Author Topic: 2011 "Vintage" Collection Wave 3.5 - Wedge!  (Read 23922 times)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
I guess it does make sense since he's supposed to be about Luke's height, but damn I don't care for that sculpt.  Looks too stubby or something, especially compared to the Snowspeeder Luke sculpt.  Maybe I'm being too picky though.

Offline 501ST

• Jedi Initiate
  • Deus Ex Machina
    • View Profile
I guess it does make sense since he's supposed to be about Luke's height, but damn I don't care for that sculpt.  Looks too stubby or something, especially compared to the Snowspeeder Luke sculpt.  Maybe I'm being too picky though.

Not really being too picky at all.

Time for the product to be better given it's not cheap.
A bank is a place that will lend you money if you can prove that you don't need it.

Bob Hope

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
I hope they re-use Snowspeeder Luke now to get us a SS Wedge.

That's why I bought an extra Dack.

Same here.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline darth broem 2

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Yeah, I want that Wedge badly.  I don't want to buy a whole case just to get him though.  I have low hopes of actually seeing him at retail.  We'll see though.  I finally saw the Endor Capture Luke cardback and some numbnuts had bent the corners on two that were hanging on the shelves.  I can't believe some idiots still do that crap but they do  ::)

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
So Wedge is apparently out in stores now, according to JTA, but they did not mention which store so I have no idea where to start hunting this. Has anyone on the West Coast seen it yet? He's already on eBay too, for a ridiculously inflated premium.

I'm buying every one of this dude that I see!
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline warinthefloor

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
If the revision is showing I need to be on the hunt because I never saw wicket and would like a couple more Piggies

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Has anyone actually found Wedge? I cant.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
Has anyone actually found Wedge? I cant.

Only dudes on otheR Sites apparently.

I have seen none of the tell-tale leftovers from that wave - Ackbar, Gammos, etc around here at all.

I can sort of see why people are freaking out over it, Wave 7 is already hitting now, and peg space is at an all time low it seems.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
Re: Wedge Antilles
« Reply #23 on: June 9, 2011, 11:33 AM »
Anyone found Wedge in a store?  ???

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
I'm guessing that Wedge is getting some scalpers back into the fray as I've noticed an increase in interest in SW at the stores over the last week or so. The regular WH guy who usually couldn't give a crap is starting to make it a point to make it to the SW section before I do and random people who I've never seen before are making a dash to the SW section. Good thing there's not been anything new  yet.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Wedge Antilles
« Reply #25 on: June 17, 2011, 02:18 PM »
Anyone found Wedge in a store?  ???

Surely in these Dark Times that'd be an impossible thing to do. :(
« Last Edit: June 17, 2011, 02:19 PM by Jabba the Slug »
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline darth punkinhed

• Jedi Initiate
  • You did what? With who's cow? For a FF Weequay?
    • View Profile
The wave 3 rev.11 case is back up for order on the Entertainment Earth site. I doubt this is ever going to show up at retail, at least in any volume at this point and in my area. I searched for weeks and never found any of it. My local Target has not stocked any TVC in over a month and the others in my area have rarely put anything out, they're just not getting anything. Walmart isn't doing much better. I finally broke down and hit up TRU and was lucky enough to get Logray but passed on the rest of the wave as they all had banged up bubbles and figured I'd leave the RFT's for others. I talked to the guy there and he hadn't seen any of wave 3 come back through since it originally shipped.
The most prized possession of my entire star wars collection is my Sega Trilogy Special Edition Pinball Machine.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #27 on: June 18, 2011, 12:28 AM »
I can't say I'm looking particularly hard for Wedge, but I know I also haven't seen him anywhere either.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 18, 2011, 09:03 AM »
Well, I know all those ones showing up on eBay aren't just from online sellers. Dude is out there somewhere. But ya, I've pretty much given up. It's been over 6 weeks now since I bought a new SW toy, don't see that changing anytime soon either.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
I'm guessing that Wedge is getting some scalpers back into the fray as I've noticed an increase in interest in SW at the stores over the last week or so. The regular WH guy who usually couldn't give a crap is starting to make it a point to make it to the SW section before I do and random people who I've never seen before are making a dash to the SW section. Good thing there's not been anything new  yet.

I have noticed this too - especially at TRU on the truck days - there are more folks interested in the SW section lately, and so far, there hasn't been anything to be had.

The other unfortunately thing that happened at the TRU I can easily be at for opening is that an assistant manager from another store who was notorious for selling stuff out the back to scalpers has been transferred to this store. So I can't help but think that the reason that this store has NEVER gotten in the latest vintage or clone wars waves may be because of him.  >:(
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!