Author Topic: LEGO 2010  (Read 40836 times)

Offline Keonobi

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: LEGO 2010
« Reply #60 on: August 30, 2010, 11:23 AM »
I got the Wampa set at Goodwill over the weekend.  I think the local Targets donate items that don't sell at clearance or are damaged by customers to Goodwill as in the past I've seen a number of LEGO sets there, but ones that had been opened.  At first I was going to pass on the set, because I expected that baggies had been opened or were missing.  But box hadn't been resealed/taped, so I could check that all three bags were intact and inside (also the little bag with just the Wampa).  It was missing the instructions, but I found them online.  So I got the $40 set for $20.   :)
I am not the Stig

Offline 77Skywalker

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 12, 2010, 10:59 PM »
Slave 1 looks good however Boba Fett's Jetpack looks like Jango Fett's Second Jetpack.

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #62 on: September 29, 2010, 10:51 PM »
I like many of these sets, but haven't been buying SW Lego too often lately.  I've been more into the CITy stuff with my boys, and we got some of the Prince of Persia sets.

I'm bothered by the fact that there are no little SW sets this year. 
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Keonobi

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 30, 2010, 08:52 AM »
^^ Do you mean the mini sets where you make an X-Wing from 20 pieces and its an inch long, or do you mean small sets like army builder packs?
I am not the Stig

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #64 on: October 5, 2010, 02:13 AM »
I think that's what he meant, the little inch long ship kits, which I too loved to buy at the holidays like Halloween and Easter.  They, for some dumb reason, gave me a lot of joy, even if I didn't actively pursue getting all of them.  :-\
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Keonobi

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 5, 2010, 09:33 AM »
Yeah, I've picked up a bunch at Target over the last few years.

I was in KMart the other day with my son.  They've had one of last year's sets on the clearance isle for a month or two (its the one with Han on a TaunTaun, a couple Rebels and two Snowtroopers), but never quite cheap enough where I was willing to bite (I already had the set, but I could use a couple more troops and Luke needs a TaunTaun too...).  So I scanned the price ($15 something...) and my son HAD to have the set.  He's not big into LEGO, so I tried to show him a few other things he might want instead (Imaginext plane or a Megablocks Dora set...), but he had to have the LEGO Star Wars set.

I had a hard time convincing my Wife that it really was my son's decision, but I couldn't help but be proud!
I am not the Stig

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 25, 2010, 07:40 PM »
Picked up the Emperor's Shuttle for roughly $30 after the sale and the $20 in giftcards I had at TRU.  I think all I want/need now is a good deal on the AT-AT and Cad Bane's Speeder set at Target then I'm set for the next round.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 3, 2010, 05:58 PM »
I was at WM today and taking a look at that Landspeeder set that's been tempting me for awhile, and noticed they had another one of those "MIDI" scale sets (like last year's Falcon).  It was a Star Destroyer set, and although I certainly don't follow LEGO super closely, I hadn't heard of it/seen it before.  I was wondering if this and the Falcon were the only two done in this "scale" so far?  I've always wanted to get into the LEGO sets, and really don't have the space or money to get the larger sets, so I thought this scale might be a way to go (especially if there is only one or two a year).  Anyways, I was pretty happy with the Falcon last year, and thought it was nicely done.  Just passing it along for anyone interested (EDIT: it is on Wal-Mart.com
« Last Edit: November 3, 2010, 06:00 PM by Brian »

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 3, 2010, 07:44 PM »
I was wondering if this and the Falcon were the only two done in this "scale" so far?

Correct.  These are the only 2 midi-scale LEGO ships thus far.  I bought the Falcon last year when it was on sale for $25 since I didn't have any other versions of the ship.  I would have picked up this SD on sale for $32 which is normally $40, but I already have the 6211 set, not the big UCS mind you.  My rule with LEGO is to only buy 1 (if any) of any given SW vehicle - no matter the size except for those lil mini bagged sets at Target around Easter or whenever.  Those are always welcome.  Kinda glad I didn't get into this stuff till 07-08...it's really an extra added burden on the collecting dollars, but they make great toys.
« Last Edit: November 3, 2010, 07:52 PM by iFett »
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Keonobi

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 13, 2011, 09:47 AM »
My local WM was clearing out their very old LEGO sets and I picked up the Clone Walker battlepack for $5.50.  50% discount is pretty good for WM.

I also bought the motorized AT-AT at the local Goodwill for $35.  I guess it was a donated item, as opposed to overstock from a local store, as the instructions had some wear & tear and a couple pieces were missing.  It didn't have the snowtrooper, General Veers or Speeder-Luke and was missing a piece from a cheek gun and another from one of the feet.  I had similar or exact replacements for both in my loose LEGO collection from when I was little.  I have extra snowtroopers, Lukes and probably Veers from battlepacks, etc. I've picked up other times.

Both of my sons (2&4) LOVE the walking action!  They got such a big kick out of it when I was finally done building the set.  A great way to spend a snow day!
I am not the Stig