We will be seeing this new TFU set - see bottom of the back of the box

Nicklab:
Saw this earlier today at the otheR site.  It looks like the following lineup:

-Starkiller (cloaked)
-Darth Phobos
-EVO Trooper
-Jump Trooper
-Trooper TBD

I hope this time around Starkiller will actually look like Sam Witwer.

Jesse James:
Gotta say I'm more interested in the Commandoes than more TFU...  Their choices for another boxed set seem rather weak ultimately.  The Commandoes are what I was waiting for though, despite having to rebuy something I should ultimately already have and be content with.  :-\

Nicklab:
Hasbro's lineup for this box set (and to a lesser extent the RC set) makes it much more transparent that they're trying to keep costs down by repainting existing sculpts.  To that I give a loud and clear "BOOOOOOO!"  Especially since they're re-offering the EVO and Jump troopers AGAIN.  Why not reissue the Shadow Guard if you're going in that direction?  That figure was easily one of the more scarce offerings of the past 5 years.

They are, however, clearly trying to appeal to the video game generation of Star Wars fans.  I think that's an important direction for Hasbro to turn to in an effort to stay relavent.  But the fact that Hasbro has effectively done NOTHING for TFU II shows that they haven't been able to work effectively with LucasArts to market a line of video game based figures.  Is it Hasbro's reaction to getting burned by LucasArts because of the inordinate delays on the original Force Unleashed game, and the resulting delays for the figures they developed for that game?  Possibly.  Video games have been notorious for release delays.  But you would think that with a multi-million dollar licensing deal such as Hasbro has with Lucasfilm that SOMEHOW they would be able to work out the kinks on a release schedule for video game figures.

Scockery:
Yay, the Jump Trooper and Evo Trooper didn't do much for me the first two times. There's something too EU video-gamey about them (those shoulder pads for one), and Evo's elbow suck for two handed weapons poses. Maybe the other trooper is the one they pulled from last year, semi-transparent stormtrooper.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version