Author Topic: DC Classics wave 19  (Read 4710 times)

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
DC Classics wave 19
« on: June 1, 2011, 08:15 AM »
MTV Geek exclusive first look

JSA themed wave:
GA Sandman
GA Atom
GA Hawkman
Stargirl
Kobra
Mogog
CnC: S.T.R.I.P.E.

No Jay Garrick Flash?  That's a pretty glaring omission.  Could be Mattel is holding him back to headline an upcoming wave.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Re: DC Classics wave 19
« Reply #1 on: June 1, 2011, 09:09 AM »
I wish that was a Morpheus Sandman.  :-[
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline drewlam

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 7, 2011, 10:26 PM »
Not a bad wave, and definitely better then waves 17 & 18 (though I really want that Anti-Monitor).  Magog isn't really my cup of tea, but he's still a nice addition.  The only figure I could do without is the Hawkman.  He's accurate as a GA Hawkman, but do we really need him when the design is so similar?

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2011, 12:04 PM »
Pretty nice wave, and as always the figures look very well done.  Nothing that I'm overly excited about I guess though.  Although I've been reading comics enough now to pretty much know all the characters that are coming out, I just don't have enough of a connection to many of these to care enough to put down $16-$18 each.  I get the appeal of the Golden Age stuff, and I'm mainly familiar with Stargirl and STRIPE from the JLU cartoon (I mean I know who they are otherwise too, but haven't ever "read" them).  If there had been a Jay Garrick Flash included, I would have definitely gone for that though.  Still, nice wave, just not my cup of tea really - which is fine, it is ok to save the money.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2011, 11:36 AM »
I will pick up Sandman but the wave really is a big pass for me. Between the price, lack of interest in the BAF, and the figure selection as of late, i am buying 1 figure per wave. Although is wave 20 rumors are true that will change.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2011, 08:54 PM »
Well for 50% off, i picked up whatever Target had. Sandman, Magog, and Hawkman. I will try to hit up a few more Targets this week to put the BAF together. At half off i am cool with buying them.

Offline drewlam

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 1, 2011, 06:45 PM »
Just opened my wave 19 (like 10 mins ago).  I'm not a bit JSA fan, but I know them well enough that I figured they will do a good job of rounding out the DCUC collection.  19 waves in I've got most of the figures.  I've only skipped on a few, and have signed up for the subscription.  I have to say though, although the subscription will have oversize figures, I'll miss being able to build them  :)