Author Topic: Possible Line Re-Launch to Coincide with BluRay Release?  (Read 7583 times)

Online Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: Possible Line Re-Launch to Coincide with BluRay Release?
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2011, 11:47 AM »
I wonder if Hasbro will tease us with any of the TPM 3D product at SDCC?

They have to tease us at SDCC.  If they wait until Toy Fair, it'll be too late.  Toy Fair 2012 is the same weekend that TPM3D opens.  Kind of pointless to show it off then, because it would already have to be in stores to have any impact when the movie hits.

Given Hasbro's penchant for getting movie stuff out 1-2 months ahead of the movie, I'd say those folks guessing that the TPM stuff will hit with the post-Christmas January reset are probably right on the money...

I guess I totally forgot TPM comes out in February, I was thinking it was going to be in May... :-X
"This is the way."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2011, 01:57 PM »
You and your nostalgia.  ::)  ;)

I think LFL is probably aiming for a weekend they may not have as much competition to relaunch the films in 3-D.  At least that was my guess on the February date anyway.  ???
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2011, 04:39 AM »
 The fact that there's already a new packaging sample ready to be used around February when the film is re-released doesn't exactly bode well for TVC. Hasbro said TVC would last until at least 2012. I would think that the last TVC wave hits around late December/early January 2012 and then the line get rebooted in late January/early February.
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"