Author Topic: SDCC 2011  (Read 46857 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: SDCC 2011
« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2011, 01:58 PM »
I'm curious to see what, if any, 2012 teases they show.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Matt R.

• Jedi Padawan
  • I got nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2011, 04:25 PM »
I think they will show TPM group (new Maul, Jar Jar, Ratts, etc.) , Tarkin for sure.  maybe they will show the new Weequay Skiff Guard and the realistic CW figures and the deleted scenes figure (like ROTJ Luke).  They will show great stuff.  Here stuff I would like to know at SDCC.

Ewoks battle Pack (have they figure out how to get them out)
if Wedge will get to be in more cases ?
hopefully Gamorrean Guard in Legends in 2012
the next BMF
The reason for lack of TVC at retailers.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2011, 12:50 PM »
Pre-Preview night pictures are starting to hit the 'net... from SuperHeroHype.  Hopefully the hotlinking will work...

Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2011, 01:07 PM »
Awesome, I am all about some early peaks.

On the exploded view, the shelf above the Vehicle 2 pack is the Blu-Ray figure packs, so nothing new and exciting yet.

And the Vehcile Pack looks to have the Silver "R" of the TRU exclusive type.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2011, 01:29 PM »
Yes, this set was listed in an overseas TRU computer so it's more of a confirmation than "new".  Seems to be TRU's Ultimate Battle Pack for this year (like the CW Slave 1 set last year) - X-Wing, Luke, R2, Vader's TIE, and Vader.  Not anything to get too excited about just yet...

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2011, 01:31 PM »
Does R2 (in the Trench Run set) look like the battle damaged one from the first Droidfactory 2 packs to anyone else???
« Last Edit: July 20, 2011, 01:39 PM by Jayson »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2011, 01:33 PM »
Does R2 look like the battle damaged one from the first Droidfactory 2 packs to anyone else???

The R2 from the shot of the figures on the top shelf?  I got the feeling that those might be the figures from the DVD 4-packs.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #22 on: July 20, 2011, 01:39 PM »
Does R2 look like the battle damaged one from the first Droidfactory 2 packs to anyone else???

The R2 from the shot of the figures on the top shelf?  I got the feeling that those might be the figures from the DVD 4-packs.

No, the R2 with the DS Trench set.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 20, 2011, 01:46 PM »
I think we might have to wait for some better images to determine that.  As for the set, I wonder if they've re-done the cockpit in the Vader TIE?

Also, this seems to be an indication that there's going to be a REVENGE variant of Vader

« Last Edit: July 20, 2011, 01:50 PM by Nicklab »

Feedback

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #24 on: July 20, 2011, 01:54 PM »
Also, this seems to be an indication that there's going to be a REVENGE variant of Vader

The fact that he's in the SDCC mega-pack is a pretty good sign too.  :P

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #25 on: July 20, 2011, 01:55 PM »
I was thinking the same thing about the R2, Jayson, by what looks to be opened panels on him or something.  Surprising how they crammed that stuff in that box.  Doesn't look all that large, and also doesn't appear to slap people with something new they were hoping for like a Death Star Turret or something.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Matt R.

• Jedi Padawan
  • I got nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 20, 2011, 02:51 PM »
Trench Run pack is cool but I have both so no biggie... unless they mod both the cockpits. still a pass

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #27 on: July 20, 2011, 02:59 PM »
Trench Run pack is cool but I have both so no biggie... unless they mod both the cockpits. still a pass

I smell a new head on Luke too. I think the cockpit mods are very probible, it that is the case I am in.
The package looks really nice and sells the product even without seeing good shots. If the package formet has more of that look that would help sales, it make it look more exciting.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 20, 2011, 03:05 PM »

The fact that he's in the SDCC mega-pack is a pretty good sign too.  :P

Silly me.

All in all it's a slightly underwhelming first look.  I'm sure we'll see some more in a few hours. 

Security for the SDCC floor is relatively tight, and exhibitor badges are the only thing that will get you on the floor before Preview Night kicks off.  Those are tough to come by.  I managed to get one for SDCC coverage a couple of years ago and wound up pretty surprised by just how much I was able to photograph before the crowds came in for Preview Night.  I am very surprised to see that Superherohype was able to get in THIS early.  But unless we see a SW fan site get in early I think we won't see anything appreciable until about 8-10 PM ET tonight.

SDCC in person really is something impressive, and seeing it firsthand is the only way to completely grasp just how massive of an event it's become.  Almost all of the exhibitor booths are being built and setup right until the moment the doors open.  And word has been filtering in that some people already started lining up outside the convention center as early as Monday.

I also continue to be astounded by the fact that they're still managing to stay in San Diego.  When I went in 2009 I heard that there were an estimated 200,000 people in town for Comic Con.  It's a great city and I would definitely visit there some time other than Comic Con.  But the Con seems to be outgrowing the facility.  There's been talk of moving to another city, but San Diego seems committed to expanding to meet the growth of Comic Con.  LA seems to be contending for the Con, since so many movies are being promoted at the show.  But only Las Vegas may  have a big enough convention center and accomodations to host the show.

Feedback

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 20, 2011, 04:04 PM »
Yes, this set was listed in an overseas TRU computer so it's more of a confirmation than "new".  Seems to be TRU's Ultimate Battle Pack for this year (like the CW Slave 1 set last year) - X-Wing, Luke, R2, Vader's TIE, and Vader.  Not anything to get too excited about just yet...

I don't shop overseas, so I must have ignored that part.