Community > Hall of Justice

LEGO Does the DC Universe

<< < (5/7) > >>

Pete_Fett:
The Mr Freeze polybag promotion started today both in stores and online. Spend $75 and you get the polybag for free. When I stopped by the nearest Lego store to me on the way home from work tonight, I was told by the clerk that they got enough polybags to last a few days at least, but he didn't think they would last to the end of the promotion (which I think is the 14th or 15th).

Pete_Fett:
Finally got the time to finish building the 1960s Batcave yesterday. The build was fun and I really like the fact that they made it so you can configure the order of the structures based on your preference. The only part of the set I don't care for is the garage/helipad section. I think it would have been better if it were designed to fully store the Bat-mobile instead of either the front or back of the car sticking out.

To make this overall sub theme just about "perfect" I hope they have a Batgirl set planned - it would be fun to have a small section of her apartment that spins around to allow you to recreate her changing from Barbara to Batgirl - and she would definitely need her motorcycle.

I can't think of any major villain that they could put in the set - maybe King Tut or even Egghead just so they could have a minifigure based on a Vincent Price character, I dunno. It would be nice if they immortalized at least "created for the show" villain in minifigure form.

I also picked up these sets:
MoS Metropolis Showdown
MoS Black Zero Escape
Jor-el Polybag
Martian Manhunter Polybag
Defend the Batcave (Juniors set - mostly for the minifigures)
Joker Steamroller
DC superhero book w/Pirate Batman minifigure

Those will be it for a while until I've caught back up with Lego Star Wars - the Hoth set comes out at the end of the month, so I gotta plan for that big purchase. Plus I still don't have the unmasked Kylo wave, the Battle of Takodana set is coming, 6" Kmart Rey is coming and so is Walmart black series wave 4...

Pete_Fett:
Found a reasonably priced eBay auction for four Batman sets from 2012:
6860: The Batcave
6863: Batwing Battle Over Gotham
6864: Batmobile & Two-Face Chase
6857: Dynamic Duo Funhouse Escape

I also grabbed from the same seller the Batman Jetski Polybag...

So now from 2012, I'm left with the Constraction figures, the Catwoman set, two polybags and the convention mini-figure exclusives. Might go ahead and just finish off the "reasonable" aftermarket priced items from that year with the Catwoman set and the two polybags. I haven't pulled the trigger on any of the constraction figures (Marvel or DC) so I'll definitely hold off on those and with regards to old convention mini-figures, I still can't bring myself to pull the trigger on a $200+ minifigure purchase so those stay well out of reach for now...

Pete_Fett:
Picked up the following sets recently...

10724: Batman & Superman vs. Lex Luthor (Juniors Set - bought it mostly for the Lex Minifigure)
6858: Catwoman Catcycle City Chase
10937: Batman: Arkham Asylum Breakout

I'm eyeing up getting 76023: The Tumbler - just to finish off the "big" DC sets, might hold off on that just because I have all of the Star Wars summer sets to get, plus there are Marvel and DC Summer Sets coming soon... UGH

Pete_Fett:
My quest to get as caught-up as possible with the DC Comics Superheroes line continues... picked up over the last couple of weeks:

30161: Batmobile (Polybag)
30164: Lex Luthor (Polybag)
30166: Robin and Redbird Cycle (Polybag)
76000: Arctic Batman vs. Mr Freeze : Aquaman on Ice
76001: The Bat vs. Bane : Tumbler Chase
76012: Batman: The Riddler Chase
76023: The Tumbler
70817: Batman & Super Angry Kitty Attack (the Batman minifigure in this set is unique)

So for the DC Comics line I'm down to just needing convention exclusives from years past. I'm sure we're coming up on another round of SDCC exclusives soon, so that will probably be what I focus on next...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version