Author Topic: The Avengers (SPOILERS)  (Read 137193 times)

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Re: The Avengers (and sequels)
« Reply #45 on: August 16, 2011, 01:15 PM »
Nope.  One of the final scenes of Iron Man 2 specifically dealt with an evaluation of Iron Man and his fitness for what Nick Fury referred to as the Avenger Initiative. 

As for the figures?  They're definitely prototypes.  And I wouldn't expect anything movie accurate from Hasbro yet.  The Avengers toy line will probably launch around March or April of 2012.  Sure, they could try to do a teaser in time for Christmas.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2011, 01:20 PM by Nicklab »
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 16, 2011, 01:48 PM »
Slightly SPOILERY:

http://comicbookmovie.com/fansites/MarvelFreshman/news/?a=44490

A couple pics with Cap, and some funky looking weaponry....

EDIT: More Cap-

http://comicbookmovie.com/fansites/MarvelFreshman/news/?a=44481
« Last Edit: August 16, 2011, 01:57 PM by Brian »

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 16, 2011, 03:08 PM »
In the comics, Stark has a virtual of different armor designs.  There are variety of different chest pieces, weaponry, and colors, so no surprise to see him switch from a circular looking reactor to a triangle design I guess.  I think you could explain the triangle reactor as either experimental or even just a cover change (maybe its still circular underneath, but the external opening in the armor is triangle shaped to create a different energy beam).  Given Starks penchant for fast cars and different designs, it could just be a style choice with that particular suit. 
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 16, 2011, 03:13 PM »
Not a bad choice for Maria Hill...

From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 19, 2011, 02:38 PM »
Looks like some more footage has been leaking from the Avengers set:

http://comicbookmovie.com/fansites/joshw24/news/?a=44727

Granted, we don't know what the story will be like or anything like that - or even who the villains are for sure - but this footage gets me sort of geeked for the Avengers next year.  Just seeing Cap and Thor fighting together is pretty cool.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 3, 2011, 05:37 PM »
New photos of Captain America, Black Widow and Hawkeye in action.

Have to say, I don't care for the new Captain America costume.  Compared to the WWII outfit, which I thought turned out really well, this seems like a step backward.  There are parts that seem to work, but there's something about the headgear and the pants/lower half of the outfit that are missing something.  The boots and gloves look okay, though.

Hawkeye, on the other hand, I like.  The Black Widow outfit (didn't compare it to the IM movie outfit) looks good as well, but they have her in some ridiculous looking shoes.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 3, 2011, 05:51 PM »
Scarlett Johannson was wearing shoes?  I honestly didn't notice.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 3, 2011, 11:05 PM »
I like all three of the costumes.  Cap doesn't look as good as his WWII garb, but still looks pretty decent.  Makes sense that it would be more modernized.  Given what they have to match to in the comics, it looks fantastic.  Black Widow looks great - I don't know what you don't like about her shoes.  Not much of a shoe guy myself, but I'll go on record as saying I think the footwear designs for all three characters is solid.  Hawkeye...I knew we weren't going to get the purple costume, but some kind of mask would have been nice.   :-\  I do like the rest of the costume though.

My only gripe here is that cap has dark hair.  WTF!  That's the easiest thing to get right.  I haven't seen the Cap movie yet, but isn't he blonde throughout?  Rodgers is light blonde through the better part of a century in comics, so what gives with the dark hair?  I don't get it.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #53 on: September 4, 2011, 12:42 AM »
It is odd that Cap's hair has changed colors in this movie.  also, something about the costume is a little off...could be the helmet.

Overall, it still looks good.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 4, 2011, 12:59 AM »
They have Widow in these huge heels.  Granted, they're solid, but could you guys ever imagine running in something like those?  If you're picking footwear to battle evil in, don't you think you'd pick something a little more realistic, something you could run in or stomp the crap out of someone with rather than something that'll make your butt look a little better or that makes you taller to fit in with the guys?
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 4, 2011, 09:55 AM »
They have Widow in these huge heels.  Granted, they're solid, but could you guys ever imagine running in something like those?  If you're picking footwear to battle evil in, don't you think you'd pick something a little more realistic, something you could run in or stomp the crap out of someone with rather than something that'll make your butt look a little better or that makes you taller to fit in with the guys?

Sure.  If I was a butt kicking woman, I would probably wear the equivalent of steel-toed tennis shoes.  I'd also wear sweat pants and a sweat shirt to allow for more freedom of movement.  I wouldn't waste time with my hair or make-up either.  But that's not really what the comic movies are about.  Widow is a spy and a seductress of sorts, using her "wow" looks to momentarily stun the bad guys.  Maybe should pull that off with more sensible shoes, but I think these are just fine the way they are.   ;)
« Last Edit: September 4, 2011, 04:13 PM by JediJman »

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 4, 2011, 11:52 AM »
They probably didn't color Chris's hair because he has to where the helmet that day.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 4, 2011, 04:14 PM »
They probably didn't color Chris's hair because he has to where the helmet that day.

Do they color it every day they need him?  You'd think he would just dye it.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 4, 2011, 04:19 PM »
It's probably easier on the makeup folks to color it as needed.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline name

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I ate your llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 6, 2011, 09:35 AM »
Scarlett runs like a girl.
This sticker is dangerous and inconvenient, but I do love Fig Newtons.