Author Topic: The Avengers (SPOILERS)  (Read 137158 times)

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: The Avengers (and sequels)
« Reply #345 on: October 4, 2013, 10:38 PM »
  Ultron ultimately becomes one of the Avengers greatest heroes and a never-ending source of guilt for Hank. 

He's like Bender, he says he wants to kill all humans, but is really good at heart.

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
  • CreatureCantina.com SUCKS!!
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #346 on: February 7, 2014, 01:31 PM »
Surprised this wasn't posted earlier:

(the voice of) Jarvis is The Vision.
Bill Cable - Steeler Fan & Star Wars Collector
  http://CreatureCantina.com       
"Cable is incapable of contributing anything positive to this world" - cstoj

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: February 7, 2014, 03:06 PM »
Interesting choice.  So, are they just giving him a bigger part is there some storyline connection between Jarvis and Vision via Ultron?  Maybe Ultron is working to bring other AI's to independence and helps create a body for Jarvis, who redubs himself the Vision?  Anyone know Vision's backstory from the Ultimates?  I'm only familiar with the traditional Marvel U storylines, which they are obviously not following.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #348 on: February 7, 2014, 03:51 PM »
I'm thinking instead of Pym creating Ultron who creates Vision, we'll see Stark creating Ultron who then hacks Jarvis to create Vision.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: February 7, 2014, 05:36 PM »
It's an interesting development.  J.A.R.V.I.S as an AI has been characterized as fairly powerful.  Paul Bettany seems like he could step into the role of the Vision pretty well.

As for who actually develops Ultron?  I think there are plenty of possibilities out there for how that might develop.  Stark's tech hasn't been completely secure over the history of the Iron Man movies, or the Avengers.  Stane got a hold of Stark's Mk 1 plans in the first Iron Man.  Justin Hammer weaponized the Mk 2 armor, turning it into War Machine.  Also, Vanko managed to hack that armor in addition to the creation of the Hammer Drones and his own Whiplash armor.  Stark hacked SHIELDs computers in AVENGERS.  One would think that it might also be possible for SHIELD to hack the Mk 6 armor when it was on the helicarrier.  And in Iron Man 3 AIM managed to hack the Iron Patriot armor.  Add all that up and Tony's armor has been somewhat less than secure.

But I think that some of what we saw in Iron Man 3 may be at the root of the Ultron creation story.  After Tony works on the implants that allow him to summon the Mk 42 armor remotely, we see a scene where Mk 42 is assembled and has independently made it's way to Tony as he's sleeping.  Perhaps what's next is that a new suit beyond Mk 42 becomes self aware, leading to Ultron. 
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: February 7, 2014, 10:10 PM »
Good casting no matter which way they go, I liked him in Priest.

This thing is going to be the complete opposite of that JLA train wreck in every way.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #351 on: February 8, 2014, 09:12 AM »
As for who actually develops Ultron?  I think there are plenty of possibilities out there for how that might develop.

I'm thinking Stark, but not for the reasons that Pym created Ultron.  He's not going to do it with the intent of defeating Ultron to redeem himself with the team, he's going to do it to defend against another alien attack.  And then AI go bad.

Offline Greedo The Green Menace

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: February 9, 2014, 01:44 AM »
My theory is that Ultron will be built by that shady government agency from the first Avengers in response to the supers being too unwilling to follow orders and think for themselves. Based on what I've seen in the Cap trailer, it looks like Cap might be making a stand and doing what he thinks is right rather than following orders. I think Ultron will be built in response to that, in fear of the avengers turning rogue.

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: February 12, 2014, 07:12 PM »
this is starting to sound an awful lot like that SW short story where an IG-88 incarnation plugged into DS 2 and 'became' the DS.  ::)
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: March 24, 2014, 07:33 PM »
Photos have been sneaking out from the set. In the images that turned up on Facebook are Jeremy Renner in costume as Hawkeye, Elizabeth Olsen as the Scarlet Witch and an actor in an Ultron motion capture suit. Hoping that it was actually Spader doing that, because it would be very cool!

Feedback

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #355 on: March 25, 2014, 03:32 AM »
I already don't like how Quicksilver looks.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: March 25, 2014, 07:33 AM »
I already don't like how Quicksilver looks.

+1. It would help if he shaved.  I was never much a fan of QS anyway, so wasn't expecting much.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #357 on: March 25, 2014, 08:06 AM »
Hoping that it was actually Spader doing that, because it would be very cool!

Zero chance of that, honestly.  I saw some "making of" video a while back that explained that if you don't see the actor's face, it's almost certainly not the actor on screen.  When somebody is being driven around with a hood over his head, that's a body double.  Even stuff like when you see hands shifting the gears or steering in Fast & Furious, those aren't Vin Diesel's hands.  The main actors get paid too much to be spending time on those kinds of shots.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: March 25, 2014, 09:09 PM »
RDJ did some of the motion capture in the mocked up Iron Man suits for those films.  And I was very surprised that Mark Ruffalo did a lot of the motion capture work for the Hulk in Avengers.  There's probably no guarantee that Spader is doing motion capture for Ultron.  But I have been surprised to see just how many actors who are cast in voice roles will spend time on set to work on dialogue with the other actors.  Benedict Cumberbatch did that for The Hobbit - The Desolation of Smaug.

I think directors are pushing more for their actors to do this.  Even though we're in an age of cinema where CGI characters are fully accepted, having an actor who is playing that CGI character part to play off does make the process much more organic for the other actors.  Ewan McGregor was quoted as saying that the stark blue and green screen environments of the PT made it difficult for him to immerse himself in the world of those films.

Feedback

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #359 on: March 26, 2014, 08:23 AM »
Mo-cap is a different thing, though.  After Gollum, I see a lot of actors wanting to do mo-cap to fully own a role. 

That on-set Ultron wasn't a mo-cap rig.  I figure it was there so the CG guys can get the reflections perfect.  And they wouldn't bring in Spader to do that.