

Um, letting it go for me would be you stopping your "incessant crying" about the correct definition of the word veto in a SW thread about fantasy football.  But you should already know that, since you're the master of "word meanings."

It certainly isn't having the last word, as I know that will never happen.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: September 23, 2011, 11:53 AM »
Just to clarify, I did not veto or vote against. 

I would vote against a vegetarian thanksgiving however.  I'm sure the meal is enjoyable and nutritious, but damn, I love me some turkey. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: September 23, 2011, 12:29 PM »
Well I just want to know who they are so that we can hold their attempted trades to the same extraordinarily high standard of scrutiny.

Especially considering the ringleader is the biggest hypocrite of all for trying to avoid the league's trade review process for the only trade he attempted so far.

Unbelievable.

And this trade doesn't have anything to do with me, I just find it to be an abuse of the trade review process.

I literally never saw anything like this in a decade of fantasy sports.

My request was different than this issue in about a dozen different ways.  Seems like everyone here can see that exept you.  I expect you're equally frustrated with the two people who asked Brent to protect their waiver rankings, since asking a question about something so easily puts you out of sorts. 

If this trade doesn't have anything to do with you, why are you so interested in posting about it and calling others out?  Christ Matt, I didn't invent the option to vote against trades in this league.  Frankly, I'm shocked that all your mocking and put-downs didn't scare people away from voting.

Gotta say, in my decade of playing FFL, I have never seen anyone complain so much about an opposing viewpoint.  People make their case, it gets voted on or decided by the commish, and it's done.  In our league, people voted, the trade was cancelled and now you're calling it an "abuse of the trade review process."  Unbelievable is right. 

I will admit one thing to you.  I am vocal about my opinions and I'm not afraid to defend a position that goes against the "crowd" (or 2 people in this case).  If that offends you, then maybe you should avoid discussions I'm involved in, especially if you find an issue that "has nothing to do with you." I'm sure this never occurred to you, but there are people on JD who don't want to publicly disagree with guys like you (or Rob), because this is the kind of BS they are subjected to when they voice an opposing opinion.  I hope you feel great about the fact that your behavior creates an environment where people aren't willing to publicly say what they think.

My sincere apologies to both Patrick and Maris for any anguish they may have felt over all this BS arguing.  It was obviously an honest mistake that really didn't need this much attention.  I've really said all I need to on this, so please say whatever else you need to and we can get back to complaining about our crappy fantasy football teams. Here's hoping my crap team is fired up enough to still beat the snot out of Matt's crap team.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: September 23, 2011, 12:50 PM »
Marin.  The name is Marin.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2011, 02:03 PM by Rob »

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #149 on: September 23, 2011, 08:25 PM »
I'm a bit late to the party here and don't mean to kick the dying horse while it's down... but I'm with Rob and Dressel on this one. The fact that THOSE two, of all the people in the history of this league, are in such agreement on this issue should really say something about the whole situation. You are off your marbles on this one Justin. Why is it that you have been at the center of almost every controversy we have had in this league since you have joined? We haven't even played through three weeks of the season and already we have had a problem every week.  ::)

I hardly seen this as an unfair or one-sided trade. The trade was a 6th rounder for an 8th rounder. Moore has had some decent production in the two years he has played, as Dressel posted: 1700 yards and 18 TD's combined. Those aren't shabby numbers at all. The guy he is being traded for is a rookie who did manage a 100 yard game, with a fumble. Beyond that though who knows? He was a second rounder this year for the Dolphins, so it isn't like he is a really highly touted 1st round back. He could have a great year, he could also have just an average rookie year, no one really knows because he is an unproven rookie. Just because he is a starter and was a high draft pick, doesn't make this a lopsided trade. Two years ago the Broncos took Knowshon Moreno in the 1st round and he was supposed to be our new franchise RB, and up until this point in his career he has been nicked named "No-Gain" Moreno around here by sportswriters. He has managed only or or two 100 yard games and hasn't hit 1000 yds in a season yet either. My point is he hasn't yet lived up to his draft position yet, and who knows if he will? The same thing could happen with Thomas, you just don't know. Lance Moore plays for a great Saints offense with one of the NFL's top QBs in Drew Brees throwing him the ball, that immediately helps his chances in my book. Add in some injuries to the Saints WRs and he gets more playing time too. I really don't understand where any of your whining on this comes from.

I'm not involved in the trade at all either and I hardly find it unfair. If you had proposed this trade to whomever else voted against it I'd be saying the exact same thing... I'm curious to know who else voted against this... and why they don't do such a thing?
« Last Edit: September 23, 2011, 09:31 PM by Ryan »
"This is the way."