Author Topic: The Avengers (SPOILERS)  (Read 137159 times)

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
Re: The Avengers (and sequels)
« Reply #60 on: September 6, 2011, 11:55 PM »
Yeah, isn't it Great! :D
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
  • CreatureCantina.com SUCKS!!
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #61 on: September 7, 2011, 07:17 AM »
Bill Cable - Steeler Fan & Star Wars Collector
  http://CreatureCantina.com       
"Cable is incapable of contributing anything positive to this world" - cstoj

Offline Hemish

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Blah
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 7, 2011, 07:33 AM »
Really not liking the newer cap outfit
The problem with America is stupidity I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 7, 2011, 10:26 PM »
Can't really blame Hawkeye for that, I guess, but not too subtle.

Chris Evans looks substantially less buff and the new Cap suit looks like a pair of jammies.  I'm still excited for this movie, though.
"Really?  Sorry."

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 7, 2011, 10:30 PM »
Hawkeye knows where it's at...

http://eyeprime.net/2011/09/on-location-for-the-avengers/

Please.  She got reduction surgery.  Why not just spit in God's face while you're at it?
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 7, 2011, 10:47 PM »
Can't really blame Hawkeye for that, I guess, but not too subtle.

Chris Evans looks substantially less buff and the new Cap suit looks like a pair of jammies.  I'm still excited for this movie, though.

Hey, cut Cap some slack.  He's like 80+ years old in the Avengers now.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #66 on: September 7, 2011, 11:06 PM »
I agree. After seeing the Captain America, the Avengers Cap looks like he's dressed in his USO tour version of the costume. Big step backward.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 8, 2011, 10:00 AM »
Please.  She got reduction surgery. 

Incorrect.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 8, 2011, 10:24 AM »
Yeah, I'm not seeing any credible evidence of this happening.  Let's hope it is not true.
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
  • CreatureCantina.com SUCKS!!
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #69 on: September 8, 2011, 10:30 AM »
I don't read the Hollywood rumor boards, but my theory is that she's lost weight to be more fit for the role.  Plus the suit is compressing.
Bill Cable - Steeler Fan & Star Wars Collector
  http://CreatureCantina.com       
"Cable is incapable of contributing anything positive to this world" - cstoj

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 29, 2011, 02:15 PM »
The Avengers are this week's EW cover story:

Cover Pic

Also, some inside pics here:

New Pics

« Last Edit: September 29, 2011, 02:15 PM by Brian »

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 29, 2011, 03:27 PM »
Cool pictures Brian - thanks for posting.  I got a little schoolgirl giddy just looking at Cap and Iron Man in the same scene on that first picture.  I love that Hawk and Thor are in there too, though I'd much rather see Wasp and Giant Man in place of Hulk or Black Widow.  No offense meant to Scarlet - it's just that the Black Widow has always been more of a spy character than a super-team character in my mind.  I always felt like Hank Pym and Janet Van Dyne provided more character driven storylines, with their rocky marriage issues, Janet coming from money, Hank being a flawed husband and hero, and obviously the creation of super baddie Ultron, which leads to characters like Vision, Jocasta, etc. 

I guess the Black Widow can provide some connection back to SHEILD, and maybe even a question of her true loyalties if she has to choose between the two.  But I completely forgot that Hulk was going to be in this and find myself extra annoyed at his involvement..  Is anyone else bothered by Marvel's determination to promote the Hulk?  He's had two failed movies, doesn't seem to be high in the Avengers fan base, and his powered-character doesn't seem like a good fit for a super-team.  I hope they somewhat stick to the comic origin, using Hulk to initially bring the heroes together, then quickly drop him from the lineup.  Hopefully characters like Vision, Black Panther, Scarlet Witch, Black Night, Wonderman, Ms. Marvel, etc. can take his place in the sequels.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2011, 07:11 PM by JediJman »

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #72 on: September 29, 2011, 03:59 PM »
I agree Justin, I'd rather have seen Wasp and Giant Man as well...stays truer to the origin as well.  I also like the angle of Vision as well and would love to see that in a sequel (and no Vision can't be some super computer or lame cloud thing...he must be an android)
« Last Edit: September 29, 2011, 03:59 PM by Scott »

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 30, 2011, 02:31 PM »
I'm really hoping (that is, if the Avengers does well) that we'll see more of the team in the sequel.  I really think that Wasp, Ant Man, and Black Panther would be the next ones added to the roster, but I guess you never know.  It seems like, from what I've read, that Marvel has hopes of a Black Panther solo movie at some point, so it would be a good way to introduce him as well.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 30, 2011, 02:55 PM »
I wonder if the size changers were purposely left out because they weren't confident in their ability to show the size change on film?  Does anyone know of other live action movies where they've successfully shrank or grown a character?  I'm sure there are examples, but none come to mind. 

I could honestly do without the Panther.  He doesn't bring much to the table in terms of powers, so with somewhat unpowered characters in Widow, Cap, and Hawk, I'm not sure what he adds to the table.  Same story with Swordsman, Mockingbird, Tigra, or other low powered characters.  I would definitely like to see the size changers come on board, and they could easily build a plot around Wonderman, Black Knight, or War Machine coming on board.  Even Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver would be nice additions.  I'd think they have to include another woman or two on the team - it's a bit lopsided with just the Widow, especially when you compare to what they've done with X-Men (Storm, Jean, Mystique, White Queen, Rogue).  Maybe we'll see Ms Marvel or She-Hulk strut their stuff in the sequels.