Author Topic: The Avengers (SPOILERS)  (Read 137188 times)

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Re: The Avengers (and sequels)
« Reply #285 on: September 12, 2012, 10:35 AM »
A little bit about the Avengers sequel from director Joss Whedon:

September 11, 2012 4:59 PM ET
Still riding high on the success of "The Avengers" (currently the third highest grossing movie of all time worldwide), writer-director Joss Whedon is opening up (just a little) about his plans for the sequel.

In the midst of charming the Toronto Film Festival with the premiere of his new low budget Shakespeare adaptation "Much Ado About Nothing" -- starring frequent collaborators Alexis Denisof, Amy Acker, Nathan Fillion and Sean Maher -- Whedon spoke with Vancouver's 24 Hours about returning to the Marvel universe.

"The creation of the [Avengers] team is not the happy ending," Whedon says in the interview. "It is the beginning of something that is complex and difficult, and now I get to dig a little deeper. And maybe, while I'm digging, just twist that knife. And that's exciting for me."

Twisting that knife will have to wait a little while. "The Avengers 2" isn't due until 2015, after we've seen more solo Avenger pics including "Iron Man 3" (due May 3, 2013), "Thor: The Dark World" (Nov. 8, 2013) and "Captain America: The Winter Soldier" (April 4, 2014). Marvel also has another superhero team project in the works with "Guardians of the Galaxy" due out Aug. 1, 2014.

As to how involved he'll be in his role as a consultant to the many projects in the Avengers' universe, Whedon said he expects his contributions to be minimal: "Very talented people are writing and directing these movies and what I don't want to be is the guy they dread, who's going to come in and say [in a pompous British accent] 'Oh, well I have the power to say change this.' I'm not that."
« Last Edit: September 12, 2012, 10:35 AM by Nicklab »
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: September 25, 2012, 02:24 PM »
Got Avengers at Target today... got the super duper 3D/BR/DVD set because there was some sort of ad error so Target marked it down to $20, same price as the regular set, so why not.

Exclusive wise: Target has a 90 minute bonus disc with every set, Best Buy has a $70 set that includes a $30 Sideshow gift card and a poster and Wal-Mart has a free comic book (my store did not have this version ::))
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: September 25, 2012, 02:30 PM »
Just posted this in the BD/DVD thread as well.  Yeah, I noticed that Target's online weekly ad listed it at $19.99, while the paper ad (and shelf tags) had $24.99.  Mine rang up at $19.99 as well, so I was happy to see that.  Good price for the movie alone, let alone all the extra discs that version comes with.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: April 25, 2013, 01:05 PM »
It looks like Joss Whedon is letting some info slip about Avengers 2, and that a brother & sister from the storied past of the Avengers may be coming to the next installment with Earth's mightiest heroes.

Feedback

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: April 25, 2013, 07:22 PM »
It looks like Joss Whedon is letting some info slip about Avengers 2, and that a brother & sister from the storied past of the Avengers may be coming to the next installment with Earth's mightiest heroes.

Northstar and Aurora? Awesome. 

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: April 26, 2013, 09:22 AM »
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: April 26, 2013, 06:56 PM »

I'm going to guess Scarlett Witch and Quicksilver.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: April 26, 2013, 07:05 PM »
Colossus and Magik!

Yeah but no it's probably Wanda and Pietro.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: April 26, 2013, 07:30 PM »

I'm going to guess Scarlett Witch and Quicksilver.

Methinks you would be correct.  Both the Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver have been on the team over the history of the comics, and they are siblings. 

The interesting note from Marvel Studios' Kevin Feige is that given the backstory of the characters, both Marvel Studios AND Fox would have rights to use the characters in certain contexts.  Marvel Studios can use them in an Avengers project as members of the team.  But Fox also retains rights to the mutant siblings in a possible X-Men project given the characters' relation to their father, Magneto.  Case in point:  they're not terribly visible, but both the Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver are shown on the Wanted poster that's prominently featured in the cover art for Uncanny X-Men #141, the classic "Days of Future Past" storyline that's supposed to be the basis for the next X-Men film project.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2013, 07:37 PM by Nicklab »

Feedback

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: April 29, 2013, 08:03 AM »
This will be interesting to see.  Both of their power sets are pretty tricky to show live.  Quicksilver's superspeed has been done before, but not very well IMO.  Making him race while everyone else is moving at normal speed could look silly.  And Wanda's hex powers of probability are hard enough to explain to people, let alone show on the big screen.  I'd be concerned that the average Joe who doesnt know her wont really get her powers.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline JediMoses

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: April 29, 2013, 11:25 PM »
This will be interesting to see.  Both of their power sets are pretty tricky to show live.  Quicksilver's superspeed has been done before, but not very well IMO.  Making him race while everyone else is moving at normal speed could look silly.  And Wanda's hex powers of probability are hard enough to explain to people, let alone show on the big screen.  I'd be concerned that the average Joe who doesnt know her wont really get her powers.

She'll also offer fanboy eye candy.

Got preview tix to IM3 for Wed evening.  My son is more excited than I.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #296 on: June 20, 2013, 02:12 PM »

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
  • CreatureCantina.com SUCKS!!
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #297 on: June 20, 2013, 02:27 PM »
Just saw that.  Excellent news indeed!
Bill Cable - Steeler Fan & Star Wars Collector
  http://CreatureCantina.com       
"Cable is incapable of contributing anything positive to this world" - cstoj

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: June 20, 2013, 04:08 PM »
So, in that article it says the new Avengers movie is slated for first week of May, 2015.  Isn't that when Star Wars VII is slated to come out?  I can't imagine Disney splitting audiences like that...