Author Topic: Indy on Blu-ray!  (Read 15173 times)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Indy on Blu-ray!
« on: July 7, 2011, 08:52 PM »
While looking at the updated pictures of the Star Wars Blu Ray set, it got me to thinking when Indy would be on the radar.  After we get this SW mega set, the Indy "OT" is really my biggest want as far as blu rays go.  I didn't think we had heard any news on it yet, but I just caught this line in the Star Wars SDCC info:

5:00-6:00 2011-2012: The Golden Age of Blu-ray?—With such titles as Star Wars, Lord of the Rings, Ben-Hur, Jurassic Park, Jaws, Citizen Kane, Lawrence of Arabia, Titanic, and Raiders of the Lost Ark on the way, could this be Blu-ray's Golden Age? Panelists Bill Hunt, Adam Jahnke, and Todd Doogan of The Digital Bits.com, along with BD producers Charles de Lauzirika (Transformers: Dark of the Moon, The Amazing Spider-Man, Prometheus, Crave) and Cliff Stephenson (Rambo, The Expendables, Crank 2, Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance), Warner Home Video's George Feltenstein (senior vice president, theatrical catalog marketing) and othere discuss the subject, hold Q&A, and offer giveaways. Room 5AB

I don't know if that is an announcement that I missed, or if it just slipped through, but reading that it looks as if Raiders of the Lost Ark is at least planned for BD release sometime soon.  If that is the case, maybe they are releasing them one at a time, instead of in box set form (for some reason).

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
Re: Indy on Blu Ray?
« Reply #1 on: September 8, 2011, 01:07 PM »
Maybe this cut scene will show up on there someday...
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2011, 12:56 PM »
From The Digital Bits

At last night's L.A. Times/Hero Complex screening of Raiders of the Lost Ark in Los Angeles, director Steven Spielberg confirmed that the Indiana Jones films are "coming soon" to Blu-ray, but only when producer George Lucas is ready. Spielberg would apparently like that to be within 6 months, while Lucas is apparently on more of a 12-month schedule. [Editor's Note: Our industry sources continue to tell us to look for the release in the 2nd half of 2012, as part of Paramount's 100th studio anniversary celebration.] The print that was shown last night was the digital restoration that will be used for the Blu-ray, and it apparently looks terrific. Spielberg reportedly made a point of noting that nothing has been tampered with in the film and there's no added dialogue, which drew some laughs from the crowd for obvious reasons. It's not yet decided if the set will include all four films in the series or just the unreleased trilogy. Star Harrison Ford was also on hand at the event as a guest and said he'd be up for doing a 5th Indy film as long as his character "isn't going to Mars" (which drew more laughs as you can imagine). Talks for a sequel are apparently under way.

As big as they are on anniversaries, it's weird that they did Star Wars this year instead of next (it's 35th), and didn't do Raiders this year (it's 30th).

And it's not Indy, but this deserves mentioning, too.

Spielberg also confirmed again that E.T. is coming to Blu-ray from Universal in 2012, but likely only the original theatrical cut. He asked the audience if they'd care if the "new" version wasn't on the Blu-ray, which generated a big "NO!" Spielberg acknowledged this and said he regrets making the changes he did for the DVD.

(It's 30th.)
« Last Edit: September 13, 2011, 01:03 PM by Matt »
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2011, 01:01 PM »
Spielberg really playing up Lucas fiddlign with his movies.  Funny.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2011, 03:01 PM »
Spielberg gets it.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2011, 03:19 PM »
You know the only change I'd ever like to see in Raiders would be for them to remove that wall of fire when Belloq's head explodes.
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2011, 04:19 PM »
Blasphemy!

I'd accept them digitally removing Indy's "RPG" and putting in something more period, though I've always figured that island they were on was sort of a place they tested experimental weapons too for some reason.

I was just wondering if BR Indy means maybe some toys.  I'd be interested in that.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2011, 05:00 PM »
Blasphemy!

Really?  I don't think so, considering it wasn't there originally and they only added it in to avoid an R rating.  It'd be better without it.

I was just wondering if BR Indy means maybe some toys.  I'd be interested in that.

They'll probably just gather up the remaining Mutt w/Snakes that are still over in the clearance aisle and put 'em over there by the Blu-rays.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2011, 07:13 PM »
Just poking fun at you accepting a change. :)

I'd be ok with it being removed too.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 29, 2012, 02:14 PM »
"The Complete Indiana Jones Blu-Ray Collection" arrives this fall...

http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/169743-the-complete-indiana-jones-blu-ray-collection-arrives-this-fall

More details to come the way it sounds.  I'm excited, this - along with E.T. - are really the last couple movies that I was hoping would get upgraded to BR to "complete the collection".  Looking forward to it.

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2012, 12:48 PM »

Which movie was Rosario Dawson in again?

And no Belloq. . .   :-\

Offline Qui-Gon Jim

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2012, 01:32 PM »
HAHAHAHAHA! 

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2012, 01:33 PM »
Also no Donovan, no Marcus...

Yet the float plane makes it.

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2012, 05:24 PM »
I love that it says: "The Complete Adventures" on it.  Aren't they thinking of doing #5?  And wouldn't that mean it should include Young Indy as well?

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2012, 06:46 PM »
I love that it says: "The Complete Adventures" on it.  Aren't they thinking of doing #5?  And wouldn't that mean it should include Young Indy as well?

I thought the same thing when I saw that - specifically around the fact that the Young Indy stuff isn't included for obvious reasons...

Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!