Community > Watto's Junk Yard

The Avengers (SPOILERS)

<< < (2/105) > >>

efranks:
I love Whedon as a writer and he's not a bad director, I just don't think of him as a director first.  He did do a great job on Serenity, though, so we know he can direct a big screen action film.

I'm actually surprised that they didn't look at Favreau or Louis Leterrier to direct Avengers since they both have experience in the Marvel Universe.  Favreau, especially, since he really helped kickstart this whole project with the excellent job he did on the first IM film.

E...

BillCable:
I read a while ago that Favreau declined any offer to direct Avengers.  He didn't know how he'd reconcile the technology-centric world of Tony Stark with the magical world of Thor.

efranks:
I did not know that.  If they wanted someone to understand the magic, you can't go wrong with Whedon.

E...

Brian:

--- Quote from: BillCable on April 14, 2010, 12:06 PM ---What I read so far about Avengers:

Confirmed team members:  Cap, Iron Man, Thor

Probable enemies:  Loki, Hulk

Nick Fury will be in the movie.  Other than that, the membership of the team is unknown.  You can bet they'll have a female, and The Wasp is probably the most likely.  I wouldn't be surprised to see Hank Pym to round out the original Avengers line-up.   

I highly doubt Scarlet Witch... I can't see her powers translating well to live action.  I expect they'll run with the original team.

--- End quote ---

It has been a few months now, but at one point Marvel was talking to Jeremy Renner (The Hurt Locker) about the role of Hawkeye - so it is possible he could be included in Avengers as well.  As far as the director, I believe Favreau was indeed the first choice as mentioned - but he declined because of the reasons already posted, and because it was so soon after Iron Man 2.  I do believe he is an executive producer or something for Avengers though.

DSJ™:

--- Quote from: Brian on April 13, 2010, 09:30 PM ---Rumors are heating up that Joss Whedon may be directing the Avengers movie.
--- End quote ---

Apparently confirmed!

Geek Out!: Joss Whedon to direct 'Avengers'

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version