Author Topic: Sideshow 12" Chalmun's Cantina Environment  (Read 2923 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Sideshow 12" Chalmun's Cantina Environment
« on: July 12, 2011, 02:10 PM »

http://www.sideshowtoy.com/?page_id=35521

12" Chalmun's Cantina Environment teaser posted...

It's a neat dual way to display it, which is cool so it's not just a one-sided deal, but part of me wishes it were a tad more complete.  I'm sure it's not going to be cheap as it is though so they're keeping the cost down, but I love the outside with the Sandtroopers.  That's pretty slick.

It's hard for them to top Yoda's hut, but they seem to be trying.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline darth broem 2

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Re: Sideshow 12" Chalmun's Cantina Environment
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2011, 12:18 AM »
Yeah, their stuff is impressive.  I think the environments are a unique item, but in the end I just can't afford them.  That and my wife would slaughter me if I picked up this stuff.  And would anyone blame her?  Why did she kill him?  Because he kept charging $200-$300 Star Wars items and bankrupted them.  Ohhhhh, ok then.   ;D

Anyway that would be great with the Sandtroopers and Dewback.  I am sure a Ronto is right around the corner!  JK.

Offline EpicGon

• Jedi Padawan
  • The life so short, the craft so large to learn.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2011, 03:59 PM »
It is an enviroment near the Yoda Hut´s concept from Sideshow. Today companies sell enviroments to configure accurate dioramas. Looks that inside the arch of the enviroment is enough room for the 2 chairs, Han y Greedo 12 inches scale. 8)

Environment, Diorama and playset, very near concepts among them. Perhaps 2012 will be the time for Hasbro 3 3/4 environments (like potf2 FX conectable bases).

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2011, 08:46 PM »
http://www.sideshowtoy.com/?page_id=4489&sku=100047&ref=search&&100047

For sale...  Cool set, but I'm kind of disappointed at how some of the environment sets have turned out.  I don't like the chopped down nature of ones like this, or the arch for JP which I thought kinda sucked honestly.

It's neat, especially this one, but the Dagobah Hut was far superior.

I think if they made them so, if you were so inclined, you could add something to the sides and expand it, it'd be better.  As it stands, the half-circles and things make that much more difficult.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline darth broem 2

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2011, 11:04 PM »
I would be really interested to see if they end up making the distillery and the bar.  Add that to this piece and that's pretty damn great!  Of course I can't afford them but would still think it may happen sometime.