Author Topic: Hasbro List Of Cancelled Toys :(  (Read 9196 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Hasbro List Of Cancelled Toys :(
« on: October 30, 2013, 07:23 PM »
Sorry Scott, Matt, Jeff, me...  everyone.  :'(

Hasbro Site List Of Cancelled Indiana Jones Line Toys

Tux Indy, Marcus Brody, Dietrich...  You name it, you pretty much could've counted on it.  :(  We were told of a lot of these, but some of them were surprises to me actually...  Like the Vogel/German Guard, and the Willie Scott Deluxe figure...  The Punjab Rifleman was a huge shock to me when I saw that.  That one hurt.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Hasbro List Of Cancelled Toys :(
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2013, 07:35 PM »
The Punjab Rifleman was the one that made me think "Hey, maybe some of these weren't revealed". Odd that the boat captain (Panaka? Kantanga? whatever) wasn't on the list, since I believe prototypes of that figure surfaced.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2013, 08:01 PM »
Not on the list, but surfaced as well, was the "German Sergeant" who fought Indy in the truck...  His hardcopy sold to a customizer who cranked out casts of it in flesh tone to people.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2013, 08:29 PM »
Well thats pretty depressing.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2013, 09:50 PM »
Did the "lost wave" of Indy figures that was sold as a SDCC exclusive two years back not do well or something?

Seems to me that if these were tooled, they could have kept doing those kinds of 6-packs for a while based on that list.

I wonder if they would ever consider enlisting Amazon to sell a 6-pack of Indiana Jones figures in the same way that Amazon is now selling the Droid Factory 6-pack?

Either that or they're holding them back in hopes that Indiana Jones 5 eventually comes out and they can trot out all of the figures they developed as a way of making the line more robust.

If we never get any of those, it will certainly be a shame.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2013, 10:38 PM »
The SDCC set sold out, but it wouldn't be fair to compare that to a normal mass-market item. It definitely had a small run, I'm guessing quite a bit smaller than even the current Amazon exclusives. The Lost Wave was also farther along in production (it was Wave 5, correct?) so there was an existing investment in sculpting. Additional sets would probably cost more for Hasbro to make (depending on how far along in the process figures were) while at the same time becoming bigger gambles (too many Indys? too obscure background guys?).

At this point Indy 5 would be the best chance for another figure line. I really hope that does come to fruition. I actually liked Crystal Skull *ducks for cover*, and I'd like to think that Hasbro is better equipped to handle a movie line like Indy now.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2013, 11:37 PM »
And those Indy sets do NOT sell for massive bucks...  They really don't fly out of dealer's hands.  Just check Ebay.  You're almost further breaking them up really.

I think without a property backing it, Indy stuff isn't likely...

But a Punjab Rifleman?  Holy **** people.

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2013, 08:33 AM »
Zombie Indy?

The only thing I can think of for that is when Indy was possessed, for lack of a better word, by Mola Ram.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2013, 05:44 PM »
The Punjab Rifleman was the one that made me think "Hey, maybe some of these weren't revealed". Odd that the boat captain (Panaka? Kantanga? whatever) wasn't on the list, since I believe prototypes of that figure surfaced.

Could've been planned for a comic pack. Not sure what comic pack figures surfaced besides a "masked" bandanna wearing Indy.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2013, 07:49 PM »
Zombie Indy?

The only thing I can think of for that is when Indy was possessed, for lack of a better word, by Mola Ram.

I think that's it Mike...  There was a 2 pack of him and Willie listed too which makes me think deluxe set planned too maybe.

I wish a Katanga had been listed because that might've pushed me over the edge to quitting this hobby.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2013, 08:02 PM »
Got to be this:

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #11 on: November 1, 2013, 09:31 AM »
Got to be this:

No, Zombie Indy was supposed to be a sneak preview figure from Indiana Jones 5.
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."