Author Topic: Commander Blackout  (Read 2565 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Commander Blackout
« on: June 1, 2011, 12:04 AM »
Also posted is a loose shot of Commander Blackout...

Clicky

Looks like a really sharp deco.  :)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Commander Blackout
« Reply #1 on: June 1, 2011, 12:09 AM »
Yeah, that's awesome! Opener worthy for sure. Man, how sweet would it be if they did Admiral Trench?

Or maybe the Stealth Ship in the midsize line?
"Those fighting to be included in the ideal of equality are not being divisive; those fighting to keep those people out are."

Offline TheSon

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 1, 2011, 07:24 PM »
It would be great to see them develop this arc some more. Trench would be a jem! So would the stealth pilot. You could put me down for a stealth ship right now, but I think we would see a Twilight before the stealth ship. And the forecast for that is, for whatever reason, not good.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2011, 02:01 PM »
So the TRU Exclusive Stealth Ops Clone Trooper is apparently hitting shelves now up in Canada. Hopefully he will start to make an appearance stateside soon. I definitely want at least 2 of these, although it irks me that they don't actually refer to him by name on the package.
"Those fighting to be included in the ideal of equality are not being divisive; those fighting to keep those people out are."

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • DONT TREAD ON ME
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2011, 12:38 AM »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2011, 10:46 AM »
....although it irks me that they don't actually refer to him by name on the package.

I wonder if it's not to save on trademarking.

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • DONT TREAD ON ME
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2011, 10:53 AM »
....although it irks me that they don't actually refer to him by name on the package.

Maybe it's to subliminally urge people to squad build him since he's given a generic designation.  :P

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2011, 06:23 PM »
I watched that episode again last night, and not only is he not named in the credits, I'll be damned if I caught his name anywhere in the actual episode either. I could have missed it, but struck me as odd.

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2011, 09:46 PM »

Maybe it's to subliminally urge people to squad build him since he's given a generic designation.  :P

Maybe, but at $13 per figure (I assume, maybe it's $15 now)...I won't get him at all unless they do a freebie promotion like the last TRU exclusives (Though, I never got them when they did that promo, either.)

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • DONT TREAD ON ME
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2011, 10:30 PM »
$13? He's $7.99

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2011, 02:25 AM »
Yeah that scared me for a moment...  :)

$7.99 is great, especially for an exclusive.  I was shocked.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2011, 07:50 AM »
It will go up in price 3 weeks after it is released - per TRU standard operating procedure.   :P

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2011, 08:55 AM »
I think it's greedy and stupid that they refuse to clearance out the Nikto Guard or Kul Teska. You still have 2 TCW exclusives loitering on the pegs and now you're going to add a third?

Kul Teska in particular kills me, this thing is huge and takes up valuable real estate. And I really want one for openers but not at the ridiculous price they're at now. Drop that thing down to $5 and watch 'em fly off the shelves.

I agree that odds seem really slim Blackout will stay at $7.99 for very long. That's cheaper than their regular Clone Wars figs.

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2011, 09:49 PM »
The time TRU clearances anything is usually "waaay past anyone giving a damn". They hung onto Trek and Terminator Salvation stuff longer than anyone, and still have the stuff lingering at clearance.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2011, 11:32 PM »
I ordered 2 of these from TRU.com.  I still had 2 jedi turbo speeders in the cart, from a previous non-order, so I grabbed another small item to get the free shipping.  They processed the order THEN sent a message saying the speeders were out of stock and that I Would be charged $12 shipping.  I sent a message to complain and they gave me free shipping on the two Blackouts and a minimate 2-pack.  Not bad.
"After Tuesday even the calendar goes W T F. "