Author Topic: Xbox One  (Read 2964 times)

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
  • CreatureCantina.com SUCKS!!
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
Re: Xbox One
« Reply #75 on: June 19, 2015, 11:58 AM »
Condescending was dismissing the whole BC program because the list of titles 3 days after it's announcement isn't terribly lengthy.

Looks like someone needs a dictionary...

(see, that was an example of being condescending)
Bill Cable - Steeler Fan & Star Wars Collector
  http://CreatureCantina.com       
"Cable is incapable of contributing anything positive to this world" - cstoj

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
  • A creep, I am.
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #76 on: June 19, 2015, 12:35 PM »
So it's going to be like the X-Box 360 with backwards compatibility.  A few games at first as a test (glad to see Mass Effect in there) and they will add games over time.  Eventually, pretty much every game will be playable.

No, it'll be a lot better than it was on the 360. On the 360 it was done on a game-by-game basis and was a giant pain in the ass for everyone involved (MS/developers/publishers), resulting in glitchy games and a spotty library.

This time, MS has just emulated the entire 360 OS on the One, so the bulk of the work is already done. All they'll really need now from publishers is approval, so most games will be able to carry over no problem. The only ones that definitely won't carry over are games that require Kinect or other hardware, like Rock Band.

Speaking of Mass Effect, it actually runs better on the One than it did on the 360.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
    • Vitamin
« Reply #77 on: June 19, 2015, 01:34 PM »
Condescending was dismissing the whole BC program because the list of titles 3 days after it's announcement isn't terribly lengthy.

Looks like someone needs a dictionary...

(see, that was an example of being condescending)

Oddly enough, when I looked up condescending just now, I still felt like it applied to your post where you (to me at least) sarcastically declared the short, initial title list as being all the options I had to choose from.  Maybe I inferred too much because I thought you were responding to my post about what titles I'd go back and play, or have yet to play, and because you're the lone voice somehow suggesting that this whole BC thing is a bad move, but there you have it.

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
  • CreatureCantina.com SUCKS!!
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #78 on: June 19, 2015, 02:01 PM »
Nope, I wasn't talking down to you at all.  I was making the point that the BC library is garbage right now.  People who are being sold the idea "Eventually, pretty much every game will be playable" are being misled.  In fact, Microsoft has stated that even games that win their poll of which games should be added aren't guaranteed to be made.  At this point, we don't know how many it'll happen with, or if it'll end up being anywhere close to "pretty much every game."  Jesse thinking he can unplug his 360 because he can play AC, or Diddly wanting to go back and play Red Dead - those conclusion have no basis in fact.  And we don't know the rate at which they'll add games either.  Who cares if it's a library of 300 games if it takes 5 years to get there, and everyone has moved on to the Xbox Two?

It might end up having a large library.  They might come out fast.  Or maybe those things won't happen.  Nobody knows for sure.  Treating this announcement as something it isn't is just dishonest.  All we know right now is you'll definitely be able to pop in your old copy of Viva Pińata.
Bill Cable - Steeler Fan & Star Wars Collector
  http://CreatureCantina.com       
"Cable is incapable of contributing anything positive to this world" - cstoj

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi Master
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #79 on: June 19, 2015, 09:53 PM »
Ok ladies....back to your corners.
Peacekeeper, when it absolutely, positively has to be nuked in 30 minutes or less.  Or the next nuke's free!