Author Topic: 2011 TRU Force Unleashed Box Set  (Read 50330 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: 2011 TRU Force Unleashed Box Set
« Reply #90 on: August 30, 2011, 10:52 PM »
I don't know...  It's hard to say that because we sort of look at it with rose colored glasses I think...

I mean, I'm sure it varies to by the employee, but I just look and see the "mom" there or the kid...  They probably hate their job, and if they're making more than minimum they're a rarity at the place.  I can't imagine it's hard to make it look sealed too.  I mean, It's just taped so taping over tape and hiding it isn't going to be hard.  I just don't expect much I guess and it's why I rarely go to "Customer Service" because the only service you get is blown off usually.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: August 30, 2011, 11:11 PM »
I worked at Target for 2 years.  I didn't hate my job...not sure where that comes from?  They teach you that the customer is always right, but I recall pushing back on customers a couple of times when I thought they were trying to screw the system.  Its kind of moot regardless, since retail isn't currently doing anything about it and doesn't seem to care.

Back on topic - I'm curious to know if people bought this and the Rep Squad set, or just one or the other?  I bought this one, but skipped the other....just couldn't bring myself to spend $80 combined.   :-\
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #92 on: August 30, 2011, 11:31 PM »
I'm sure there's plenty of nice people who are very helpful and happy they're working where they are, but I just think it's the exception and not the rule...  I worked different jobs in management for two companies right out of school, and in all the years I was with both, I found that the people who were "full time but cut just before 40 so they don't get benefits", and all while making minimum wage or barely above it, were pretty non-schelant about their jobs.

And like I say, I can't blame them...  For minimum wage, should you know the store inside out?  Should you know every item?

I'm sure it's not everyone, but there's also a high turn-over in retail stores too and I'm sure a lot of it is because the job's not really satisfactory for many, and they're looking to get better if they can find it. 

I just know when I try dealing with the CS desk at WM, it's like they're all over-medicated.  And I'd say at least 50% of the time I try returning something at Target it's like they feel they're doing me a favor instead of their job, and that I'm getting the cash back from their wallet instead of the drawer.  Kind of annoying, and doesn't seem like they're all that pleased to be there...  There are some bright spots though, for sure.  I've had some very nice people wait on me, but they just haven't been the majority by any means.

So it becomes easy to assume they're maybe not taking the extra care to determine if this trooper belongs in the set, or if that's Darth Rectus or a Pez Dispenser I guess.  :-\
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: August 31, 2011, 06:12 PM »
... were pretty non-schelant about their jobs.

It's "nonchalant". Unless they work on the planet Vulcan, then it's non-sehlat. (Uh-oh, making a Trek joke on a SW board is worse than correcting the webmaster's grammar!  :o)

I just know when I try dealing with the CS desk at WM, it's like they're all over-medicated.

They have to be to deal with typical Wal-Mart customers.

And I'd say at least 50% of the time I try returning something at Target it's like they feel they're doing me a favor instead of their job, and that I'm getting the cash back from their wallet instead of the drawer.  Kind of annoying, and doesn't seem like they're all that pleased to be there... 

A major reason I hate returning things. Those folks who just buy stuff willy-nilly only to return it because they changed their mind...I can't do that. 

Clerk (7 out of 10 times, a hot girl you could never get even if you were rich): "What's wrong with it?"

Me: "[Sweating nervousy] Uh....nothing...I bought it for someone who already had it"

Clerk: "Oh, okay...I'll need this person's phone number, and your signature IN BLOOD."

Me: "My blood or someone else's?"

Clerk: "This blood...[pulls out fully sanitized  commercial contract blood]"

Me: "Uh...maybe I'll keep the item..."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #94 on: August 31, 2011, 10:40 PM »
I'm not the webmaster...  not that it's important.  We're not really that anal about spelling around these parts to quote it and point it out either.  ;D

I'm sure WM shoppers will now all be offended by this thread as much as retail employees.

Can't say I run into too many girls at the CSR desks that I'm left fumbling with my words over their beauty, but I can see the situation too.  I do see some cute checkout line girls now and again.  Usually the CS desks I visit are staffed by older people at my Target/WM stores...  It doesn't change their lack of knowledge on anything but simply returning merchandise or calling management over to handle anything worse than that though.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2011, 10:45 PM by Jesse James »

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: August 31, 2011, 11:17 PM »
Did some posts get deleted?   ???
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #96 on: August 31, 2011, 11:38 PM »
I don't think so.

Offline darth_sidious

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: September 2, 2011, 09:53 AM »
I picked up this set recently, and while I like it - I cant believe we didnt get a Kazdan Paratus figure.  I'm so tired of troops, especially the EVO trooper in this set.  It sorta shocks me how they deny us characters like Kazdan, who we campaign for and give us characters we didnt even ask for...

Offline sargsidius

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: September 2, 2011, 10:10 AM »
I picked up both these at my local TRU. I think the Starkiller is awesome. The jump troopers accessories don't stay on. Darth Phobus is alright. I do like the new delta squads articulation.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #99 on: September 2, 2011, 01:17 PM »
I loved the RC's articulation upgrades as well...  Around here it's the harder set to find, which sort of surprises me on one hand but doesn't on the other.

I think TFU has run its course.  TFUII wasn't popular, and at this point I'm glad they're capping that series.

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: September 3, 2011, 03:38 AM »
I think TFU has run its course.  TFUII wasn't popular, and at this point I'm glad they're capping that series.

I wouldn't be surprised if we see a "TFUIII: We're Not Finished Yet!" within the next year.
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline darth_sidious

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: September 3, 2011, 08:18 AM »
I dont think TFUII was as interesting because the story had already been told, but didnt Hasbro already confirm TFUII figures for 2012 via the Q&A?  As I recall, they mentioned it as well as TOR when discussing video game figures for 2012...

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: September 3, 2011, 09:07 AM »
As much as I didn't like TFU2 as much as I liked TFU - I think they need to at least finish the story, obviously Darth Vader does not remain a prisoner of the Rebellion.

I really don't care if it's a game or a book or a graphic novel - something is needed to finish the story. I'd prefer a game, but that's just me.

If they weren't going to release a third chapter then they should have made it where the Dark Side ending was the canon ending, only instead of a perfect Dark Side clone appearing, Vader pulls the same move on you, that Palpatine pulled on Mace Windu ("power, unlimited power"), kills you, Juno and Kota, clearing the way for NONE of those characters to be around in the OT.

Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: September 3, 2011, 11:49 AM »
I just wish they would finish KOTR.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: September 3, 2011, 01:00 PM »
I really don't know what else Hasbro could feasibly do with KOTOR.  They've covered most of the principles:

-Darth Revan
-Darth Malak
-Bastila (on the way)

And of course we've also gotten HK-47, HK-50 and Darth Nihilus.

The next logical step (one would think) would be to make a Jedi version of Revan, Carth Onassi, Darth Sion and the Jedi Outcast from KOTOR II.  But the problem there is how do you do Revan or the Outcast?  They're both characters that the game player designs.  And in the case of Revan he hasn't been seen in other media without the Sith mask.  I think a lot of the other characters are great,  but would they make good basic figure releases?  They would probably make for a better boxed set release.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback