Author Topic: CW Mandalorian Troop Shuttle  (Read 69789 times)

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
Re: CW Mandalorian Troop Shuttle
« Reply #75 on: July 18, 2012, 08:10 AM »
This is what to consider...  if packaging isn't your big buggaboo, you're likely to see this thing again.  Hasbro said as much at SDCC, that they do want to get this back out...  be it an exclusive, or a repack, or whatever. 

One thing about Hasbro...  they hate wasting a tooling once they have it.  Things like Malak/Revan are rare occurances in modern collecting, and even those I suspect we shall see again, in some form, and they'll kill the secondary market.

Packing is my thing which is why I stopped at scoring one of these in US packaging. Beyond that, when it comes to having one to open, I'm just going to wait for the re-release that Hasbro promised.

If it never comes before the line ends, well, I'm sure at that point there will still be multi-lingual versions out there and like all things with this line - once the hype around an item dies down, the price seems to level off to a reasonable level as well...
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 18, 2012, 09:35 AM »
That sucks, Jman...sorry to hear about all that. I do a lot of eBaying and stories like that always make me shudder. There are so many dirtbags out there it seems.

Like Pete, I was fine with just getting the one US version for my packaged collection. I have no real desire to get one of these things to open, so if it never comes out again it makes no difference to me. It'd be nice for those that are waiting it out though.

I just hope one day we see more TCW Class II vehicles, like the Trandoshan skiff or Trident Squid Drill.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 19, 2012, 11:51 AM »
I just want this ship, loose and on display.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 19, 2012, 12:23 PM »
Did any site bring this up with Hasbro at the SDCC q&a sessions?
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #79 on: July 19, 2012, 01:07 PM »
It came up in the Q&A at the end of the presentation - From Jesse's notes during the presentation:  "Small numbers on the Mandalorian Transport... Want to re-release."

GH had this in their wrap-up: "Vehicles like the Mandalorian Attack Shuttle will eventually be released again, albeit in updated packaging current to the new line."
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 20, 2012, 12:51 PM »
I'm pretty sure I heard them also say "definitely not this year" as well...

Not to mention the fact that things for the Class II vehicle line aren't good overall, so it also has a chance of coming out as an exclusive vehicle release as well.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 20, 2012, 02:32 PM »
That sucks, Jman...sorry to hear about all that. I do a lot of eBaying and stories like that always make me shudder. There are so many dirtbags out there it seems.

Thanks Metal.  My story actually has a happy ending.  I did finally get in touch with the guy - he was away at SDCC and was trying to secure 2 more of these for me on his trip.  When he got back mid-week, he credited by account in full and even offered me a $50 credit on his other auctions.  Not sure if I'm going to bother given all the hassle I just went through, but happy to have at least gotten my money back.  From now on, I'll be sure to file a claim within 30 days no matter what, since your options are pretty limited after that.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 11, 2012, 02:34 PM »
It sounds like GH confirmed with Hasbro reps at NYCC that the Mandalorian Shuttle will NOT be re-appearing in 2013 on toy shelves.

No surprise to me, given the push for the wee vehicles next year, but disappointing nonetheless. I still think this would have been excellent fodder for a UBP to support the upcoming Mando-centric episodes of the show this season.

Just glad I got mine in the English packaging because those things are even more impossible to find now.

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: October 11, 2012, 07:12 PM »
I expect to see that shuttle reissued when the ARC Trooopers Battle Pack is reissued. Never of next never.

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #84 on: October 25, 2012, 11:44 PM »
TRU has shrink-wrapped vehicle 2-packs hitting stores and reports are that the Mandalorian Assault Transport is mixed in there along with the AV-7 cannon, various Jedi Starfighters, V-19, Xanadau Blood, and Droid Gunship.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #85 on: October 26, 2012, 12:08 AM »
Boy a Mando shuttle and cannon would be swell.

Saw neither! :)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: October 26, 2012, 12:16 AM »
TRU has shrink-wrapped vehicle 2-packs hitting stores and reports are that the Mandalorian Assault Transport is mixed in there along with the AV-7 cannon, various Jedi Starfighters, V-19, Xanadau Blood, and Droid Gunship.

Sweet.  Any idea on price point?  I'd pick up the Mando with a spare ship I think.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #87 on: October 26, 2012, 12:19 AM »
I read over at BanthaSkull that they are $39.99
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: October 26, 2012, 09:12 AM »
Is there a unique UPC for these 2-packs? Are they all just random assortments? Are all TRU stores getting them or just a select few?

Screw it, i'm leaving work now to be there when they open, another Mando shuttle for that price would make my whole year.

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: October 26, 2012, 10:55 AM »
i am about to run over there - wish me luck!