Author Topic: SDCC/TRU Star Wars: Republic Commando Figure Set  (Read 32535 times)

Offline JediMoses

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: SDCC/TRU Star Wars: Republic Commando Figure Set
« Reply #45 on: August 5, 2011, 10:09 PM »
TRU.com has the SDCC Commandos back in stock.  Free shipping on 2.

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 6, 2011, 01:27 PM »
So much for TRU.com's "Email me when this item is available" button.  Oh well, I'm sure it will show up in stores soon enough (along with the "TRU Tax" applied to it after about a week of being on the shelf). 

For those of you who have this set, are the shoulders ball-jointed this time around?  I know the knees and ankles are supposedly ball-jointed, but hadn't heard anybody comment on the shoulders yet. 

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #47 on: August 8, 2011, 08:22 PM »
Got this today, and it's all kinds of cool.  My only gripe, and since there's a number of re-used parts I think it's fair, is that Hasbro easily could've done a modular blaster just as they have in the game, and put it into the pack so each soldier had a sniper rifle/blaster/grenade launcher attachment. It's incredibly simple really, and the Scorch blaster is already partway there to being modular anyway.

It would've been the "extra mile" they could've done to make it really special.  Ditch the Geo even, for the updated weaponry true to the characters/game.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #48 on: August 9, 2011, 10:42 AM »
I picked this set up this past weekend and I have very mixed feelings about it. I honestly lean towards the 2006 set more because of the more bulky armor and the black lining around the visors.
Did Scorch have black armor or gray? I am not digging the black armor. I am not sure what set to get rid of.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #49 on: August 9, 2011, 10:53 AM »
I honestly lean towards the 2006 set more

Thank you for saying that.  Another piece of evidence to help me rationalize skipping this set and saving S40. ;)
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #50 on: August 9, 2011, 12:21 PM »
Depends on how you look at Scorch more, but for me the ability to actually pose them is nice.  I'll deal with any possible inconsistancies on the armor deco then, but he looks good to me.

My old set, the figures fell easily and I had to heat/cool the feet so they were more stable.  Which worked, but having the ability to do as I please with them is more fun.  I've got them in a now much more realistic pose on my desk.

The armor is pretty accurate though...  The RC's wear a heavier/bulkier armor to other Clones, so that's not really a bad thing, if you're looking at it from an accuracy standpoint.

They cut out some accessories like Scorch's ammo on his thigh, and Sev's ankle device, but nothing major and nothing I can't ultimately steal from the other figures to give to the new ones.

I find the colors more vibrant on these than the old set, and the guns are decoed better, but that's about it in difference in deco IMO.  The poseability won me over.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 9, 2011, 02:21 PM »
Saw this pack and the KOTOR pack today.  I made a choice and only bought the KOTOR set.  I just didn't feel like spending $80 at TRU today.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 9, 2011, 03:39 PM »
Saw this pack and the KOTOR pack today.  I made a choice and only bought the KOTOR set.  I just didn't feel like spending $80 at TRU today.

Do you mean the TFU set?
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 9, 2011, 04:33 PM »
Yup.  Now I'm mixing up my EU video game titles?  It is definitely time for a vacation.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 9, 2011, 06:43 PM »
Yup.  Now I'm mixing up my EU video game titles?  It is definitely time for a vacation.

No worries - for a second there you got my hopes up that I missed the news at that we were also getting a KOTOR box set, I'd LOVE for them to give us some more characters from those two games!
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #55 on: August 9, 2011, 08:38 PM »
Nah, Hasbro said they're wrapping up RC and TFU so they can move onto TOR now, so KOTOR seems just as unlikely to get much unless it's overlapping into TOR.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 10, 2011, 10:28 AM »
Nah, Hasbro said they're wrapping up RC and TFU so they can move onto TOR now, so KOTOR seems just as unlikely to get much unless it's overlapping into TOR.

Yeah - I know, wishful thinking on my part really...
Peter

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #57 on: August 10, 2011, 07:26 PM »
I'd like some too, so I'm with you on it.  I'd love a chromey Sith Trooper, a Republic Trooper, and a couple of the main party characters from KOTOR1 before they totally move on.   Rep and SIth officers wouldn't hurt either.  :-\  It's so old now though, and TOR is probably going to date it even more, so just probably a pipe dream.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 11, 2011, 09:01 PM »
Had an interview on the other side of town and made a stop at a nearby TRU I never go to. They had two of each set (RC and TFU) and I ended up getting the RC set since I never got the original. I also only have one Geonosian, so it was kind of a no-brainer for me. TFU set was enticing though...
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline TheSon

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 4, 2011, 08:24 PM »
This is now in stock again online at tru.com in case anyone is interested.