Author Topic: What could be a good Episode 3 plot helper...  (Read 5797 times)

Offline Dimetrodon

• Jedi Padawan
  • Gort
    • View Profile
What could be a good Episode 3 plot helper...
« on: August 1, 2003, 12:04 AM »
i saw this for a fan film at theforce.net

The destruction of the Jedi Temple is devastating. Accusing Separatists of the attack, Emperor Palpatine declares martial law on Coruscant.

As Imperial presence spreads to most systems, Palpatine calls the scattered Jedi order ineffective. Their protests denounced as treason, all Jedi are declared traitors and are now fugitives of the Empire.

Looking for a way to turn the tide in this battle, both the surviving Jedi and the Empire are looking for a mystical Jedi artifact said to give the bearer great power.
http://www.theforce.net/theater/comingsoon/revelations/index.shtml

it sounds really good to me...minus that jedi artifact crap...
just how the jedi were outlawed and slain, that stuff is good.
« Last Edit: August 3, 2003, 02:19 PM by Dimetrodon »

Offline urban fox

• Youngling
    • View Profile
Re: What could be a good Episode 3 plot helper...
« Reply #1 on: August 4, 2003, 04:13 PM »
I think there will have to be a subtle move to kill the Jedi, or to claim that they are evil, I don't believe that the senate would last till ep4 when Tarkin says it has been disbanded if Palpatine was so evil.  Later on "fear will keep them in line" but to start with a less obvious culling of the Jedi.  Bounty hunters and dark jedi rather than storm/clone troopers.
He can't muck this one up! just kill'em all in a really cool way!

Offline MisterPL

• Jedi Padawan
  • Sarcastic instigator at large.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 4, 2003, 05:27 PM »
Ooooh! The Kaiburr Crystal! Yippee!

Maybe this could have the power to destroy anyone with a midichlorian count high enough to be a threat to Palpatine!
Post sober.

Offline urban fox

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 5, 2003, 04:17 AM »
If that bloody crystal, or any other artifact that gives the wielder strange powers, is in it I'll cry!  This film should be so simple.  No flying R2's, No crystals, Slapstick to a minimum, lots of Jedi fighting, cool death scenes and an outstanding Obi - Anakin duel.  It's that simple.  Lightsabers and starships are the only plot helpers it needs.  Lets not encourage him with talk of magical stones!
He can't muck this one up! just kill'em all in a really cool way!

Offline roguestormtrooper

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 5, 2003, 08:24 PM »
If that bloody crystal, or any other artifact that gives the wielder strange powers, is in it I'll cry!  This film should be so simple.  No flying R2's, No crystals, Slapstick to a minimum, lots of Jedi fighting, cool death scenes and an outstanding Obi - Anakin duel.  It's that simple.  Lightsabers and starships are the only plot helpers it needs.  Lets not encourage him with talk of magical stones!

I agree...

Offline Darth Moribund

• Banned
  • Youngling
  • "I find your lack of faith disturbing..."
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2004, 08:48 AM »
 that- is- nuts !!! i often wondered how it happens that the Jedi are to be slain. the great Jedi Scurge. That article from "Dimetrodon" is nuts, sick, awsome, you get the picture. All out action man, that's what i want. With a good plat and that sounds good!
Souless eyes hypnotize. Mesmerize the thoughts inside your brain. The pain. The thoughts of going insane ! I will not die in vain !

Offline Mainland05

• Jedi Apprentice
  • inventing a time machine :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2004, 02:00 AM »
I really hope this is not true, I do not want Padme to die, does she?  Well found this, seems a little intersting, tell me what you all think:

"In the previous article, we reported that Padme's injuries, at the hand of an enraged Anakin, cause the ship she, Bail, Obi-Wan, and Yoda are on to land in order to save her babies. They land on a new world where the twins are born, and Padme finally succombs to her injuries. Today, we learn that Padme does not just die, but that she dies in the arms of a saddened Obi-Wan, much like Shmi Skywalker died in her son's arms in Attack of the Clones. LS describes it as a "really intense scene." The parallel with Episode II is interesting: just as Anakin cradles his dying mother and vows to never let such a thing happened again, so too does Obi-Wan cradle Anakin's wife, dying at her husband's hand." End Spoiler!

Found this at www.thenextamidala.com.  Very Interesting!
Born & Raised Modesto Man. :)

Offline Darth Moribund

• Banned
  • Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2004, 02:45 PM »
I will have to veto that. If you have seen Return of the Jedi, on Endor Luke and Leia talk about their mother. Luke asks her if she remembers her. She says something like she was very beautiful but sad. And Luke tells her that he has no memory of her and then reveles they are brother and sister.

I think from that  alone that Padme doesn't die in the way that's being discussed here and wherever. I believe she will die of a broken heart. Her love for Anakin, one of her children being taken away, the disinergration of the galexy. We won't see it but we will get a better understanding like perhaps seeing her character be defeted and exhausted, completely done  both mentaly and  physically.

I don't know. That's what i would have figured to happen but as we all know, this is Star Wars and anything can happen !   :)    
Souless eyes hypnotize. Mesmerize the thoughts inside your brain. The pain. The thoughts of going insane ! I will not die in vain !

Offline Mainland05

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2004, 06:07 PM »
Good point.  It makes me sad to even know that the galaxy goes through all this disturbance.  And for Padme to just let it tear her down too!! I don't know how to react?

Offline Darth Moribund

• Banned
  • Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2004, 11:40 PM »
  "What does your heart tell you?" - Shmi Skywalker

Offline Mainland05

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2004, 11:48 PM »
Alot! ;)

Offline Darth Moribund

• Banned
  • Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2004, 10:46 AM »
 lol !!  I hear ya ! I feel the same way. I have my thoughts of what will possibly happen but i also am not gonna let that be my final thought on it, ya know?

I was  taught to expect the unexpected w/ anything and this is no exception.

I wonder about alot of stuff w/ what will happen and i am sure everyone here does too. Like how in the world it happens that the galexy just collapses and the Jedi are forced to scatter and eventually become extinct. Altho it is said that Vader helped the Emperor to kill them off but for why? What is the main reason after Palpatine turns his back on all and declares himself Emperor? What is the actuall excuse he feeds everyone or doesn't couse he is now in power.

This is gonna keep us all talking till then !      :o  

Offline Mainland05

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2004, 11:04 AM »
Yes It Is, but to this day and always will not understand why the killed off all the Jedi! Great ones at that.  All I can say is, if I see Shaak Ti, Aayla Secura or Luminara Unduli die, I will scream in the theatre.  But I really wish we could possibly in the future get - Episodes 7,8,9.  I am gonna really miss, waiting 3 years for a new SW film to come out. :'(

Offline Darth Moribund

• Banned
  • Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2004, 12:42 PM »
I don't know if you know this but Lucas isn't making 7,8,9. The WHOLE story is that it revolves around Anakin. His innocence and power potential, his fall from grace and his redemption. And Lucas did say that Anakin is the chosen one, not Luke.

But like all the Jedi are to be killed. W/ the exception of a few of course. Obi Wan and Yoda. So weather or not we see all these other Jedi get killed, i guess it's safe to assume. "...Now the Jedi are all but extinct."- Obi Wan in EP IV explaining to Luke about his father and Vader. That whole scene there is awsome.

Anakin was discovered by Qui Gonn. Qui Gonn saw something in him that the others didn't see or want to deal w/ becouse the Counsell thought he was old. He was refered to the chosen one to bring balance to the force. Think about it for a second. There are something like 10,000 Jedi in the whole galexy as said in EP I book. There are no more than 2 Sith at a time couse they killed eachother off for power and the Jedi killed off what were left. But we know that's wrong.

Anyway, the balance of power is this- 2  Sith at one time and all these Jedi. Here's the Chose one. He eventually goes DARK becouse of he was seduced by the DARKSIDE. In that, the Jedi scourge begins w/ Anakin and now all the power that was once the Old Republic that becomes the Empire goes after the Jedi and all that support them making them the start of the Rebellion.

Messed up it is. But it makes sence. Seeing how it all goes down tho will speak louder than this talk here. Even Sam Jackson talked briefly about his demise. I think that Anakin will get him. The looks that Anakin gave him in EPI when Windu said he won't be trained. But i could be looking to much into that. Who knows.

Well i hope i didn't bore ya by talkin too much here couse now i need to shut my comp. down for a bit. I have a brain cramp !   Later        

Offline Mainland05

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2004, 01:41 PM »
Good Point, you really explained some stuff there, So does Anakin kill all those 10,000 Jedi?