Author Topic: Star Wars Transformers  (Read 37952 times)

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Star Wars Transformers
« Reply #105 on: December 16, 2009, 06:04 PM »
I reluctantly picked up the repainted tan AAT and grey V-Wing at WM a few nights ago.  I saw them previously at TRU but didn't pull the trigger then.

Ya these things are like pulling teeth for me if/when I finally decide a purchase is warrented.  I got the blue AAT which I've only seen at retail twice and the Magnaguardfighter as of the last few months.  Wish this line would just go away personally.  Obviously there's only 2 people on this site that collect these so that has to tell you something.  I don't even transform these things - just using the crossover line to make up for the lack of Action Fleet. 
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline JayDouble

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Let The Wookie Win!
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: January 5, 2010, 02:26 PM »
Saw some value packs at Target today.  One was Darth Vader's Tie/Obi Wan Starfighter and the other was Droid Fighter/Anakin Starfighter.

Offline The Stolen CCG License

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: January 7, 2010, 11:29 PM »
Ya these things are like pulling teeth for me if/when I finally decide a purchase is warrented.  I got the blue AAT which I've only seen at retail twice and the Magnaguardfighter as of the last few months.  Wish this line would just go away personally.  Obviously there's only 2 people on this site that collect these so that has to tell you something.  I don't even transform these things - just using the crossover line to make up for the lack of Action Fleet. 

I have a few around the house, too.  They are absolutely huge on the birthday party scene.  The kids aren't too keen on them, but I guess I've had some fun futzing with them while I'm watching TV here and there.   :shrug:

For a bunch of lame backpack transformations, it's amazing how impossible it is to handle the newer ones without them popping into a million amputated bits and pieces.  If I was more motivated, I'd customize up some sturdier joints - but, really, why bother? 

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: February 9, 2010, 07:37 PM »
Looks like the Twilight and the CW Y-Wing are starting to hit retail.  These two - I want for some reason.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: August 15, 2010, 05:11 PM »
Not that anyone cares, but the Republic Tank & Xandu Blood are swimming around out there.  These things (outside of the vehicle modes mostly) are looking more and more horrid with every wave IMO.  Can we just please have Action Fleet back already?   ::)

Offline King_Maul

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: September 20, 2010, 09:13 PM »
The local TJ Maxx had 3 repainted/retooled head transformers that I had to pick up at $7.99 each - Obi-Wan Kenobi/Red Jedi Starfighter, Anakin Skywalker/CW Y-Wing and Cad Bane/Xanadu Blood.  I'm glad I never saw these at retail at full price.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: January 9, 2011, 04:02 PM »
Saw the Venator a few times today.  Wow...This thing is smaller than a $9 dlx Transformer.  I honestly think I'm done with these things.

Offline King_Maul

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: January 10, 2011, 11:35 AM »
I've seen it once with packaging pretty messed up at WM about a week ago.  It looked very underwhelming.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: May 31, 2011, 02:51 PM »
I no longer collect this line, but the Anakin/Venator/Vader/SD quadformer looks kinda nifty.  I guess this was at Toy Fair?  I dunno, but I guess it's $45.